NEurope
canand

Metal Gear Solid Wii: will it ever happen?

Does anyone think that the Nintendo Wii will get a Metal Gear Solid game?

If anything a port of MGS2 or 3, but even that is unlikely. We're not going to see a new Metal Gear on the Wii.

If anything a port of MGS2 or 3, but even that is unlikely. We're not going to see a new Metal Gear on the Wii.

How long was it when they announce MGS TS for Nintendo GameCube in the Life cycle?

That doesn't really matter. Twin Snakes was just a one time thing, there's no reason to expect it to happen again.

That doesn't really matter. Twin Snakes was just a one time thing, there's no reason to expect it to happen again.

So why was snake in a Nintendo game?

Konami was most likely just trying to hype up MGS4 when they asked Nintendo to put Snake in Brawl. It doesn't mean anything.

Konami was most likely just trying to hype up MGS4 when they asked Nintendo to put Snake in Brawl. It doesn't mean anything.

So you don't think they are going to remake Metal Gear Solid 2 for Nintendo Wii.

No. I don't. I think its the most likely way a Metal Gear game would be on the Wii, but I don't think its going to happen. If you want to play it that badly, just buy a PS2 and buy the original game.

No. I don't. I think its the most likely way a Metal Gear game would be on the Wii, but I don't think its going to happen. If you want to play it that badly, just buy a PS2 and buy the original game.

I thoght Metal Gear Solid games will be on Nintendo Consoles because it was on Game boy.

I really don't understand what that has to do with anything. They made a Metal Gear game for the gameboy, but that has nothing to do with one appearing on the Wii.

I really don't understand what that has to do with anything. They made a Metal Gear game for the gameboy, but that has nothing to do with one appearing on the Wii.

So why is Konami re selling MGS 2 and 3 I so hope your wong Becuse it would be good on Nintendo Wii.

I have to agree with Emasher here. It's not very likely that that's going to happen.

Like Emasher said, Twin Snakes was a one-time-thing and Brawl was merely a cameo. Konami are free to make their games on any concole they desire, be it Playstation, PSP, Gameboy Colour, Gamecube,... It's their call, and they don't have an exclusivity with anybody. It's like Castlevania: the series had it's most success of PS, GBA and DS (the PS2-versions weren't really that bad, just not as good), yet the next game is coming to PS3 and 360. Or the best and most successful Resident Evil is ofcourse RE4: Wii Edition, yet RE5 didn't make it to Wii.

And remaking MGS2 for Wii? Doesn't sound like a very good idea, truth be told. The game hasn't aged very well, and it wouldn't take any advantage of the Wii's functionalities, unless they give the entire game a complete overhaul, which takes time, money and effort best spent making new games. Selling them again on PS2 is simple, with next to no work involved bar from reprinting the games.

So don't hold your breath for a MGS-game on Wii. Unless ofcourse Konami has a surprise lined up for us, which is unlikely as they are focusing on Peace Walker and Rising.

If you really crave a MGS-fix on Wii, track down Twin Snakes for GC.

Edited by Strange Cookie

I doubt Konami will do a remake for the Wii - The graphics can't be upgraded in the same way as MGS to TTS, the control system is very different. Perhaps if Nintendo got another second party to do it, but that's still quite unlikely.

MGS : TTS only happened because Nintendo had good ties with Konami and Silicon Knights at the time, currently though Konami are plugging shovelware on the Wii and Silicon Knights are too busy pissing about with their 'precious' Too-Human trilogy.

Also the original MGS remake was warranted at the time because it was after MGS2 came out and so they improved the PS1 graphics drastically and the gameplay quite majorly by adding in MGS 2 elements to MGS but bringing MGS/2/3 to Wii?

There really is no advantage in doing so... if people want to play them that badly, they will get them for PS2 but to play them again on the Wii would be pointless.

So what about remakeing them for PS3.

There's no need, they are only 1 generation old.

I saw "Metal Gear Solid Wii" from the forum index and it never registered with me as being out of the ordinary. Then a second later I was like... eh? Metal Gear Solid Wii?? But alas, its just speculation. I find that I prefer Splinter Cell for my spy game fix anyway. :heh:

So what about remakeing them for PS3.

You know, you may want to ask Konami and Kojima Productions. Although I would not be hopeful of getting a response. IMO, with all the work they put into each of those games, I cant see them going backwards to remake them as it really is such an effort for so many reasons.

I found it quite amusing how this started off as a two man conversation. Like a Son father sort of thing. Anyway apparently Kojima wanted to do something new for a change in terms of 360 and wii.

What i can't understand is how psp is constantly getting new metal gears.. It's not like we call for a psp wii port often but when I want one I don't get it :)

sony must have them paid off..

KOjima is always going on about loving nintendo and being bigs fans but besides twin snakes we ain't seen nothing.

I wouln't say it will NEVER happen but at this stage it seems unlikely at least in THIS generation.

Perhaps they should release like a metal gear solid trilogy like metroid did :) buttt no..

hideo-kojima.jpg

Look at him, being all relaxed and stuff.....

I consider his series one of the best ever created. I watched all the MGS 4 cutscenes, ......:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

This man needs to make a deal with a great film-producer!

Anyways, he probably enjoyes life:yay:

hideo-kojima.jpg

Look at him, being all relaxed and stuff.....

I consider his series one of the best ever created. I watched all the MGS 4 cutscenes, ......:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

This man needs to make a deal with a great film-producer!

Anyways, he probably enjoyes life:yay:

His feet look rather large for his body...I notice this because i have rather large feet...anyways. If Kojima Productions would ever make an MGS for the wii, I can only really see it being some entirely new. Wouldn't mind another of snake's miscellaneaous adventures ala the GB game(s?)

There's no need, they are only 1 generation old.

So was MGS1 when MGS:TS was released.

I think that MGS2 could be improved greatly. If you look at the combat system in MGS4, it's way improved over MGS2 and Motion Controls could improve on it even further.

And let's not forget that the Wii is supperior to all previous gen games. The Wii has an improved GC architecture, so basically skilled developers can press the Wii to its limits far more than what they did on MGS2.

And finally the game could benefit greatly from recut and shortened cut scenes.

i only think a movie of mgs would only work if it was with a strong director... It's inevitable it will happen eventually.. someone like james cameron would work here as opposed to michael bay who would kill it.