NEurope
Beast

Glee

I'm possibly being a little unfair. The Rachel/Finn wedding storyline is so totally uninteresting and Regionals couldn't have been more lazily played out. The rest was very good though and Dave's locker room/attempted suicide bit was very very well done. The hospital scene likewise may have brought a tear or two to my eyes

If episode of Glee was like the middle episode of Community Season 3 I would watch it.

Glee isn't self-aware enough for that, unfortunately. :sad:

I thought it was hilarious at the beginning of the Community episode when the glee club is clumsily singing their medley and the whole cafeteria is all, "not again...". That's what I imagine Glee is like without the auto-tuning and overblown dance numbers.

And the way they kept going on about regionals.

And the piano guy just sitting around waiting for people to start singing a song.

Glee isn't self-aware enough for that, unfortunately. :sad:

I thought it was hilarious at the beginning of the Community episode when the glee club is clumsily singing their medley and the whole cafeteria is all, "not again...". That's what I imagine Glee is like without the auto-tuning and overblown dance numbers.

And the way they kept going on about regionals.

And the piano guy just sitting around waiting for people to start singing a song.

Yeah you see I watched one episode of Glee because my friend told me it was totally that self aware and there is no way it is....not even close.

To be fair, it was more self-aware in season one.

Then it got popular.

It was never "totally that self-aware", though.

I watched a mid season 1 episode the other day, and not even a particularly standout one (Mattress). Still, it's amazing how the quality has nose-dived :-( Now all we get is convoluted, confused preposterous storylines, continuity issues everywhere, preachyness, 8 songs an episode and tacky guest stars aplenty (I could swear they said no more in season 3). If you're going to bring in a guest star, get April Rhodes back, someone that's actually a great character rather than just a ratings booster to centre an episode around somehow.

That's because Glee keeps hogging them.

(I'd like them more if they weren't so heavy-handed, but I guess that's Glee for you.)

I am literally only watching this now for Jeff Goldblum. He is really very, very good in this season.

What I'm annoyed about is that the story of Karofsky has been the most interesting one they've done but they keep ignoring it and making him disappear for a million episodes before we get any resolution. They do this a lot, they begin good, interesting stories, and then a few episodes later end them, without any real middle.

- Nowhere to be found for several episodes.

- Pops up at a gay bar. Seems happy.

- Disappears for several episodes.

- Tries to kill himself.

I guess now that's he's friends with Kurt, he'll probably disappear into the ether again.

At least there's been no Jesus Toast this season.

I prefer heavy handed gays.

Is there any other kind? ;)

In season 2 he was in pretty much half the episodes so it's not like his storyline hasn't been developed properly, it has. One thing's for sure, not only is he 10x the actor, but his storyline also has 10x the interest of the silly Finn/Rachel wedding saga. Anyway you missed a crucial plot development between points 2 and 4

I am literally only watching this now for Jeff Goldblum. He is really very, very good in this season.

What I'm annoyed about is that the story of Karofsky has been the most interesting one they've done but they keep ignoring it and making him disappear for a million episodes before we get any resolution. They do this a lot, they begin good, interesting stories, and then a few episodes later end them, without any real middle.

WAIT WHAT?! When did his career suddenly come to this?!

Anyway you missed a crucial plot development between points 2 and 4

Oh yeah, I guess I did. Well, maybe I would have remembered if the plotlines hadn't been so forgettable. :heh:

Glee has a nasty habit of rushing through storylines like they're a race. The only storyline that had any chance to develop was the Kurt and Karofsky storyline in season 2, and that just ended up feeling drawn out as a result.

I guess it also didn't help that the entire storyline felt like one big after school special.

You think that locker-room scene is forgettable?? (the one from last week)

Can't see how the storyline felt drawn out. Season 2 played it very well and it developed nicely. Ok the developments in the last couple of episodes came out of the blue a bit, but the groundwork had been done last season so it didn't feel so jarring.

The locker room thing was, like, six weeks ago. Excuse me for not remembering the riveting writing of Glee that long. :heh:

And season 2 didn't play anything well.

Just... bleh.

If only everyone could be as bitter and joyless as you. Must be doing something right if you're still watching a show you seem to hate

Well, there's Sam. And I like some of the music.

Mostly I've invested too much time to just give up now. You know how it is.

A bit dramatic calling someone joyless for not being impressed with what Glee has come up with.