Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Can't access 1up.com on Wifi :s

That Guy

Ok so weirdly I can't access 1UP when i go to look at it when connected to my Belkin router.

On the weekend the latest 1UP podcast came out and it wouldn't download so checked their forum and it was a server thing. They said it was back up but still didn't work for me. Tonight it's still not working so I try to check the forum again and it wont work. I can't access the whole website.

My girlfriend checked from her network and it worked fine.

So I check my phone on wifi. Wont work. So I disconnect wifi and connect on 3G and it loads straight away.

I tried to restart my router and that hasn't fixed it at all. Anyone got any ideas of whats causing this? I wouldn't mind not accessing the website cos I don't often look at it but I always listen to the podcast and I can't get it.

Yeah it's really odd. I can try to access the site from my iPhone and it wont work, just trying to load for ages, and then I can go back to 3G and it'll immediately begin loading the page when I open safari. So I would assume it's not a problem with the website.

I have a Belkin router. I had an issue with google maps and deviantART.

On Maps the images wouldn't load as I dragged around the map. DeviantART wouldn;t load all the images on a page.

I opened up the router's hidden settings and increased some setting (maximum open tcp connections or something like that). Now all works fine.

Maybe it might do something for you.

I've been able to access everything perfectly for ages so I don't understand what's happened here. None of the Belkin hidden things will appear for me. On a Belkin N router.

I've tried Laptop/iPhone as well as trying it on Safari and Chrome. Restarting the router hasn't helped. Is it possible Orange could block a site? I've changed the DNS setting to Open DNS which made no difference. It did before when something happened at Orange and certain sites didn't load. No luck here though. I've got no issues with any other sites.

This is doing my head in! How can one website out of god knows how many stop working?

Hi there:geek:

That Guy, the exact same thing has happened to me. Ever since last Friday I haven't been able to download any podcasts from 1UP, and a few days after that I wasn't able to access the site at all.

I an also on Orange, and tried everything you mentioned too but nothing works. One thing that could be causing it is that 1UP's DNS records were updated after the server were restarted, but Orange still have the old DNS details in their server cache.

It's been more than a week now and nothing has changed, so I guess the best thing to do is for us to contact Orange with details of the website.

Hi there:geek:

That Guy, the exact same thing has happened to me. Ever since last Friday I haven't been able to download any podcasts from 1UP, and a few days after that I wasn't able to access the site at all.

I an also on Orange, and tried everything you mentioned too but nothing works. One thing that could be causing it is that 1UP's DNS records were updated after the server were restarted, but Orange still have the old DNS details in their server cache.

It's been more than a week now and nothing has changed, so I guess the best thing to do is for us to contact Orange with details of the website.

Well that's some good news then! I emailed them yesterday saying I couldn't access the site so hopefully something will get sorted soon.