N-Europe

Predators 2

Murr

With the box office success of Predators -- both domestically and internationally -- Robert Rodriguez, who produced the film, told IGN today that a sequel is looking likely.

"[The studio] said, 'Let's do some other ones. What other story ideas do you have?'" says the filmmaker. "Because it was like, let's test out the market with this one. They really wanted it to be pretty contained, pretty scaled-back. They didn't want to put too many of the ideas into it that we could save for a second one. So we could see what the appetite was, because the bigger movie would actually be what comes following that. That kind of sets up a new storyline, new location and world, and then you can really go crazy from there."

Rodriguez says he has "an idea" of what he will do with the sequel. The next step, he says, is probably to have other writers come in and pitch different versions of his basic premise, along with new concepts. And then, as with the first Predators, he'll pick the best one. As for whether or not he would direct the sequel…

"I don't know," he laughs. "I think I have too many people wanting me to do Sin City 2 first!"

And what would the next Predators be titled? Predators 2? More Predators? Predators's?

"I don't know what it's called!" laughs Rodriguez.

Source - IGN.com

so give it another 20 years and Predator will be re-booted again

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Ugh! The first one wasn't good and I can't imagine a sequel being better...I'll still probably give it a shot but I don't think I'd like it.

DO SIN CITY 2!!! That's much more important!

Oh no. Please no. No sequel for that.

I actually didnt think it was all *that* bad for what it was (ok, the beginning was a bit too "Saw meets Cube meets Battle Royale... in the jungle" for my taste but then it lost a bit of that atmosphere as the movie progressed). But i admit i went in with very low expectations so it was fairly easy to say "oh, that was slightly entertaining...".

They had the jungle approach for the first one. They had the city approach for the second one. They had the alien jungle approach for this one. Now, know when to leave things alone.

Like Dazz said, bring on Sin City 2- waaaaay more important. :bouncy:

Maybe the next one should be set on the same hunting planet, but this time in an alien city. With an entirely different cast. And a pregnant woman. And a kid who says...WANT SOME CANDY???

...made me giggle. :laughing: