Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Justin Bieber vs. the World, Hitler and Puberty

Diageo

He doesn't act ever.

Well he was in CSI and SNL...

No wait you were right. He doesn't act. :heh:

Personally I don't care either. I don't 'get' it and I don't know why he's so popular Twitter has a separate server for him but ah well, popular culture ::shrug:

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did two cameos, but he's not an actor.

Cameo is when someone is themselves, an example would be Steve Martin in that same episode of SNL (he played himself and appeared briefly at the start), an acting job is one that requires the person to pretend to be someone they are not which he did in both the SNL sketches he was in (and at the end appeared as himself and gave Tina Fey flowers and a hug which was a bit creepy) and in CSI.

Unless you're suggesting he is a terrorist?

As you said, in spite of what his manager is trying to push nobody sees him as an actor. Thankfully, as he's not that good at it.

For ages I had heard the name "Justin Beiber" but I had no idea who he was. I had also heard some really annoying songs from a 12-year-old girl. It wasn't until months later that I realised that that 12-year-old girl was actually that utterly random name that was terrorizing Twitter.

haha i thought the same!

Although I can't say I hate...or even really dislike him... Anyone who does really needs to get a life. (no offence...but really spend your time thinking or doing stuff you actually enjoy.. no?)

People hardly buy his music because they don't like it. To them he has a good voice, even if you don't agree.

You didn't say that previously, you said he's clearly good because he sells records. Which is not a tru fact. I was just pointing out that record sales do not equal quality.

Happy now?

Utterly pointless since "good" is an opinion.

Why not just say "so clearly people enjoy his voice"? :p Solves everything, and just is...the right..thing to say. I know "good" is subjective, that's why I took issue with it in the first place.

Why not just say "so clearly people enjoy his voice"? :p Solves everything, and just is...the right..thing to say. I know "good" is subjective, that's why I took issue with it in the first place.

They clearly enjoy his voice and therefore think he is good. Me being one of those people I can say in one of my posts that his voice is good. :p

The fact that he sells a lot of records just supports the already established fact that the majority of our society are uncultured and have no taste.

No taste for the things you consider good. I could say liking comics is for nerds who have no taste. But I don't make generalisations like that because I'm not stuck up about my views. :p

No taste for the things you consider good. I could say liking comics is for nerds who have no taste. But I don't make generalisations like that because I'm not stuck up about my views. :p

You can't compare a whole medium to one shitty singer.

There are some shit comics. In the same way there are shit singers.

Edited by chairdriver

Hey I only chose comics because I know you like them. I could have chosen one singer you like and called him shitty too, and said that everyone who likes him is uncultured and has no taste. But once again, that's just making generalisations.

Give me some objective proof that Justin Bieber is a shitty singer who contributes to the fact that the majority have no taste.

Maybe you as the minority have no taste.

If you seriously believe the quality of all music is completely subjective, I really can't begin to reason with you.

I mean, it is not possible to argue Crazy Frog is better than Mozart, and still be telling truths.

Better in what sense?

Better to entertain a night club? I think not.

Better at a dinner party? Most likely.

Better because it took longer to make? I don't know how long each took.

Better because it is culturally accepted as good music?

I guess we just have viewpoints that are too different.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!