NEurope
Beast

Dexter

Season four. Just rewatched. In my head I was sure he eventually justified it, found a reason he wasn't. But as it turns out he didn't.

Haha, I like how your brain protects you from bad writing by making up its own resolutions to storylines. :heh:

I think something similar happened before though didn't it? Thought the guy was innocent, turns out he wasn't.

But that's not the same thing if he turned out not to be innocent in the end, is it? Unless you mean the other way around. :hmm:

I don't know, I can't remember everything that has happened on Dexter through the years. I just remember being very disappointed in how the handled that storyline.

What I meant is he has been in the situation whereby he thought he killed someone innocent but turns out he wasn't before, so maybe I got that mixed up with the S4 photographer dude as I tend to be wildly drunk 90% of the time.

The way I remember it...

*Stabby stabby*

Whoops, turns out his assistant or whoever was the real bad guy.

I BROKE THE CODE AND KILLED AN INNOCENT THIS IS THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE.

Oh well, life goes on.

But it's possible I've just forgotten something and it all made sense.

Pretty much. He got busy with the big bad, although it was mentioned again briefly in the season four finale.

"You have to give the site what you're selling before they agree to auction it."

That sure is a plot-convenient website they've got there. :blank:

So did you see that twist coming?

People all over tumblr are either saying "OMG I SAW IT COMING ALL SEASON!" and others are saying "ANYONE WHO SAYS THEY SAW IT COMING IS A LIAR" (yes, everyone shouts on tumblr).

Personally I did not see it coming but then Dexter is one of those shows I won't think about when I'm not watching as I just like to enjoy the ride!

I have not read the above post yet. Will download asap. Season has been good but obviously considerably weaker than the last few.

I don't think its been posted but Season....7 and 8 are happening, with 8 probably being the last

What.

Also, I'm really liking Debra this season.

And I'm hating the Masuka/not really Masuka's storyline. SO AWFUL.

WIN! Ha, that was awesome.

I hate it when people say "I saw x coming". What do you want, a fucking medal?

I didn't see it coming, but would like a medal anyway.

It was still awesome though.

I cringe every time Dexter refers to his "dark passenger". Does he not realize how stupid that sounds? :sad:

At least it's not a literal dark passenger in the TV show.

Also, Travis has sucked at serial killing ever since Adama did a Starbuck. Disappointing.

I won't comment on the big reveal in this episode. Live and let live, I say. :p

Hmm, I guess that counts as a comment.

Wow! Can't believe thats how they ended it. I was spending the whole season thinking about how many times Dexter came close but managed to keep him and Travis unconnected in the eyes of the police, as if Dexter gets associated with another serial killer through coincidence/accident it would just start looking fishy...actually wondered if they might use the new cop (Debras replacement) as a new Doakes, someone suspicious of Dexter. Didn't see that ending coming though...wonder how it'll all play out next time. I hear they've ordered a couple of new seasons, so obviously theres something coming yet! Potentially next season is Debra's last?

I get the feeling Dexter will say its a one off because Travis took Harrison and probably get away with it. Debra is a "good/straight" cop for the most part but last season she let him (not knowing it was him) get away with vigilante killing as her moral compass has been adjusted a bit, and the goings on of this season have certainly caused her to question how black and white things are.

Plus she luuuuuuurves him now.

In fact I think he may offer Travis' body up as a way for her to help her career. I kind of get pissed off when Dexter spites his sister so that he can get the kill.

Edited by Ashley

I liked the ending, even if I was expecting it.

I haven't really been feeling this season overall, though. I read a forum thread over on IMDb about how this season was much better than last season and that this proved the poster's theory about how the even-numbered Dexter seasons are the best ones.

Of course, that theory falls apart as soon as your realize that means he prefers season 2 over season 1. :p

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!!!

Well that finale was good.

I think all the dexter seasons are good (although 5 is probably the worst). Season 7 should be just as awesome!

Only just finished season 6 and, to quote Deb - HOLY FREAKIN' F**K!!! That was awesome.

I didn't think it would end like that, though i thought Dex was being a bit risky doing the kill there knowing that Deb would know he was there. Surely that's breaking the code?! I don't like the whole being in-love with him thing though.

Great Season overall. Two very big twists, the end episode obviously and episode 10 both blew my mind. Can't wait for season 7!

Dexter's been getting sloppier and sloppier for years.

If this had been, say, Breaking Bad, I'd say it was intentional on the writers' part, but as it stands, it's probably just narrative convenience.

I mean, you get things like...

Killing that guy on the boat, who turns out to not even be the guy he was after.

Beating a guy to death in a restroom.

Not doing enough research and accidentally killing an innocent person and then swiftly forgetting about it two episodes later.

I expect next season will just be Dexter walking around stabbing people in the police station without anyone noticing. :p

Well I think part of that is him breaking away from Harry's Code and losing his sharpness due to Harrison and other personal dramas.

I love Dexter and I do agree to an extent that it's not the usual Dexter but it's been brilliant overall. Some great twists and I think that the writers may have intended Dexter becoming a little sloppy with his killing because of things that's been happening in his life as well as Harrison and things like that. There were some parts in the show where I thought it got a tad stupid but it didn't put me off the show at all.

Just a small bump to share the joy that Yvonne Strahovski is joining the cast for season 7!

200scyd.jpg

Other people are joining too but they're not Yvonne Strahovski so who cares?

The quality of Dexter has been slipping, but it's still a big step up from Chuck.

Who said that?