NEurope
Daft

Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Sherlock-Holmes-Poster.jpg

Watched this last night. It was just awful. I got so bored I actually switched it off half an hour from the end.

2/10

...not even sure why I'm giving it 2, tbh. Maybe because it was so bad it saved me 30 minutes of my life...even though it wasted 2 hours.

Edited by Daft

was undcided on this but it wasn't like i was gonna rush out to watch it, anyway the recently aired tv series looks to be a lot better than this, i saw the first episode on sunday which was fantastic. :smile:

Yeah, Sherlock was freaking slick. This was just a step backwards. Also, RDJ's accent was rediculous.

the best thing about this film is that the poster makes RDJ look about 25.

I actually really liked it!

It hasn't got shit on the new BBC series, but it's still a jolly good Edwardian romp.

Yeah I too actually quite enjoyed this film.

I saw it for a second time on the plane a while ago and it was still a decent enough watch.

It does feel like it drags at times, but there's some nice comedy in there, can't really decide how likable Holmes is a character though, but I liked Jude Law as Watson and I thought it was a nice relationship between the two of them. There are some few good set pieces and puzzles.

Rachel McAdams is also pretty damn sexy!

I'd probably give it a 7/10.

Edited by Retro_Link

Well I really enjoyed this! Like, massively.

I went to see it at the cinema and was expecting awfulness, but was so surprised. I thought it was a little long, but the dialogue was excellent and the music I just absolutely adored. Since then I've watched it again and really enjoyed it again!

So yeah, in my opinion it's a win.

I absolutely loved it! :D Hence my new avatar and signature.

You probably love Gigli.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gigli/

Anyway I thought SH was okay. I wasn't anticipating much from it and it was indeed a silly little thing. Although I don't remember much about it, other than constantly wondering where I knew the woman from (turns out, Mean Girls).

And I think the end credits were cool.

Never seen it, but to answer your implicit question: Yes, I do enjoy a lot of films that others don't like or deem bad. :heh: