NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Darksiders

This was patched on the 360 yesterday and now looks much better, screen tearing is gone.

Oh?

*Goes back and puts the game in again.*

....The blue screen of shittieness is still there......:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Oh?

*Goes back and puts the game in again.*

....The blue screen of shittieness is still there......

What bluescreen is this?

Edit: Oh, it's a VGA cable thing? Alas, there was no fix mentioned for that (it's not the same issue as the screen tearing).

What bluescreen is this?

Edit: Oh, it's a VGA cable thing? Alas, there was no fix mentioned for that (it's not the same issue as the screen tearing).

Yeah I know it's the VGA cable thing, but pisses me off how every other game looks great and fine on it but just one game has to have that shit on it. I have been fiddling around with the monitor for a while trying to figure out how to change the resolution but so far it's given me bugger all

Yeah I know it's the VGA cable thing, but pisses me off how every other game looks great and fine on it but just one game has to have that shit on it. I have been fiddling around with the monitor for a while trying to figure out how to change the resolution but so far it's given me bugger all

I have VGA cable into my tv, will I get the same problem? as i'm getting the game soon

It doesn't happen to everyone, just a few. It's a gamble. When you buy it, check that you can return it if you have the issue. Or just get a component/hdmi cable.

Just picked this up as it was only a tenner... Unbelievably fun. I was mildly - MILDLY overwhelmed at the very start, but since then, I've loved it. Had a few nigglesome control issues, but on the whole it's a really fun game to play. A cross between Zelda's level design/questing/fetching and Devil May Cry's hack/slash/c-c-combooo so far, only far more forgiving.

I always like it when the move list is;

SWORD THING X

BETTER SWORD THING XX

LONGER SWORD THING XXX

SUPER DUPER SWORD THING XXXX

... yes. YES. Just hammer at the x button with the occasional B (when instructed) and I'm happy.

Playing on apocalypse mode as suggested and I have to agree (from what I remember this thread was saying 8 months ago) - it's a good balance. Starting to not be afraid of the explodey-fire dudes now I've mastered the simple joys of RBing out of the way.

ETC loving it.

I completed this about a week or so ago great game really enjoyed it and cannot wait for the sequel. Hope you enjoy the rest of the game!

I did love this. It filled a hole Twilight Princess failed to. Which is kind of strange considering Darksiders imitates a much more old school Zelda in many respects.

The whole thing was was just a lot of fun; the setting, the colour, the story, the combat/weapons, the difficulty, voice acting.

A game I thoroughly enjoyed Platnuming. I hope they don't bugger up the sequel.

Completed this a few days ago. I love a good game where you can just run into a swarm of monsters and just turn their shit inside out. My only downside towards the end with the sword hunt is that the map screens really don't help.

I've just entered what I presume is the "final dungeon", post-samael. Now that I've got what must be all-but-one power-up, I just want to know - is there a point of no return in this game, or will I be able to go on a great treasure-hunt at any point after the final boss?

I've just entered what I presume is the "final dungeon", post-samael. Now that I've got what must be all-but-one power-up, I just want to know - is there a point of no return in this game, or will I be able to go on a great treasure-hunt at any point after the final boss?

It saves before you go see Abaddon so you should be able to go back and search for more shizzle.

Yeah there's no point of no return, unless you count being in the final boss battle.

I think there is one part of the game you cannot return to,

The Garden of Eden.

I think there is one part of the game you cannot return to,

The Garden of Eden.

you return I did by mistake!

Ah, nice. I hate it when games don't let you go back to, or replay, parts.

Ah, nice. I hate it when games don't let you go back to, or replay, parts.

me to I'll never forgive Mystical Ninja on the N64 for saving right before the final boss and not letting you go back at all.

Oh, man, the game's getting properhardcorementalhard now. Entered the dark tower, or whatever it's called, and seriously considering getting outta dodge and gamefaq-ing the location of 'heart pieces', or whatever they're called.

I found the hardest bit of the game was the spider boss/level near the beginning. Afterwards I never really had a problem. I think it was a combination of getting more health bars and getting used to it.

After my whining I got through the bit I was stuck on fairly easily. A trending occurance for me with the game!

I remember the spider boss being a real dick - then I realised that just holding the left trigger to focus on it as it whizzed about made it pretty much a walk in the park. hardest bit is still the first boss.

I've just spent the better part of 3 hours running around everywhere with my Fury's Embrace, and I've found nigh-on everything - except one lifestone piece, one wrath shart and one piece of abyssmal armour. Sooo disheartening - just made a list of locations and ran back through serpent holes, checking the map on all levels quickly - but I know that there are some parts of the game, like the Overseer Artifact, where you get access to the additional levels of the map when you're very near the location.

SO YEAH. Not handed in my sword bits yet. Might have to turn to the faqs and hope it's obvious which one I've missed.

1000G!!!

Boo-to-the-ya. Came as a surprise, too! I thought for Battle Hardened I'd need everything levelled up. Was litterally SADFACED when I saw I needed 12500 for one of the things when I had 'only' earned 13k while grinding away at levelling up the weapons... so I bought all the weapon moves and HEY PRESTOO!! The last two achievements pop up.

I even started a new game in order to get a couple that I missed. Including the hour of bullshit of riding in circles (tied headphones around the pad), I did it in 27:43:49 on apocalyptic, plus a 1:22:19 file on easy which was to get teh 160 kills on the winged beast and Kill 150 Enemies With Objects - which took practically no time at all.

The grinding was made easier with music. PHEW! Broke the 30k mark with this game too!

... What next? Ah, that sad phase of getting over a game.

Sign in to follow this