NEurope
Retro_Link

Worms: Battle Islands

This series has been the topic of recent discussion in the Retro Board, and low and behold, along comes a new Wii exclusive Worms title...

Looks to have pretty much everything you'd want from a Worms game!

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah that one seems to be a game for WiiWare though, I did see it on Youtube.

I'm guessing maybe they switched development to a full Wii title and added a load more features.

Edited by Retro_Link

I've been waiting for this since it was announced as a WiiWare title last year... and gave up waiting last month when Worms Reloaded came out on the PC and I got that instead. The weapon creator certainly looks interesting on this, but unless it offers anything else hugely different from Reloaded, I won't be getting it.

Oi, what happened to WiiWare?

Looks to have pretty much everything you'd want from a Worms game!

Voice Chat? No friendcode rubbish? ;)

This looks awesome. I love Worms 2 on the DS but I reckon if this holds up I'll definitely get it!

I'm really interested in this. So it is brilliant and great as always in multiplayer? Anything set it apart from the others?!

Had this game in my hands yesterday, but I decided to go for Epic Mickey. I do want to buy this, but one adventure at a time. Musn't forget Pikmin 2 either.

Definitely love Worms though, and I haven't played one of the series in ages so it'll bring back some memories:D

Online is brilliant, you have just about every mode you could want, you can have up to 4 teams.

highly reccomend this and its under £20 :D worms n-europe league anyone ?

Got my copy today, which is unusual for Amazon, I normally don't get games until Friday/Saturday from them.

Had this game in my hands yesterday, but I decided to go for Epic Mickey. I do want to buy this, but one adventure at a time. Musn't forget Pikmin 2 either.

Definitely love Worms though, and I haven't played one of the series in ages so it'll bring back some memories:D

Play eeeet! I want your opinion!

Picked this up in Game yesterday and loving it so far. I was initially a bit miffed at the control system having been changed from the last Wii game until I realied you could change the control settings, oops! It seems pretty good value for under £20.

It's alright people, I've bought it!

Won't be playing it untill I've finished Epic Mickey though.

- edit: I lied......will have a crack at it now.

One question: Am I to understand that one cannot switch between worms before battle?

As in, the four worm order is fixed?

Edited by Fused King

I'd like an answer, please.:kiss:

Er....yeah. Have you never played a worm games before? That's what makes it so strategic!

Er....yeah. Have you never played a worm games before? That's what makes it so strategic!

Didn't the old ones give you 3 seconds to change worm if you wanted to?