N-Europe

My newly designs website

DarioG

Hey guys,

I've just launched my newly designed business website and would like to get some feedback from people on the design. I am a web designer living in York and used to be a really active member of these forums back in the c-europe days.

My site is http://www.snapshotmedia.co.uk

Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by DarioG

A crisp and modern design :) very professional. The code validates which is great, it's well built from a CSS perspective and... one moment.

Ah.

I wanted to say "and... it even looks fine in IE6!"

But it doesn't :heh:

You need an if IE6 stylesheet which swaps out your logo and menu buttons for plain images and fixes the header margins.

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers. We will eventually make it so people who use IE6 can view it, but tbh they should upgrade there browser.
Trust me I agree :heh: but unfortunately about 14% of web users still use IE6, and they're not going to come to you for a web design if they see your site all broken and stuff.

@IE6 comment look up IE7 js. Its a javascript that tunes IE6 up to work like IE7 might be easier than spending any time sorting it out. Will give it a look over in IE6 when I get into work tomorrow to see if you can pull it off. Link: http://code.google.com/p/ie7-js/

Just checked it in IE6, hurts my eyes to tell the truth. I would give IE7/8 js a try.

Edited by Ten10

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys,

I've just launched my newly designed business website and would like to get some feedback from people on the design. I am a web designer living in York and used to be a really active member of these forums back in the c-europe days.

My site is http://www.snapshotmedia.co.uk

Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance :)

I like your website, easy to navigate and looks good too!

Is it just you working in your company and the web designs?

• 1 month later...

It's a nicely designed website, and congrats on the work.

I think it just needs a few more changes to reach that 'awesome' level...

- Logo. The logo could be moved to the left to be aligned with the rest of the content on the website.

- Footer. The top margin of the footer would ideally need to be bigger (probs about 10px more), to give the footer room to breath. This would also be for the bottom of the footer.

- Header. On your homepage, you have the 'you can afford' and the 'latest work' pictures, but on the other pages you just have the white text. You could maybe perk the other pages up a bit.

Job well done, keep up the good work.

The Voodoo site is really good. I liked each site's contact page the most and your markup is also very tidy.

I don't know as much as you, but I suppose I would put the tabbed content in your About Us page into separate pages and then connect them to the tabs using AJAX, but that's just overcomplicating things.

Have you ever done anything with ASP.NET?

Edited by Pyxis

cheers for all the feedback.

Voodoo Theatre is live now and looks immense. We have a few things to do on our website but at the moment we are quite busy so these changes will have to wait.

There is currently two of us in the business and we also have a few people we can freelance out to.

We're getting 3D logo designed, very similar to this one, once we have that, we'll make a much nicer high resolution video portfolio.