NEurope
dazzybee

Game Design Ideas.....?

Okay, this is going to be brief; but I want to propose something; ask for something; collaborate on something...

Very quickly, I work in film, pretty successful, I have a few businesses in the Blueprint brand I have created - Blueprint: Film, Blueprint: Film Foundation, Blueprint: Multimedia, Blueprint: Design; with a variety of people working for them - marketing, design, flash, animation, coders, etc etc. Anyways, I have wanted to move into GAMING. Obviously it's something I'm very passionate about; I've researched into WiiWare and Live and PC etc etc. But cost-risk ratios are not looking great; but there is one platform which is viable...something we have the personnel for and the money to finance (to a level) - the glorious i-phone. Now I'm not looking to make money or anything silly, but we can make apps for it, and games...

So, Blueprint: Game is being created, we will create a game for the i-phone.

What I am proposing is one of two things...

1. Do you have any game ideas? Lets explore some, lets develop. If this is something that interests you, then lets do this. I'm not going to lie; it's going to have to be insanely simple. But that's fine....

2. It's something much bigger within N-Europe. We REALLY do this as a site, as a partnerships. We have artists and musicians and writers and all sorts of talented people....

So I suppose, which one sounds appealing? If any?

My plan is to move into the other models for digital distribution? Investing in an already established company is another possibility; but we have 3 interactive designers who work for us; and I just feel we can really pull this off.

Thoughts?

I used to have loads of ideas. Will think hard and serious on this and get back to you.

Fot the iPhone you say. Hmmmm, I wouldn't mind unleashing my creativeness upon thee.

An addictive and simple game, I could come up with a short story.

You could make a brilliant parody of the whole stick-figure genre:laughing:

Fot the iPhone you say. Hmmmm, I wouldn't mind unleashing my creativeness upon thee.

An addictive and simple game, I could come up with a short story.

You could make a brilliant parody of the whole stick-figure genre:laughing:

Yeah, there's that ragdoll blaster game though already... something similar.

We could use flipnote studio as a way to advertise the game as well. Little animated trailer, website for the game etc etc.

Maybe we should have a template for ideas:

Title:

By:

Genre:

Description:

Visual Description

Also. Can people state what involvement they would like to be considered for - artist, design, level design, animator, writer etc etc.

EXAMPLE

Title: Bounce

By: Dazzybee

Genre: Puzzle

Description: A cannon is going to fire, and there is a person/monster you need to kill on the stage. There can be hazards and such. Time is counting down (length dependent on dificulty of level) and you have to DRAW bounce boards, at the right angle and positioning so when the cannon fires it bounces and kills the person. Levels in crease with all manner of items on the stage you have to avoid!! Death does not have to be a direct hit, the canon could knock a tower onto the man for example.

Visual Description: Very basic and crude. Possibly fun fair with an OTT bloody end to the man/monster

[FLIP=9E5134101E141EB3]141EB3_090B7B91A179E_000[/FLIP]

Edited by dazzybee
Automerged Doublepost

I decided to do (a very bad) example of my idea on flipnote studio :D

[FLIP=9E5134101E141EB3]141EB3_090B7B91A179E_000[/FLIP]

Edited by dazzybee

I developed a couple of games myself using C# in my final year there at uni and have been considering expanding them both in my spare time.. but that would lead down the XNA/XBOX Live route if that is of any interest to you :heh:

Being on a Games Design course I would have loved to have helped. But after so many years of gaming my passion has wavered and my ideas lost. Right now I can't even think of anything good enough for my course.

I'm rooting for you though. Make it a good'n.

(PS, no offence but that looks like something really rude coming out of that guys mouth)

Took me awhile to remember the name of this, but your Bounce idea was ringing a bell for me all day and I couldn't remember where from. But now I remember. Inkball!

Took me awhile to remember the name of this, but your Bounce idea was ringing a bell for me all day and I couldn't remember where from. But now I remember. Inkball!

Hmmm. Different enough :) So was this a free game then? Anywhere to play it online or does it just come with PC's? Have you played it? Was it good?

Hmmm. Different enough :) So was this a free game then? Anywhere to play it online or does it just come with PC's? Have you played it? Was it good?

I comes with Vista. Don't know if you can get it elsewhere. It's not bad, but gets boring very quickly.

If you're thinking of making a game for the iPhone I'd suggest looking into Unity. Decent development tool that comes with the tools to create for the iPhone.