NEurope
Dante

Resistance 3

Finished this today, it's alright, nothing special. It's still miles ahead of the second game in terms of single player, but still not as good as the original.

Finished this today, it's alright, nothing special. It's still miles ahead of the second game in terms of single player, but still not as good as the original.

Yeah I just finished it. Solid enough and fun for the 7ish hours it took to finish. Enjoyed the ending. Back on with multiplayer now, I don't think this will keep me hooked as much as Killzone 3 did especially seem as also playing through infamous 2.

This would be a lot of fun if the lag wasn't so unbelievably atrocious, and it didn't have the worst spawn point respawning of any game ever. And it didn't pair up teams of 4 against 8. Combining these three things makes it not fun.

Reading the last few posts has made me come to the decision that i will wait for this until it is cheaper.

Reading the last few posts has made me come to the decision that i will wait for this until it is cheaper.

I have to agree Mike. Had some good reviews but I'm still not fully sold on this yet.

I thought Dwarf would have got this by now.....?

To clarify, the online is fucking sweet with great upgrade options and is the most fun FPS I've played (online) since Halo 3. But not without its problems.

To clarify, the online is fucking sweet with great upgrade options and is the most fun FPS I've played (online) since Halo 3. But not without its problems.

You say its sweet but it definitely has all the problems people outlined in the Playstation Discussion thread about the upgrades.There are people running around killing for fun with all manner of crazy power ups. The matchmaking doesn't seem to work at all...makes it unfair hell when I played on Saturday there was already someone on Level 37 who unless they are press has been playing the game super hardcore...I was a lowly Level 3 at the time. Still I've unlocked the first custom loadout slot so that's something I guess!

The thing is, I didn't notice the lag nearly as much in the Beta, so somehow they've made it worse. :/

The thing is, I didn't notice the lag nearly as much in the Beta, so somehow they've made it worse. :/

Was speaking with flameboy before in skype and he was saying that the online was fine on thursday but then over the weekend when loads more would have got it, it just went into a big lagfest.

Servers obviously can't cope!

Was speaking with flameboy before in skype and he was saying that the online was fine on thursday but then over the weekend when loads more would have got it, it just went into a big lagfest.

Servers obviously can't cope!

Yeah its the only reasonable answer I can give.

Another one hacked - oh dear!

From Kotaku:

Resistance Site, Forums are Down; Hacking Alleged

Visitors to MyResistance.net, the official site for the Resistance franchise of PS3 games, say the site was serving up malware yesterday. One of them alerted Insomniac Games, and now the entire site has been taken offline for maintenance.

The hacking and malware allegations could not be immediately verified with Insomniac or Sony Computer Entertainment America. The site itself is owned by Sony, with Insomniac providing moderation and content support. The studio thus is referring inquiries directly to SCEA. This morning Kotaku reached out to representatives of both; any statement the studio or Sony makes will be updated here.

This site outage comes a week after an attack and defacement of the Steam Forums that brought them down for nearly five days. Worse, Valve later said that a database containing user information, including encrypted credit card numbers, had been exposed in the attack, and advised users to monitor their credit card activity and change passwords elsewhere if it was the same as their Steam Forum login.

Finished this last night - I really enjoyed it. Loved the different weapons in the game all realy fun to play around with.

Finished this last night - I really enjoyed it. Loved the different weapons in the game all realy fun to play around with.

I'm really sorry I just remembered I never jumped on to co-op with you. Totally slipped my mind but did take me longer to finish sly cooper than I thought it would.

Anyway yeah the weapons are great and I think they made the right move in bucking the current two weapons at a time trend and brought back the weapon wheel as it really gives you license to experiment.