NEurope
Dyson

StarCraft 2

It's nearly here! The sequel to the legendary RTS hits our shelves this Tuesday and I am super excited! I'm one of those who has never played the original (I know, I'm a fool..especially when you take in to account my love for RTS games!) but have always heard stories about it. I've reserved myself a copy of the special edition which looks awesome and has a copy of SC1 and the expansion on a USB stick as well as some other bits and bobs, but have yet to make up my mind if the extra £25 is worth it.

Anyone else here (besides myself and Brian Mcoy) going to be grabbing this? I need more people to zerg rush me online. :D

I will be getting it (once I have a new PC) but only for the single player and skirmish. I hated Starcraft 1 online, didnt find it fun at all.

I'll be getting it, though probably not on release day, I mostly played protoss on the beta (I used a friends beta account for a couple of days).

One of my favourite games as a kid. It was AWESOME.

I shall be getting this, I'm just not sure when :(

Even though i sucked at it, i loved the first game, mainly for it's story. Due to that, have pre-ordered the second game and cannot wait to suck all over again.

I'll get it, I'll probably avoid online for a little while though. Learnt that lesson from Warcraft III after being made to feel two foot tall after a three minute roasting. It's even worse when they say "GG". We both know it wasn't a good game, unless you mean "GG for my rating".

Haha true! "GG" aka "Nice try, but I steamrolled you in under 5 minutes, and even though the game isn't over we both know you've lost".

Never played Starcraft.. only realy looked into Starcraft 2 over the last few days and i must say im super hyped for it now!

I used to love any type of RTS

Cant wait for tuesday!!!

Well my copy is here and installing. For the moment, that is all I have to say :)

Well my copy is here and installing. For the moment, that is all I have to say :)

Mine too!

If anyone wants a guest pass just send me a PM :)

*EDIT* ShadowV7 and ShavenWolf snapped them up! have fun guys! *EDIT*

Edited by Nintenchris

Erm, has anyone got a spare EU pass please? Although I got one from Nintenchris, it's actually for the NA servers... oops... :cry: So if anyone could please spare a European pass I'd actually weep in my pants! :bouncy:

EDIT: Nvm, got it working now! :bouncy:

Edited by ShavenWolf

DAMN IT. I need a guest pass :( Anyone else got any hanging around? I need to see if my PC will run it before running out and buying it..

Erm, has anyone got a spare EU pass please? Although I got one from Nintenchris, it's actually for the NA servers... oops... :cry: So if anyone could please spare a European pass I'd actually weep in my pants! :bouncy:

DAMN IT. I need a guest pass :( Anyone else got any hanging around? I need to see if my PC will run it before running out and buying it..

Sorry guys, I would but these already have names on them. If they turn them down, then ill give em out.

I don't need one anymore, turns out my code was just slightly wrong! Downloading now... with 2 hours to go...

I don't need one anymore, turns out my code was just slightly wrong! Downloading now... with 2 hours to go...

Yeah my bad ! i was holding shift when i hit 9 so you got a (

Im in England right now so its a European code

Havent had much chance to play yet!! cant wait to start the campaign tonight!!!!

The game is alot of fun and I have only completed the first two missions. Thing is, the bit I am enjoying the most is trying to get the achievements such as completing the second mission in ten minutes on hard (I actually havent done this as you need to be very fast) and the bits in between missions where you can learn the motivations and history of the leading characters. Basically the rpg elements, and I know there is a lot more to come.

Computer runs it easily, but then it's a bit over the recommended specs. Bit surprised that, really, graphically it's the first game just with 3d graphics in that you can zoom in and out or pivot the camera around like in other RTS, but then you don't really need to so in the end its not a big deal. Gameplay is near identical but im sure the new troops will give the player new strategic options not available in the original. From the vids I have seen, it's less of a tank rush and more a patient thinking person's game.

Anyways, as for online, I am way too noob to even try that. Think I will just get comfortable with the campaign and then when some mates get the game, Ill give it a try.

Dang it, I have a US guest pass key but no EU one. Anyone wanna swap? :heh:

Question: I only have a dual core 1.6 ghz intel chip. Do you think it will be ok to run this game?

Question: I only have a dual core 1.6 ghz intel chip. Do you think it will be ok to run this game?

Hell yeah.. the box says the minimum would be a 2.6 ghz pentium IV but your rocking dual corez so you should be good.. jus make sure the rest of your specs are high enough!

Played lots of the campaign today and im loving it.. i wanna play online but im scared cos ill get destroyed!

Gonna go ahead and download the trial tonight as KKOB was kind enough to send a trial key my way! I actually have a 2.8 P4 single core - not looking forward to this :D

Bought the game today and after a few hiccups, I finally managed to start playing the game.

It's a bit laggy though, I don't know if that's because I've got a relatively low-end graphics card or because of something else.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Wheeeeeeeee! I finally got to play this today after the huge kerfuffle I had trying to install the trial and it is awesome. I've only played two campaign missions and played 3 FFA games with some friends online but I can tell I'm gonna enjoy this. The trial thing that Blizzard have done is a great idea.

And I actually won my first FFA game! I was very happy :D So far I've taken a liking to the Protoss...though I can't seem to find a quick start guide for them. If I get rushed, I'm screwed :(

Wheeeeeeeee! I finally got to play this today after the huge kerfuffle I had trying to install the trial and it is awesome. I've only played two campaign missions and played 3 FFA games with some friends online but I can tell I'm gonna enjoy this. The trial thing that Blizzard have done is a great idea.

And I actually won my first FFA game! I was very happy :D So far I've taken a liking to the Protoss...though I can't seem to find a quick start guide for them. If I get rushed, I'm screwed :(

Want to play me online? ;)