NEurope
Bren

Donate! Humble Indie Bundle

Couldnt find this posted anywere, but theirs a bundle of indie games, the price is as much as you want to pay! This is for charity, you can choose to donate to the charity, or the developer, or split between them!

Games are World Of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru HD, Penumbra Overture, Samorost 2

Not bad for a few dollars, dont be an ass and give $0.1, you'll go straight to hell!

http://www.wolfire.com/humble

I already have a copy of World Of Goo for the Wii, and in all honesty, I haven't heard of the others before. Are they any good? If so, I might go for this.

I already have a copy of World Of Goo for the Wii, and in all honesty, I haven't heard of the others before. Are they any good? If so, I might go for this.

Im gonna give them a try now, but you could give as little as 1$, its worth it, your getting a ton of value even for 10$

Gave it 5€, to replay WoG and to finally play Aquaria. Never felt this guilty since buying the Orange box for 10€.

PS. This was in the Pc thread, but it deserves a separate one (another proof that dumpster threads are shit).

I bought it for $10. It seemed to be the average price people were paying. For that amount its easily worth it.

I've already played through world of goo twice on the wii, but the mods are great.

Aquaria is one of the best things I've played in the last while. It reminds me tremendously of super metroid.

Gish is alright. It's an interesting platformer, but from what I've played so far, nothing we haven't seen before.

Lugaru is nothing special. But jumping around is fun to say the least. Perhaps it gets better latter on. The controls aren't great.

Penumbra overture seemed good, but I didn't play it for that long. Might look into it more when I finish aquaria. Turning the crosshair on is a must.

Edited by Emasher

Penumbra scared the crap outta me. Then again I'm crap with horror games...

what are the controls in Aquaria like? Does it need a proper mouse rather than a trackpad? Does it use dual sticks controls, because if not guess I could use my arcade stick.

Penumbra overture seemed good, but I didn't play it for that long. Might look into it more when I finish aquaria. Turning the crosshair on is a must.

You can turn the crosshair on? My god that would make killing the dogs* a hell of a lot easier.

*I've "spoilered" it just incase people haven't gotten far.

what are the controls in Aquaria like? Does it need a proper mouse rather than a trackpad? Does it use dual sticks controls, because if not guess I could use my arcade stick.

For the most part you can use the keyboard. Some things are a lot easier however if you use the mouse as well. You might get away with using a trackpad though, as all you really need is cursor movement.

You can turn the crosshair on? My god that would make killing the ____ a hell of a lot easier.

Its in the options under "Game" I believe.

Cool cheers emasher...I am gonna play my way through some of them over the weekend and perhaps review them

by the way totally random question but are you actually a canadian or have you moved there? Only reason I ask is because I as considering moving there.

I was born in Canada.

Ah right cool. My girlfriend is Canadian and goes back soon so am considering following her...

When you save and it come up with a quote, it says "screaming begings" rather than begins. I just found it funny that's all.

Woah. Penumbra is freaking awesome from the little I've played of it so far. Pretty decent graphics for an indie game and the atmosphere is thrilling...

Now I just need to find a non mac mouse to play it with. Not being able to press left and right mouse buttons simultaneously = epix fail when it comes to games.

Edited by SPAMBOT4000

Woah. Penumbra is freaking awesome from the little I've played of it so far. Pretty decent graphics for an indie game and the atmosphere is thrilling...

Now I just need to find a non mac mouse to play it with. Not being able to press left and right mouse buttons simultaneously = epix fail when it comes to games.

oh yeah my netbook trackpad mouse mate has one of those long single buttons that rocks...not sure you can press them both at once.

Just finished Penumbra.

I thought it was a really good game. Quite atmospheric (although I felt it started to become a bit stale towards the end). Not sure what's going to happen with the second episode.

Bought the pack. Seems that my computer isn't good enough for Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru HD and Penumbra Overture.

Either they tell me outright that my PC can't play it or the menus are extremely slow.

Edited by Cube

Turn down the resolution.

What are your specs just out of curiosity?

Turn down the resolution.

What are your specs just out of curiosity?

I've tried turning down the resolution as far as it will go.

My computers getting on abit now:

2GHz Processor (AMD 64 3200+)

1GB RAM

ATI Radeon X1300 (652MB)

It's good enough for Half Life to and the various Orange Box games, but that's really about it. I just wasn't expecting Indie Games to use as much as HL2.

I've tried turning down the resolution as far as it will go.

My computers getting on abit now:

2GHz Processor (AMD 64 3200+)

1GB RAM

ATI Radeon X1300 (652MB)

It's good enough for Half Life to and the various Orange Box games, but that's really about it. I just wasn't expecting Indie Games to use as much as HL2.

I'm surprised Aquaria doesn't work...I got it running on my netbook fine with the resolution turned down abit.

I'm surprised Aquaria doesn't work...I got it running on my netbook fine with the resolution turned down abit.

With that one I can't even reach the menu. The opening videos are just too laggy.

I think I'll try re-installing the video card drivers. I could get extra RAM, but I doubt it will make a big improvement because of the processor.

Still, it's worth it just for WoG.

With that one I can't even reach the menu. The opening videos are just too laggy.

I think I'll try re-installing the video card drivers. I could get extra RAM, but I doubt it will make a big improvement because of the processor.

Still, it's worth it just for WoG.

wierd...like I said I own a samsung nc10 not the most powerful computer out there and it defintely did run smooth for the 5 mins I played.

I didn't realise Penumbra was a horror game when I bought the pack. I started playing it at 3am in the morning and was digging it until I fell in to the cave and had to move the first shelf and knock down the barrier with the hammer. I'm claustrophobic, scare easily and don't like the dark. I looked in to the small cavern and instantly turned the game off. It wasn't a wise move starting it at that time :heh:

The next day I came back to it during broad daylight and very nearly shut the game off when I got to the Office cave and heard the scratching. The final straw for me was

stealthing past the dogs.

I couldn't take it any more and I have yet to revisit it :heh:

Lugaru was very, very odd. I only did the tutorial then started the game, beat up a rabbit on a hill then decided to explore. After 3 or 4 minutes ofrunning in one direction without encountering anything and hitting an invisible wall all I could do was raise an eyebrow. Peculiar.

Have also tried Gish and will attempt to get on better with it but the controls for jumping were tough to get to grips with, which is a shame as it seemed like quite a quirky fun little title. I have previously played and beaten World of Goo (though I had pirated it before - one of the 90%..) so I haven't reinstalled that but am glad to have given them my money. I have yet to download the other 3 titles but shall do soon.

Out of interest, what split did you decide on? I split mine evenly between developers and Childs Play as I'd not heard of the EFF. And if anyone is interested, this is how the money has gone so far:

• Aquaria: 155798.221459,
  • Penumbra: 155798.221459,
  • World of Goo: 155798.221459,
  • Gish: 155798.221459,
  • Lugaru: 155798.221459,
  • Child's Play: 176851.926439,
  • EFF: 171593.253238

That's over $325k for Charity and $155k for each developer so far. Incredible!