NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Buffy

buffy7.jpg

So I realised I missed a lot of the last two seasons. I'm watching it now (at work, ftmfw) and I love. Anya is awesome.

I watched most of the first part... I was thinking of getting the whole thing and watching it again.

Why has he got an eyepatch?

Anyway, this thing sort of jumped the shark a hundred times and then I stopped watching it.

While I do love Buffy I found that after season 3 it was never quite as good. I think thats also when the character of Buffy started getting more and more unlikable. She came across as very superior and even when they had her realise that later on, nothing really changed.

Angel however was the opposite. I pretty much hated him in Buffy but when he got his own show the character really grew and in the end I thought that show was better overall than Buffy.

I have the complete collection but haven't even watched an episode in years. I like it but...never watch it. May sell it in fact.

Well, I've seen parts of episodes here and there.

I watched (for the first time) the entirety of Buffy and Angel a few months ago.

I loved them, but suprisingly preferred Angel in the end. Buffy was more...homely or something. Buffy and co. reacted to threats rather than actively try and stop the big evil things like Angel and co. did. Or at least that how I perceived it.

I did love the Buffy characters, but as Happenstance said, considering I hated Angel in Buffy, I was more impressed by his show. Only faults were the the strange treatment of

Cordelia towards the end (though I loved her "return" episode

, and then the finale itself. Unsatisfying on all levels.

I love the finale of Angel, one of my favourites of any show. It just perfectly summed up what that show was all about. You cant ever beat evil but that doesnt meant you stop trying.

I found as Buffy overall gets worse the stand out episodes just get better and better. Hush, The Body, Forever, Welcome to Doublemeat Palace, Seeing Red, Once More With Feeling. Those are the episodes I will happily watch again and again - I never really watch seasons of anything again.

Oh yeah the standout episodes are absolutely brilliant. Although I cant watch The Body anymore, really gets to me that ep.

Yeah, it's brilliant. Even the episode before I think is stunning because it's a joke of an episode - with the robot girlfriend, I think. And then at the end there is this massive shock to the system when Buffy walks in on her mum. Terribly brilliant.

Apparently that robot girlfriend was originally gonna be played by Britney Spears as well.

I think my favourite Buffy episode is Graduation Day part 2, I just love the battle at the end with all the students. Hush would probably come second.

While i'm not sure i could sit through an entire season of Buffy now, i still have vivid memories of a few eps like The Body, and that one with the cheese slices which was amazing. I'd really like to watch that again.

The Body was brilllllll. (And devastating)

No music. Really long shots. Yes.

Hush was definitely one of the creepiest hours of TV I've ever seen. Those Gentlemen still give me a shiver thinking about them! Classic episode.

Damn, reading this is making me want to buy the complete box set. I've not watched Buffy since it was broadcast.

Sometimes i struggled with it though. Some episodes were a drag, and it's very, very American, which sort of got on my nerves sometimes.

Battlestar Galactica is the best TV series of all time, ever.

Fixed. I don't care if you didn't like the ending.

Stargate SG1 or Star Trek TNG are the best TV series of all time, ever.

Fixed for you

Insert TV series here is the best TV series of all time, ever.

Fixed. :P But Buffy is ACTUALLY the best...

No, seriously, BSG. Best series ever.

Please, no more BSG love unless its in its own thread so I can avoid it

Have you watched it, Happenstance??! I've never heard of anyone not liking/appreciating it.

Yeah ive watched and enjoyed it. I own most of the dvds. I just dont think as highly of it as some people.

My problem is that a lot of the fans I come across go on about it so much that it just gets annoying and they wont listen to anyone elses opinions. I know Daft wasnt being like that but I just tend to stay clear of BSG chat these days.

For any BSG fans who havent tried it, I recommend giving Stargate Universe a try. Its different to BSG but you get the same feeling from it at some points. Its a lot more character and drama based than the otehr SG shows were so I think none sci-fi fans could enjoy it.

I used to watch Buffy back in the day. Was pretty obsessed with it. May pick the lot up of DVD and start from the beginning again.

Giles is the man!

Sign in to follow this