NEurope
canand

Metal Gear Solid Wii: will it ever happen?

Tbh it makes perfect sense if Silicon Knights were working on it right now, they have said before they were working on a Wii title, they have knowledge of the GameCube/Wii infrastructure, they already have the engine of the first one and it would help them regain face after too human.

i only think a movie of mgs would only work if it was with a strong director... It's inevitable it will happen eventually.. someone like james cameron would work here as opposed to michael bay who would kill it.

If you look at MGS4, it's quite a bit like a Michael Bay movie. James Cameron would kick ass, and so would Spielberg. I think that with all the supernatural shiet and semiadult humor, Tarantino could do the job.

The reason why Snake was in SSBB because Hideo Kojima asked Masahiro Sakurai to added Snake into SSBM but the game was already done by then.

Snake was added into the next SSB game ie SSBB.

Hideo Kojima doesn't want to remake any of his games anymore but MGS:TS was a one of because Nintendo asked.

Hideo Kojima is far to busy with MSG:PW,MGS:R and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

If you look at MGS4, it's quite a bit like a Michael Bay movie. James Cameron would kick ass, and so would Spielberg. I think that with all the supernatural shiet and semiadult humor, Tarantino could do the job.

woulnt really agree with spielberg or tarantino..

Spielberg could suprise you but he's ... just not as good as he was.. I lost complete faith with the last indiana jones.. and tarantino.. ha just not going to happen really I would think...

well I haven't plaued mds4 so i cant really comment on it.. but just going on the first one.. I think it would make a great film..the second game would be that "bad sequel" ha

MGS2 works so well because it is a game. It just wouldn't work well as a film.

They should just get David Hater to pen it. Let him do what he wants with it.

Still want Peter Jackson to do a Zelda film.

Anyway, back onto topic. I find it weird that the Wii isn't getting a MGS game, I mean, the iPhone is for godsake. That and the fact Hideo Kojima and Miyamoto are good friends. C'mon Miyamoto, get him drunk and force him to sign you a contract for a MGS Wii!

Seeing as Nintendo can't seem to get anything released on their system I somewhat highly doubt it!

Seeing as Nintendo can't seem to get anything released on their system I somewhat highly doubt it!

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

I think he's refering to the fact that most multi-console titles don't get released on the Wii.

I think he's refering to the fact that most multi-console titles don't get released on the Wii.

It's certainly along those lines - it's more the fact that, despite being current market leader, Nintendo still seem to struggle to get major (as in AAA) titles released on their console. Even now, the big developers seem somewhat reluctant. The Playstation was an entirely new IP back in the day and that got shitloads of support from 3rd parties!

Of course, we're talking different consoles here and obviously the differences between Wii and 360 for example are quite large. Nevertheless, you'd think that seeing as creating games for Wii is less expensive than the HD competitors, developers would be swarming to it, core as well as casual.

Its all about the money hats, and Nintendo doesn't like letting go of that money.

It's sad because Peace Walker could easily be done, and done better, on the Wii. If I was Nintendo I would have told Konami to fuck off and never put Snake in Brawl.

Konami was most likely just trying to hype up MGS4 when they asked Nintendo to put Snake in Brawl. It doesn't mean anything.

He asked Nintendo to put Snake in before Melee was released as Dante said. So it was probably not MGS4 related.

This man needs to make a deal with a great film-producer!

Well, he tried. From wikipedia:

He eventually started writing short stories and began to send them to Japanese magazines but was never able to get anything published. He cites that his stories were often 400 pages long while most magazines wanted their short stories to be around 100 pages.[8] Eventually he shifted his focus to making films with his friend who had an 8mm camera.

I want to see those 8mm movies now.

I wouldn't mind a port of MGS2 and 3. I don't have a PS2.

He asked Nintendo to put Snake in before Melee was released as Dante said. So it was probably not MGS4 related.

MGS2 came out just before Melee did BTW.

With MGS: Peace Walker (PSP) and MGS Rising (PS3, 360, PC) in production I don't see them doing a Wii game. Maybe a Peace Walker-port or just straight ports of MGS2 and 3.

With MGS: Peace Walker (PSP) and MGS Rising (PS3, 360, PC) in production I don't see them doing a Wii game. Maybe a Peace Walker-port or just straight ports of MGS2 and 3.

Exactly, a compilation of 2 and 3 or a port of Peace Walker would be great though.

Exactly, a compilation of 2 and 3 or a port of Peace Walker would be great though.

Yeah that what I want to play Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 on Nintendo Wii.

I wouldn't hold your breath. PS2s are rather cheap now, if you want to play the games that badly you should just get one of those. Having them on the Wii would be nice, but there isn't really much chance of it happening.

I wouldn't hold your breath. PS2s are rather cheap now, if you want to play the games that badly you should just get one of those. Having them on the Wii would be nice, but there isn't really much chance of it happening.

I dont want to buy a PS2 I got a PS3 and PS2 Games might come on the PS Store.

One of the many advantages to owning a USA PS3, I bought the MGS collection pack when it came out, all three MGS games for £17.99 was well worth it :) however I really don't want them to needlessly port them to Wii just for the sake of 'waggle' and making a quick buck, if people who haven't played them are desperate enough then they will buy a cheap PS2 or w/e or just buy the PS2 games and play them on the PS3... MGS games at least are backwards compatible right on PAL PS3's?

*strokes NTSC PS3*