N-Europe

Itunes problem

stuwii

I own a Ipod touch 8gb and my itunes library is linked to a computer that is currently usable. However linking my ipod to a different account has created an issue, I cannot.

1. Transfer files to the ipod touch

2. Transfer files from the ipod touch.

3.Get help from apple as their instructions exclude ipod touch

Any ideas, also some files are not from the itunes store

Unless Apple have completely changed the system since I had my iPod, you'll have to connect your iPod to your new PC and format it, then you'll be able to add stuff to it (of course, you'll lose all the stuff on it now and will have to re-add it all).

Unless Apple have completely changed the system since I had my iPod, you'll have to connect your iPod to your new PC and format it, then you'll be able to add stuff to it (of course, you'll lose all the stuff on it now and will have to re-add it all).

Will take a while.. which is fine, but I would like to keep my game data

Can't you just take the HDD out of your old computer and put it into your new computer (or an external enclosure) and get the iPod backup files off of it?

Oh, and make sure you ground yourself when opening your computer up, and make sure the power supply is off and unplugged.

Edited by Emasher

Can you not just sign into the account that is linked to the iPod on both computers?

Not sure how it works with iPod touch's, but my iPod video has been used on 3 different computers now and I haven't had a problem at all since I've always used the same iTunes account.