N-Europe

New iMac, Macbook and Mouse!

Nintendohnut

You've now gone down the PC route haven't you?

I've never owned a Mac. Never avoided them either though, they've just never been convenient for me to buy. Either they're too low spec, too highly priced or come available at a decent price/performance balance when i've got no money.

I was maybe a little harsh on the new MacBook though, thinking on it the price is competitive to the market. It's just the age old case of the pre-Christmas price hike :sad:

Right, well I'm on my 21.5 iMac now and it's incredibly impressive. The first thing I have to say is that the Magic mouse is absolutely fantastic. The scrolling is perfect, it feels wonderful, and the look of it is brilliant. The only tiny problem I'm having with it is the swiping sideways to navigate. But overall, it's fantastic.

Second; the screen is indescribable. The brightness is great, the viewing angle is very impressive, and everything looks so much better than my old MacBook. Very impressive.

Other than that it seems really fast (despite being the baseline model), and everything I would expect from a Mac. I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere else, but there is a magnetic part of the screen in the lower corners to which you can attach your remote if you so desire (it is like the previous iMac in that respect I think). Obviously I don't about the new remotes as they're not out (they may not even be magnetic) but the old one sticks nicely.

The sound is also great, no need for speakers except for extra volume if you need it.

Anyway, please feel free to ask any questions if I've missed things (which I certainly have) :)

Posting this on my brand new Macbook :) Got the baseline £799 one, which was recommended by the Apple guy in the shop. He said don't bother with the Pro model as there is no difference.

He then asked if I was a student which I told him no, and he then went and had a word with someone and said if you get Apple Care and the One to One tutorial thing I could have it through on student discount.

So for £813 I got my Macbook, 3 year warranty, and a year of One to One sessions at the Apple Store. Well happy with it.

The screen is amazing, far better than the last Macbook, which has been doing my head for a year and a half now with it's flickering. The sound is much better than the previous one as well. Overall this is a far better laptop than the previous one. The last one always felt a bit cheap and like it was gonna fall apart. Which it kinda did...

Is there a new remote or something for the iMacs?

I am jealous of all the new Mac buying.

Nothing better than opening an Apple product.

Such quality and love.

Although I can't say the same for the staff at the store, who called me stupid.

Is there a new remote or something for the iMacs?

I am jealous of all the new Mac buying.

Nothing better than opening an Apple product.

Such quality and love.

Although I can't say the same for the staff at the store, who called me stupid.

Lol The bloke who served me was extremely helpful, and saved me £300 :)

I'm not sure what he is getting out of telling me to buy the cheaper laptop, and giving me a student discount when I'm not a student, and have already agreed to buy the laptop.

I'm not sure what he is getting out of telling me to buy the cheaper laptop, and giving me a student discount when I'm not a student, and have already agreed to buy the laptop.

You're coming on here and telling us about it. Word of mouth about the helpful bloke in the Apple store, that's what he and Apple get out of it. I do similar things at work all the time, rather than letting a customer walk out the door content you want them to leave happy and chomping at the bit to tell others about their experience.