N-Europe

Donate! Humble Indie Bundle

Bren

yeah went for the even split as well seems fair enough. I've donated money to childs play in the past when sarcastic gamer have done their 24 hour gaming things so thought would let the developers have a cut of the money, its a great idea they should really try and make it an annual thing.

Anyone played the late addition Samorost 2 which wasn't part of the intial bundle but got added later on? Free flash version here of 1st level:

http://www.amanita-design.net/samorost-2/

It's got enough charm and quirkness to it that I will likely try and play it some point and give it the time it mayhaps deserves.

The next day I came back to it during broad daylight and very nearly shut the game off when I got to the Office cave and heard the scratching. The final straw for me was
stealthing past the dogs.

I couldn't take it any more and I have yet to revisit it :heh:

TBH that's probably the scariest point of the game. After that you don't get as scared.

You get a pick axe and it becomes much easier to kill those mother fuckers.

Anyone played the late addition Samorost 2 which wasn't part of the intial bundle but got added later on? Free flash version here of 1st level:

http://www.amanita-design.net/samorost-2/

It's got enough charm and quirkness to it that I will likely try and play it some point and give it the time it mayhaps deserves.

I've played it. Not the greatest game in the world (and not very long either, only took me about 10 minutes) but it's worth a play through.

I didn't realise Penumbra was a horror game when I bought the pack. I started playing it at 3am in the morning and was digging it until I fell in to the cave and had to move the first shelf and knock down the barrier with the hammer. I'm claustrophobic, scare easily and don't like the dark. I looked in to the small cavern and instantly turned the game off. It wasn't a wise move starting it at that time :heh:

The next day I came back to it during broad daylight and very nearly shut the game off when I got to the Office cave and heard the scratching. The final straw for me was

stealthing past the dogs.

I couldn't take it any more and I have yet to revisit it :heh:

Lugaru was very, very odd. I only did the tutorial then started the game, beat up a rabbit on a hill then decided to explore. After 3 or 4 minutes ofrunning in one direction without encountering anything and hitting an invisible wall all I could do was raise an eyebrow. Peculiar.

Have also tried Gish and will attempt to get on better with it but the controls for jumping were tough to get to grips with, which is a shame as it seemed like quite a quirky fun little title. I have previously played and beaten World of Goo (though I had pirated it before - one of the 90%..) so I haven't reinstalled that but am glad to have given them my money. I have yet to download the other 3 titles but shall do soon.

Out of interest, what split did you decide on? I split mine evenly between developers and Childs Play as I'd not heard of the EFF. And if anyone is interested, this is how the money has gone so far:

• Aquaria: 155798.221459,
  • Penumbra: 155798.221459,
  • World of Goo: 155798.221459,
  • Gish: 155798.221459,
  • Lugaru: 155798.221459,
  • Child's Play: 176851.926439,
  • EFF: 171593.253238

That's over $325k for Charity and $155k for each developer so far. Incredible!

I hate doing it but an exception this once. Bumping this to the next page so it doesn't get lost. :heh:

I split it evenly.

Anyway,

Lugaru was very, very odd. I only did the tutorial then started the game, beat up a rabbit on a hill then decided to explore. After 3 or 4 minutes ofrunning in one direction without encountering anything and hitting an invisible wall all I could do was raise an eyebrow. Peculiar.

You have to go talk to one of the other friendly rabbits after killing the one on the hill. The game appears to consist of small levels where you have to kill a bunch of enemies, and then you go to the next level. Its not an open world game.

You have to go talk to one of the other friendly rabbits after killing the one on the hill. The game appears to consist of small levels where you have to kill a bunch of enemies, and then you go to the next level. Its not an open world game.

I found it pretty rubbish to be honest. I got to the level where you have to kill the sentries and just got bored. It needed more substance.