NEurope
Daft

Your Favourite Movie Lines

:grin:

...in Japanese. :p

FIRE FIRE FIRE!

Then Keira Knightly manages to get it wrong:

FIRAAAAAAAAAA!

Annoyingly they don't have the clip in english but amuses me.

I like the line Tommy says in The Fountain,

"You pulled me through time."

"IS THAT GLASS BULLETPROOF!?"

"NO SIR!"

*BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG*

Couldn't find a video, so uploaded it meself.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Not exactly a classic line, but so so good!!

A finger pointing away to the moon

And everything this guy says!

Jive

Edited by Dog-amoto

Sunshine

"Kaneda...what do you see?"

I love everything about this scene. Kaneda's sacrifice for the mission, to ensure it stays on course. Searle asking him "What do you see?", it's quite sadistic...the man's about the die. But, that's what makes the scene so great. Especially as you can visibly see the "burns" and "scars" on Searle's face and skin due to constant exposure in the observation deck.

The Terminator

"Come with me if you want to live."

This whole scene (which starts when Arnie enters the nightclub) is my favourite ever scene from any film. It's brilliant, the way that there is minimal dialogue, until that line is uttered. It's delivered with such purpose and power...so awesome.

It's closely followed by: "Listen, and understand. That Terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear...and it absolutely will not stop. EVER. Until you are DEAD."

Cameron was really onto something with this film. I don't think he's made a better film since.

Blade Runner

I've been watching this film a few more times in the last few months. Watched it the night before last:

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave.

I've...seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire, off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-Beams glitter in the dark near the Tenhauser gate. All those...moments will be lost...in time. Like Tears..in Rain.

Time to die."

It's quite a powerful scene that seems to get more powerful the more you see it. Here's a man (well, not really), a slave who has been created for fighting. A soldier, a killing machine. Yet, there is a strong sense of nobility in his death, where he recites his own Death Sollioquy/Speech/Poem, after saving the life of the man who has been ordered to hunt him down and kill him.

You do wonder about the sorts of things that the character did see throughout his lifespan. In a way, it reminds me of the final scene from the very first Rambo film, where Sylvester Stallone's character finally shows his emotional fragility. He recounts the things that he has seen at war. I believe that both of these scenes (in Blade Runner and in Rambo) both change the complexion of the film in a way you didn't really expect up to that point.

Rambo: First Blood

I cry every single time I come to that point in the film. Especially the last line: "Sometimes I wake up and I don't know where I am. And I don't talk to anybody. Sometimes a day. Sometimes a week. Can't put it out of my mind."

I read somewhere, a while back, that something like a third of war veterans in the United States are homeless. This film does a great job of showing the horrors of coping with war once you try to return home, to normality. And it shows how hard some people find it trying to cope with the aftermath of fighting in a war. What gets me is that a lot of people seem to regard Rambo as some sort of brainless shooter-fest when it really isn't. Especially not the first film.