NEurope
sealedCollector

sealed games

Gamestop does the same stupid crap with stickers, except every once in a while they get stupider and will put the sticker beneath the plastic on the paper cover!

I can't remember which shop it is, but they've got a cool way of doing it. They have the box inside another transparent box, with the sticker attached to that. That is godly.

That is a godsend.

Tesco's put the games in plastic cases don't they and open them out at the til...? Definitely not the worst of solutions but maybe Game and the like are worried about the extra bulk reducing shelf space or something. :cry:

The stickers are annoying. I've always just peeled them off carefully and used goo-gone to get the glue off. I'm not sure if Goo-gone is available in Europe or under a different name or something though. It can sometimes take ages. Its not usually a problem with the DVD cases, but its really annoying when buying used GBA games in the cardboard boxes. I've found that the indie stores always do a good job of making sure they put the stickers on in the right place though. The big stores putting them in the plastic security cases is nice too.

Gamestop does the same stupid crap with stickers, except every once in a while they get stupider and will put the sticker beneath the plastic on the paper cover!

Haha, what the fuck? What is the point of that?! Do they get worried that customers will pull the stickers off, to replace them with other stickers to fool the staff, or something? Gah.

That is a godsend.

Tesco's put the games in plastic cases don't they and open them out at the til...? Definitely not the worst of solutions but maybe Game and the like are worried about the extra bulk reducing shelf space or something. :cry:

There is the slight problem of extra bulk, but seriously, it's a brilliant solution. Plus! it means that the game isn't grubby from the hands of customers who have held the game, oohed and ahhed at it before you buy it.

The stickers are annoying. I've always just peeled them off carefully and used goo-gone to get the glue off. I'm not sure if Goo-gone is available in Europe or under a different name or something though. It can sometimes take ages. Its not usually a problem with the DVD cases, but its really annoying when buying used GBA games in the cardboard boxes. I've found that the indie stores always do a good job of making sure they put the stickers on in the right place though. The big stores putting them in the plastic security cases is nice too.

Haha, what is this Goo-gone? Wasn't he in Episode 1: The Phantom Menace?

What's even more annoying than the stickers are the massive, ugly "95%" logos printed over lovely artworkm, like Bioshock and Batman Arkham Asylum.

Actually, Batman Arhkam Asylum confused me as it was wrapped up, then under the sealing it had what looked like two rating stickers. I peeled the first one off (it was one of those non-stick stickers..or whatever you call them) then tried to peel the second one only to find out that it was printed on the cover, but designed to look like a sticker that you could peel off.

As for the retail stickers, aren't the sticky ones mainly used on used games in order to make it less likely that you'll sell it elsewhere once you've done with it? The indie ones are the worst for stuff like that.

Although I hate GameStation. You buy it, the person behind the counter gets a lovely sealed copy of the game...and then opens it.

Although I hate GameStation. You buy it, the person behind the counter gets a lovely sealed copy of the game...and then opens it.

or, if your me, they put the wrong game in the box. bought super paper mario, walked home (30 mins) found harry potter and the goblet of fire staring back at me from inside, so i walked back (30 mins) explained what they had done and walked back home again (30 mins)

it was lucky i checked, i was staying in my student house due to a messed up birthday weekend for a friend, didnt even have my wii with me and was going home for a week later that day.