NEurope
Cookyman

Dead Nation

Dead Nations is awesome. Everyone get.

Bought this yesterday! and I agree it's damn good!

No voice chat in co-op unfortunately but it's coming!

Voice Chat Coming Soon To Dead Nation

5073525460_8ff5b0c1fa.jpg

We here at Housemarque sincerely apologise that Voice Chat is not available in Dead Nation‘s online co-op mode.

Following player demand for this feature, the team is currently working intensely to introduce it as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we’re keen to get as much feedback on the game as possible so we can further improve what we think is a great zombie game. We’ll keep you posted on the PlayStation blogs and other channels, such as facebook.com/DeadNation, when we have a firmer ETA for the Voice Chat patch.

It’s regrettable that Voice Chat did not make it into the final game straight away. We at Housemarque put our hearts and souls into our games and we hope that many people enjoy the fruits of our labour and that we are able to create thrilling gaming moments for all of our players. The game is currently missing this feature, which is a major issue for some players, but we think that releasing Dead Nation has been the right decision as the game is still great fun.

Yours Sincerely,

The Housemarque Team

I love Housemarque. SSHD is honestly amazing. They seemed pretty good with updates on that (First game with trophies and custom soundtrack) so hopefully they'll do a lot with this. It's pretty much a top-down L4D, except only 2 player-co-op which makes more sense with the perspective.

I really hope they play with the global online aspect. We're on the first cycle now, would be nice if they chucked up special events as the cycles went on.

Just to double check it costs £7.99?

I'm a zombie whore, so I'm gonna have to get this.

Thanks for making me spend money, tossers!

That's the Plus price. I think it's £9.99 otherwise.

Thanks for making me spend money' date=' tossers![/quote']

Your welcome! :hehe:

That's the Plus price. I think it's £9.99 otherwise.

grudgecat.gif

I certainly intend to pick this up but at the moment it joins Pacman CE DX and Scott Pilgrim on my list of PSN games to buy at some point...

I bought it, as I said I would.

It feels like a Baldur's Gate type of game. I like it but I keep getting stuck on level one, near the bit where you have to clear the area.

We should play some games online.

Edited by The Lillster

This game has bad difficulty spikes.

It should have copied L4D. Drop in/out play. Option to change difficulty in game.

How does the levelling work? I have pretty good weapons but when I played co-op I had to start again? You should just be able to keep your levelled up weapons.

Damn, this game is tricky. Those tank zombies with blades for arms are basically insta-kill.

Just managed Mission 7, the Graveyard. Got three more left. I can't imagine what this is like on anything higher than Normal.

There's one coming. Probably not for a few weeks. I'd definitely recommend it, though. Online co-op is a blast and the gameplay is a lot deeper than it first seems.

Finsihed the single player campaign today - this game is insane there is literally hundreds of zombies chasing you on the last level! Great great game!

I'm loving this game but it seems I'm in the minority - come on people join in theres nothing more satisfying than taking on hordes of zombies with a souped up flamethrower and online co-op on this is insane!

I don't like how you have to level everything up every time you start a new game. Still need to complete it, though. I should get to it.

Nice - I was wondering when this was coming.

Dead Nation Gets Voice Chat, Checkpoint Saves And Other Additions

5078514206_6cde71ea80.jpg

We have some exciting news to share with everyone about the game and our upcoming patch!

First, we’re extremely pleased to report that Dead Nation received the Editor’s Choice award by Gaming Nexus, Just Push Start, PlayStation Lifestyle, ZTGD, and Gamingbolt!

Not only that, but the game was also chosen as PSN game of the year 2010 by PS Nation, Gamingbolt, and Playstation Lifestyle! We’re most honored for these awards, we wish to thank everyone who voted; this means a lot!

Now, we’re excited to report that our upcoming patch is only days away (coming Monday, March 7) and will provide players with not only online Co-op Voice Chat, but also Checkpoint saves, the ability to copy saves, and some further surprises for all the Dead Nation players out there!

And finally, for those interested in seeing behind-the-scenes of the game’s development, we made a small development diary last year that shows just how the whole zombie pandemic really got started…

We want to thank all the Dead Nation players out there and let them know that they’re appreciated! Keep your eyes peeled and your wits about you, the apocalypse has only begun!

thought would bump this seem as a far few PS3 owners will now be picking this up!

thought would bump this seem as a far few PS3 owners will now be picking this up!

Yes! should be more people playing - can have some online co-op!

Is the online co-op for the full single player campaign or has it got it's own seperate missions?

Is the online co-op for the full single player campaign or has it got it's own seperate missions?

It's for the single player - and I need someone to co-op with me sometime thrrough the entire game. You up for it sometime Mike?

I found this bit meh so far in single player, feel like it might come to life in co-op.

I found this bit meh so far in single player, feel like it might come to life in co-op.

Same here to be honest, need to co-op this game because it's pretty samey in the single player and you sometimes wish you had someone else to help you.

It's for the single player - and I need someone to co-op with me sometime thrrough the entire game. You up for it sometime Mike?

Yeah sure! :)