NEurope
flameboy

I've flown the nest!

So after moving back home from uni for a couple of months which later turned to 3 years I've moved out! My dad and step mum (of 5 years) have decided to go their different ways and my dad is moving to manchester for work but is helping me out with my rent on the provision that he has a room to come and stay at on some weekends.

Frustratingly got no internet at the moment but can still bob back to my dads for now...but thats getting sorted thanks to Virgin Media on Thursday!

Kinda cool my girlfriend is gonna come and live with me for a couple of months before she moves back to Canada. Which will be nice tester for when I potentially move there in a 2012

Congrats flamey! good to hear that things are looking up for you. :)

So I'm not the only one planning to emigrate to avoid the Olympics? :p

Congrats on the new place, enjoy it :)

Congratulations Flame!!! I hope you're happy in your new home! :D

I recently made the same decision and went into the big bad world. I was lovin' for the first two months of independence, the honeymoon period so to speak, but it's getting to be a right drag. Reality is looming, bills and debt are mounting and I have nothing to show for it but a very empty flat, too much free time and no family in sight to help me out.

However, since you'll be living with your girlfriend you'll probably have an easier time of it, and I genuinely hope you do. I wouldn't wish this monotony on anyone. Good luck bud :)

Nice one flame :) I might be making the opposite move shortly, and I hope to christ's hotpants themselves I don't end up 3 years there. Uh-uh. No wai.

I recently made the same decision and went into the big bad world. I was lovin' for the first two months of independence, the honeymoon period so to speak, but it's getting to be a right drag. Reality is looming, bills and debt are mounting and I have nothing to show for it but a very empty flat, too much free time and no family in sight to help me out.

However, since you'll be living with your girlfriend you'll probably have an easier time of it, and I genuinely hope you do. I wouldn't wish this monotony on anyone. Good luck bud :)

yeah I guess I kinda have best of both worlds girlfriend around until she moves back to canada! then my dad always have his room to come back to when he is off work...so yeah should be alright.

Congrats on flying the nest, enjoy the freedom.

Edit: And have a Happy Birthday dude, enjoy the day.

Edited by Jimbob

Congrats, Flameboy! Bet it's an awesome feeling, knowing the flat is yours! I did the same, moved back "for a few months" 4 years ago and I'm still here. Won't be leaving any time soon either, got enough to do between work, college and work experience without worrying about doing laundry/house work as well. Admittedly very jealous :P

Happy Birthday btw :)

I'm hoping to move out sometime before October. Congrats to you.