N-Europe

Do You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Sarka

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my guitar into school because I got sick to death of the guitars in the Music dept. at School having either hardly any strings or all 6 strings being completely to the point of no retune.

At lunchtime I submitted to pleas by classmates to play my guitar. So, I got it out. Played a couple of Radiohead songs (Karma Police, Fake Plastic Trees) and a couple of Foo Fighters (They only knew Monkey Wrench ffs! I played Hey, Johnny Park; Stacked Actors; Razor and Another Round and only some of them recognised it.) The guitar got passed around so other guitar players played a few tunes, including The Darkness.

As it went on a group of kids in the year below me came up and started asking stupid requests, I had dismissed an earlier group of kids by telling them I don't play any chav tunes. Anyway, they asked me to play some Slipknot tunes because, according to them: I am a Grebo, so that's my sort of music...

A - No it isn't.

B - The guitar was not in the correct tuning.

C - I don't know any Slipknot riffs anyway.

It's unfortunate the guitar wasn't the schools', because, if it was. I'd've twatted those little shits around the head with it!

Also, when I played 'Fake Plastic Trees', somebody called me miserable because they think Radiohead are a 'miserable' band!

My arse! :angry: