NEurope
magicmilner

Wow I kinda under estimated the Wii

So heres the story I bought a Wii at launch and after a copy of the weeks I was bored of it I must admit motion controls are not as good as using a joypad so anyway my Wii has been pretty much gathering dust only coming out when I bought the occasional release (SMG, MKwii, SSBB, MP3 etc)

But this last week I was having a look around and noticed some really cheap games so I thought I would take a punt and boy I was so wrong about the Wii being a 1 trick pony I've bought

A Boy and His Blob

Wario: Shake dimension

Dragonball: Revenge of Piccolo

Madworld

Lets Tap!

Punch Out

De Blob

Zak and Wiki

Okami

Metal Slug Anthology

House of the dead: Overkill CE

Some are being kept for xmas prezzies but the ones I've played are actually really fun and have actually kept me away from playing Modern Warfare 2

So I just wanted to check with you guys who have stuck with the console what other titles are worth a look on the Wii? any Hidden or overlooked gems?

Looks to me like you've done a great job of getting most of Wii's great exclusive.

But definately give No More Heroes a go.

IMO it's one of the best games on Wii and especially with the sequel coming out next year!

And if you haven't already played it, Resi 4 Wii Edition of course!

Edited by Retro_Link

Compliment that with a few Gamecube games you may have missed. Cheap and cheerful classics, waiting for you on the shelves.

Snap up a copy of Little Kings Story and Eledees. Both these games are exclusives and top quality titles which are bound to be dirt cheap now. Oh, and get Super Smash Bros Brawl!

There's some absolutely fantastic second tier 'underground' games on the Wii that go unnoticed because of the bad press the Wii gets. You've touched on one or two there for sure - MadWorld is tremendous fun, as is Zack and Wiki and Okami etc. Overkill is absolutely fantastic - I only got that one recently myself and have been blown away. A Wii classic imho.

Have a look at Bully, No More Heroes for sure, maybe NiGHTS if you liked the old Saturn game, and also Pro Evolution Soccer , which has the most incredible control scheme. I'm also playing PES 2009 on my PC, but it's not a patch on the Wii game, though admittedly the Wii can't match the graphics of a PC. I'll take the Wii version anyday though.

I mentioned Bully, which to me is a brilliant Wii game, perfect for the system. Has a great atmosphere and sense of humour. The school and surrounding area makes a fun sandbox to play in, though it's a little slow to start. Don't let that put you off, because it picks up a lot once you unlock the gates at the front!

Lots to love on the Wii!

LITTLE KING'S STORY!!!!!!! and NO MORE HEROES!!!!!!

IT CANNOT BE STRESSED ENOUGH!!!

YES IT CAN! HERE IS MORE!

STREEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :grin:

BUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUY

:bouncy::yay::bouncy::yay::bouncy::yay:

NiGHTS! Get it! I loved every moment of it. I hadn't played the Saturn version and got it simply because I found it dirt cheap and it's become one of my favourite games!

Also, Excite Truck! Another game I randomly brought because of the cheapness yet I was blown away by how intensly fun it is! So fast paced, so crazy and really smooth!

If you haven't played the GCN games before, Metroid Prime Trilogy is a must. Otherwise, NIGHTS isn't the best, but its good for the price you'll most likely end up paying for it. I've seen it for a fiver occasionally.

If you haven't played the GCN games before, Metroid Prime Trilogy is a must. Otherwise, NIGHTS isn't the best, but its good for the price you'll most likely end up paying for it. I've seen it for a fiver occasionally.

To be fair, some parts aren't great (CHAMELEON) but other parts were just brilliant. Flying through the city was one of my favourite moments in gaming and as a series it has to be my favourite. I love the characters and the music, the whole atmosphere is so magical.