NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
stuwii

My Chemical Romance

Welcome to the black parade is one of my favourite albums. I cannot wait for the new album

Me too. The feeling of that knife piercing my skin as emo bliss resonates through my ears.

Joy.

Neither can I. I think they're awesome, House of Wolves and Teenagers are brilliant. They're a great band, what have they been doing? I haven't heard anything from them for ages!

Blood - My Chemical Romance

Cancer - My Chemical Romance

Cemetery Drive - My Chemical Romance

Dead! - My Chemical Romance

Demolition Lovers - My Chemical Romance

Desolation Row - My Chemical Romance

Drowning Lessons - My Chemical Romance

Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance

Headfirst For Halos - My Chemical Romance

Heaven Help Us - My Chemical Romance

I'm Not Okay (I Promise) - My Chemical Romance

It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Deathwish - My Chemical Romance

Kill All Your Friends - My Chemical Romance

Thank You For The Venom - My Chemical Romance

The End - My Chemical Romance

The Ghost Of You - My Chemical Romance

The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You - My Chemical Romance

This Is The Best Day Ever - My Chemical Romance

To The End - My Chemical Romance

Vampires Will Never Hurt You - My Chemical Romance

Welcome To The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance

Most of these are about death like....or some shit... Good god like.

Edited by mcj metroid

I confess to a like of some of their stuff. They were as far as my foray into emo ever went, and I do quite enjoy Black Parade for it's theatricality and OTT-ness. (still to the this day, though with less fervor)

Can't be bothered with the crap production of their first one, and their middle one is alright.

I think I view them through nostalgic eyes though. Considering I hate all other bands like them now.

I've never minded them. Some of their stuff is quite good.

My personal favourite:

Random trivia from Wikipedia:

The band was formed by frontman Gerard Way and drummer Matt Pelissier approximately one week after the September 11 attacks. Witnessing the planes crash into the World Trade Center influenced Way's life to the extent that he decided to start a band.

I like the fact Way is connected to comics. Apparently Umbrella Academy (the one he writes/wrote) is brill. And he's friends with Grant Morrison/Frank Quitely. They were in the audience with me when I saw them live 3 years ago. If I'd loved them as much then as I did now, I would have spent the entire concert trying to find them. Even though I have nothing to say, and would probably ruin their evening.

OMG that bald guy/the villain is Grant Morrison!!!!

My favourite man. My favourite writer.

I'm going to be sick, but laugh whilst.

Me too. The feeling of that knife piercing my skin as emo bliss resonates through my ears.

Joy.

Daily Mail reader perhaps? How about forming our own opinions :D

Anyway, first video for the first single 'Na Na Na' is now out and below for those interested (Which will probably be no one):

Have to say, I like it. Catchy. Backlash from fans has been hilarious to watch, however. Will get even better when they find out that they've done a dance/pure synth track on the new album. Kerrang! did a two part feature interview with the band talking about post Black Parade and really, it's quite remarkable they're still making music given how bad things got with that last album (the whole 'emo cult' thing started by sensationalist newspapers and ignorant people looking for something to blame and the album in general just taking on its own meaning and becoming something they didn't want it to be).

But, it seems it's all in the past for them now, along with a complete album which they ditched in favour of this new one, and it definitely seems Way has been using elements of his comic writing to create something different this time around. Another song from the album below (with a very 30 Seconds from Mars feel):

I'm actually really looking foward to it. They're definitely a band who isn't afraid of change. I like Na Na Na (not love), but I like the visual and general style they've got going on now.

AND Grant Morrison is involved. Had me at hello.

Edited by Paj!

Sign in to follow this