NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

I'm not saying he didn't have an effect, I was questioning the 'immense'ness as Platty put it. He didn't set the game a light, if anything the spurs come back was a complete team effort.

I agree with that. I'm so glad Defoe is back. I really don't rate Pav or Keane (at least Crouch gives us another option). Pav just couldn't hold the ball up, and time and time again gave away possession in midfield because of it. With Defoe playing, we have someone playing on the shoulder and making runs - someone with real pace. It made me laugh when he managed to win that header that led to the goal. It's a rarity!

I'm not saying he didn't have an effect, I was questioning the 'immense'ness as Platty put it. He didn't set the game a light, if anything the spurs come back was a complete team effort.

No he didn't set the game a light but the Arsenal defence couldn't handle his pace, particularly the second half. The only way you seemed to be able to stop him is to foul him, not only Arsenal but most teams week in week out have to do the same.

Somehow the end of last season and so far this season he has turned into an amazing winger. Which is incredible seen as he signed as a left back and every game he played in spurs lost.

It wasn't his best game by far but IMO everytime he got the ball and started running with it, it looked like something could happen and I just thought yesterday whilst watching the game, damn Bale you are IMMENSE, hence my comment earlier in the thread. Plus he is saving my works fantasy football team performance single handed :)

I would love to have him in the United team. As for United, comfortable win but we are still not playing at our best. Wigan down to 9 men, we should have been making a dent in the goal difference. Good to see Hernandez get on the scoresheet again. Rodellaga's tackle was ridiculous, leg breaker. After all the limelight on that kind of tackle this year, why are players still doing it??

As for Rooney, he needs to make me fall in love with him all over again. Champions league debut hatrick style.

Edited by Platty

Seen this posted as "Blackburn's new badge."

40442213.jpg

Let's just break this down for a sec.

Niqab - Arabic and Islamic

Rao family - Indian and Hindu

Lahore - In Pakistan

Apart from that, 10/10

This is becoming a nightmare week for Arsenal now, losing 2-0 to Braga. Where are the leaders on the pitch?

Some shocking officiating in that match so I've read. Unfortunately missed the second half.

Deffo penno for Arsenal, How the ref thought it was a dive is beyond me, Second braga goal was a beauty though.

Deffo penno for Arsenal, How the ref thought it was a dive is beyond me, Second braga goal was a beauty though.

The finish was something, but what were the three defenders doing around him. Poor effort.

Shame about Rangers, I mean who seriously thought they would snatch the win from Manchester United? Valencia have proved they haven't really lost that much potential in their squad than people thought they might have done, can't remember the last time a Scottish team made it to the last 16, I thought it would have been nice for the Scottish to have a last 16 candidate this year.

Don't think Rangers deserve to even get in the europa league, they play anti-football, even at home they do. hoping for one chance, Valencia were winning 4-0 meaning if they lose or draw they would be knocked out and rangers still played with one man upfront. Awful.

Can't figure out why we've loaned Ramsey out to Notts Forest, when he's only played 45 mins for the reserves. Especially since Wenger said only two weeks ago we wouldn't be loaning him. Seems completely mad.

Don't think Rangers deserve to even get in the europa league, they play anti-football, even at home they do. hoping for one chance, Valencia were winning 4-0 meaning if they lose or draw they would be knocked out and rangers still played with one man upfront. Awful.

It was interesting to see that their tactics didn't change, even when they were 1-0 down. A lot of teams would have come out and had a go at that point, but they played exactly the same throughout.

Still, they're still in Europe and from their point of view they didn't get disgraced in the Champions League. So, hmm.

I thought United played well but I would have liked to have seen more movement or pace upfront. It's games like this where we really miss Valencia, because he would have provided one cross that probably would have led to a goal. It would have taken something like that to win the game had it not been won.

Fabio looked bluddy brilliant yesterday. Really love the twins. :)

Can't figure out why we've loaned Ramsey out to Notts Forest, when he's only played 45 mins for the reserves. Especially since Wenger said only two weeks ago we wouldn't be loaning him. Seems completely mad.

Maybe the idea is to give him a few minutes at a less competitive level but with a bit more challenge than the reserves? Who knows. I was a bit shocked to see that, too.

Yay, foreign refs in Scotland this weekend, now we should hopefully get some competent refs :)

Pires is playing for Villa today. By far one of the best footballers I've had the pleasure of watching. We treated him like shit when he left, when he came back with Villareal it was a great night. But today I hope he doesn't get too much respect, we need the win.

What an unbelieveable performance yesterday. Anderson controlled that midfield and Nani was brilliant. And Berba...hahahaha. I had tears in my eyes when he scored his fifth. Just tore them apart, I couldn't believe it.

Best overall team performance so far this season. Berba's hat-trick goal has to be a contender for goal of the season so far. Great build-up.

I couldnt believe the amount of one on one chances Liverpool had today which they failed to finish off. Apart from that I thought it was a good game, pretty even.

Also what the hell was Ngog thinking raising his arms up like he did in the wall?!?!?! Id seen him do something earlier in the match and wondered what he was up to.

I couldnt believe the amount of one on one chances Liverpool had today which they failed to finish off. Apart from that I thought it was a good game, pretty even.

Also what the hell was Ngog thinking raising his arms up like he did in the wall?!?!?! Id seen him do something earlier in the match and wondered what he was up to.

I watched the game, as well. Can't believe it wasn't 3-0 before half time. Also, that chance Torres had after half time, he delayed for so long...He didn't have his shooting boots on today at all.

Edit: hahahaa, shit. United vs Liverpool in the FA Cup. I hope Berba gets another 3 past you lot.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

We really need another top quality striker, Ngog just doesnt cut it and while I do like Kuyt he does a different job than getting us goals. I dont like the fact that we rely on Torres so much for goals.

FA Cup Third Round draw.

Tie of the round obviously Man U vs Liverpool

We play York, yay!

Full draw:

Burnley v Port Vale

Coventry City v Crystal Palace

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday

Fulham v Peterborough

Doncaster Rovers v Wolves

Brighton or FC United of Manchester v Portsmouth

Huddersfield Town v Dover Athletic

Crawley Town or Swindon v Derby County

West Ham Utd v Barnsley

Reading v West Bromwich Albion

Arsenal v Leeds United

Sheffield United v Aston Villa

Leicester City v Manchester City

Bolton Wanderers v York City

Blackburn Rovers v Queens Park Rangers

Swansea City v Colchester United

Wycombe Wanderers v Hereford United or Lincoln City

Stevenage Borough v Newcastle United

Burton Albion v Middlesbrough

Millwall v Birmingham City

Southampton v Blackpool

Watford v Hartlepool United or Yeovil Town

Chelsea v Ipswich Town

Sunderland v Notts County or Bournemouth

Scunthorpe United v Everton

Manchester United v Liverpool

Hull City v Wigan Ahtletic

Stoke City v Cardiff City

Tottenham Hotspur v Charlton or Luton Town

Preston North End v Nottingham Forest

Norwich City v Droylsden or Leyton Orient

Torquay United v Carlisle United

Ties will be played on weekend of 8/9 January 2011

I can't wait. Lets hope we give the Scousers another good hiding. Up the arse.

I don't like Arsenal, but I hate Leeds more. Lets hope they give them what for as well. ;)

Great game for United on Saturday. Firing on all cylinders. Although he didn'tt score Rooney was involved in everything we did as was Nani and of course the main man Berba. Pleasure to watch.

Watch the FA Cup draw. Hilarious that Serge and Noel Gallagher were doing it. Loved it. Can't believe they firstly drew their teams against each other (Leicester and Man City) but also pulled out the United and Liverpool tie. Good stuff.

Torquay v Carlisle United sod that.......Was hoping for a homer but i'm not travelling that far for any football game. one of the last teams out, was really hoping for one of the big boys.

Does anyone know when the Champions League final tickets go on sale and the best place to get them?

I'm guessing after the last semi-final on the 4th May. Has anyone been to a final and knows the ball-park ticket prices?

Edited by Chuck

there's a ballot you have to sign up for on Uefa's site starts in March apparently

the tickets for the two teams involved only go on sale after the semi-finals, but those will be handled by the clubs themselves

wow, really didn't see Barcelona winning by that much. Sounded like they were absolutely superb. That double challenge on Messi at the end though, was a disgrace. What was Ramos thinking.

wow, really didn't see Barcelona winning by that much. Sounded like they were absolutely superb. That double challenge on Messi at the end though, was a disgrace. What was Ramos thinking.

I dislike both clubs, but if I wanted to see one team hammered it would have been Madrid to shut up Mourinho and to end their unbeaten streak. If only someone could do the same to Man United I'd much appreciate it.

Was at the Norwich v Ipswich game at the weekend, it was a quality game, good atmosphere and I won a few quid on Grant Holt scoring first.