NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Darksiders

Bumping...

This game is about to come out and there has been not a single post on here? quite surprised, well, I think I'll get it along with Bayonetta on thursday, who else is thinking of getting it?

It's not a review BTW. Stupid Youtube fools.

Looks the same as every other hack'n'slash to me. Might get it once it comes down in price.

Eurogamer gave it an 8 so it probably isn't terrible.

When I first saw it I thought to myself that it looks like a typical type of game, but a mate of mine has been hyping this game a lot for a while, so he is happy to see good review scores, made sure to him that he wasn't wasting his time hyping up something that looks good on paper but plays like shit.

Yeah this is the sort of game that on the surface looks like a GoW/DMC/Dante's Inferno type game.

But as the reviews state it's a grander adventure game, free roaming with dungeons and an overworld ala Zelda.

Just watched the youtube video above, looks good. Although i have not read any reviews.

If i do decide to pick this up it will prob be awhile though what with Bayonetta out this week, mass effect 2 out end of month, bioshock 2 just after. Which are all pretty big games. Not to mention all the games i got 4 xmas and my b-day across the consoles i own!

From what I hear it's more Soul Reaver than Zelda, I suppose the latter is simply an easier touchstone.

It sounds pretty good, in any case. Seems like a decent title to pick up when it inevitably starts nearing the £20 mark, given it should last between 15-20 hours and doesn't appear to offer much in terms of replayability.

Also, the 360 version has some pretty terrible screen tearing but with any luck this should be fixed within a week or so; apparently the PS3 version is fine.

apparently the PS3 version is fine.

Say WAAAAAAAAA?!?!

I like the sound of Soul Reaver likeness. Loved that game.

Also, the 360 version has some pretty terrible screen tearing but with any luck this should be fixed within a week or so; apparently the PS3 version is fine.

Lol, makes a change from the norm!

This just arrived from LoveFilm. I'm going to give it a go later after Brutal Legend which also arrived.

*Cries*

I bought the game, so fucking awesome...yet....yet...I have shit like this on my screen...

mkyt1j.jpg

Normal, everything is awesome with the cutscenes and then...

34gu109.jpg

GOD DAMN FUCKING BLUE LINE SCREENY THINGY!!! :(

Edited by killer kirby

Images aren't working.

I started this...on Armageddon difficulty for some reason. It's quite hard.

I'm stuck on one of the challenges where you have to quick kill 50 enemies in 4 minutes. I keep dying... :(

Apart from that, I'm really enjoying it.

Weird. I heard the 360 has problems that they're going to patch...maybe that'll fix it.

I'm really stuck on that stupid challenge... Those bastards with the fists come out and I die. Each hit takes off SOOOO much health.

I've started it on the hardest setting (kill some more achievments in one go), minions are pretty easy but some of the bosses can be tricky, making use of the quick dash is essential.

I'm a bit stuck on the first dungeon, can't find damn switch but boy does it bring back memories of Zelda. :love:

Yeah, it is very Zelda-ish. I'm actually enjoying the difficulty - it actually feels like an accomplishment when I do stuff.

Got any tips for the bit I'm stuck on?

Use the dash all the time, and the uppercut to get them into a juggle. If you've bought the scythe that can be handy.

So how zeldaish are we talking, looks good and am sizing up getting it, but having said that it looks more combat orientated to me.

It has that awesome feel of adventure, it's got the action of a game like GOW, but yeah it feels like Zelda with the lock on and such.

One thing I am loving about this game...so far NO QTE!!! I used to love them *looks over at RE4* But the way it's being used now is ridiculous.

This arrived today...but my ps3 still has not come back from sony. Now all i need is bayonetta to arrive on monday and I will be truly pissed.

I am loving this. I had no idea what to expect, I hadn't seen any screenshots or anything and it's just so much fun. I heartily recommend everyone play this on hard mode, it's the perfect difficulty level imo.

Yeah, it's very Zelda-ish (There's a boomerang and all). The game even goes into super-widescreen when you lock on, just like Zelda.

One thing, I wish you got more health when fighting. It's not a problem from fight to fight but it just grinds you down until you die when you go back to the last checkpoint (which are numerous and well placed, thank goodness) and you're back on full health. It's an absolutely minor quibble.

Just killed "The Jailer" boss. That was a lot of fun. I'm sure I've done the same thing to a boss in OOT.

I've been half-watching this thread...

I'm randomly considering picking this up for the PS3.

I don't have a fucking clue what it's about it just looks... interesting.

Interesting in the way Zelda OoT looked to me when I saw it in a magazine and had no idea what it was...

Oh yeah, now this really feels a lot like Zelda, just got to the first dungeon and treasure chests a plentiful as well as a MAP!!! I seem to be going slower then some of the other players, but thats ok, I am going through this at my own pace and I really am enjoying this game xD

Sign in to follow this