NEurope
Retro_Link

Worms: Battle Islands

Sadly it seems to be a set order making it very frustrating at times.

The battle island set up of this game is really irritating me, if you place your worms badly you have to go through it all again and it takes so bloody long, it's extremely infuriating. The blimps are also completely useless!

Is it possible to use your custom weapon in the campaign mode? I've tried but it never seems to appear, the custom weapons are largely useless.

Er....yeah. Have you never played a worm games before? That's what makes it so strategic!

Yes I have, and I indeed had a few seconds to choose which worm I wanted to use.

Yes I have, and I indeed had a few seconds to choose which worm I wanted to use.

The old ones did, yes. Not in this one. Not in campaign mode at least, haven't played multiplayer yet. Can't remember being able to do it in the PSP demo though. Unless it's unlockable or some option somewhere.

Am I going utterly insane? Since when have you ever ever been able to choose which worm you use? Doesn't that defeat the whole strategy aspect!

Am I going utterly insane? Since when have you ever ever been able to choose which worm you use? Doesn't that defeat the whole strategy aspect!

You are, it was definitely an option in some games, although it may not have been over 100% of modes. Worms 2 and Worms Armageddon had it iirc, I haven't played too many worms games outside of them lol.

Also considering a pickup of this after xmas, are there enough people playing online etc? Anything to make it worth it also?

Yeah you could select a worm in Armageddon (and beyond...?) through the two white arrows icon, sort of like a refresh button. Kind of ruins the game though, imo.

Yeah you could select a worm in Armageddon (and beyond...?) through the two white arrows icon, sort of like a refresh button. Kind of ruins the game though, imo.

Exactly. I've never played a game that has this (neither Worms games on the DS does), and it sounds ridiculous!

Exactly. I've never played a game that has this (neither Worms games on the DS does), and it sounds ridiculous!

Aye there's no need to choose yourself a single worm and keep rotating to it each turn. That would kill the game for me- its much better to play it as its intended and use all the worms at your disposal. :grin:

You are, it was definitely an option in some games, although it may not have been over 100% of modes. Worms 2 and Worms Armageddon had it iirc, I haven't played too many worms games outside of them lol.

Also considering a pickup of this after xmas, are there enough people playing online etc? Anything to make it worth it also?

I'll become a die-hard Worm online player fo'sho!

I like Yesteryeargames idea of getting together with the N-E crew every once in a while:awesome: