N-Europe

Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

Mokong

With the thread lock and a number of new threads about bands (seriously guys..McFly and teh Wanted?) I thought this place could do with some proper metal to rock out with.

I got Maidens new album last Saturday and loving it. Think it's definately better than the previous album, Matter of Life and Death, which did have a few good songs but there were a few more songs that didn't quite work I thought.

But the new one I'm loving every song so far. My fav right now...and nearing my new fav Maiden song actually, the last song on the album.

When the Wild Wind Blows

As much as I love Maiden I'm not liking this new album as much as I did A Matter of Life and Death. When the wind blows is also my favourite on the album, but other than that, there aren't that many songs that stand out. I can't say I've picked out very many memorable riffs and the lyrics are lacking a lot of inspiration which was present in AMOLAD.

Hopefully they'll announce a full UK tour soon. AMOLAD was great live :D And the set list for the Final Frontier tour looks even better than that.

Haha, sounds like the opposite to me so, like I said above I felt A Matter of Life and Death overall lacking. I saw them in Dublin on the Life and Death tour while it was still a great show (it's fraking Iron Maiden, they always put on a great show), it was mostly Life or Death songs and didn't match my expectations as compared to other Maiden gigs I've been to.

This album however, I unfortunately missed when they were in Dublin last month, hope they come back again soon cuz I can't wait to hear some of this album (especially When the Wild Wind Blows) live.

I really liked AMOLAD, I thought it brought out something quite refreshing within them. Haven't paid attention to the coming of this album, will give this song a listen now though.

I remember really enjoying their last tour, I caught them in Earl's Court. Always fantastic live.

Hmmm...Some of these tracks are sounding very samey. Obviously after 15 albums that's a given, but I think I'll try and forget about this one.

Edited by dwarf

Got to agree with that, I saw them at Earl's Court for the A Matter of Life and Death Tour and then at Twickenham for the Somewhere Back In Time Tour.

Headlining Download festival in 2003 for my first time,

then saw them on the Dance of Death tour again in 2003. Supported by Funeral for a Friend at the Cardiff Arena,

FFAF didnt get the best reception really. Despite being the 'home town band'

the first time i saw Maiden in 03, when they played Fear of the Dark, and the whole crowd was singing the intro... wow... just goosebumps. Looked at my mates who i was with, then back to the stage just in... well utter joy at what i was witnessing!

will never forget that moment.

only thing that's come close to that so far for me was when i saw Rage headline download this year, Killing in the name of obviously the encore song, and wow... one of the largest areas of crowd movement i've witnessed. Not in the same league as the feeling i had when seeing Maiden, but still another musical / gig moment that'll stick with me!