NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
stuwii

Iran

Lets face it this is really two sides going at each other that are both pretending democracy as a motive, and that clip of that girl is the sickest thing I have ever seen. But should we do anything, or do we let the aggresive ismlamic state kill itself from within.

Tbf there isn't a lot we can do... so just let them carry on killing each other I guess :/ it is sad though, all this needless violence etc, and for what? nothing... why can't they just, y'know... chiiiilllll and get on with their lives peacefully instead of destroying other peoples. :blank:

Lets face it this is really two sides going at each other that are both pretending democracy as a motive, and that clip of that girl is the sickest thing I have ever seen. But should we do anything, or do we let the aggresive ismlamic state kill itself from within.

Squeeze me?

Tbf there isn't a lot we can do... so just let them carry on killing each other I guess :/ it is sad though, all this needless violence etc, and for what? nothing... why can't they just, y'know... chiiiilllll and get on with their lives peacefully instead of destroying other peoples. :blank:

They aren't chilling because they lack basic human rights.

I've seen the clip of that girl to go to youtube main page. Its so sad we are so lucky to live in Britain in the 21st century without having to worry about this.

Of all the people to start a thread about this, the last person I expected it to be would be you. You clearly have no idea what the motives are, nor what is happening. I'd have hoped you would have found the death of a completely innocent student sickening, what were you expecting it to be?

America's current position is excellent - supportive of the protesters, but not to the degree to which the Iranian government can label the protesters as being "American-backed terrorists". The EU is being very critical, yet mature, over the situation, with Britain being criticised as "the ultimate evil" by Ayatollah Khamenei, and, instead of throwing its toys out of the pram, acted in a very civil manner, and asked the Iranian Ambassador to London to explain such a statement. The embassy then had the nerve to instead send some 2nd tier relatively minor diplomat. Russia and China are, worrying, playing the negative-diplomacy game, and instantly saying the Iranian election were fair, without, it seems, caring about anything other than splitting power away from the USA.

Going back to the "Britain is the ultimate evil" thing, if a country which is famed worldwide for being a liberal, mostly censorship-free democracy is "the ultimate evil", then I'm kind of proud to be part of such a, in the wider view of the world, noble and exemplary evil.

Edited by The fish

Iran does not have a true democracy, even if the opposition had won, with this supreme leader business.

I feel bad that people have to die, but I think the only way a country gains freedom its through its own people and not through direct intervention of an external power, so its great they're fighting for it.

Unfortunetly we are actually doing something - this said to those who replied, regardless of whether you class we as the soldiers dying out there or the government, our countries are out there trying to change the place for the better, at least thats what I keep trying to kid myself with.

Does it mean we have to solve every problem? No probably not, but we should try to help as much as we can.

Killing itself from within? Heck no, I wouldn't let all those poor families die just to wittle out all the 'evil doers' not even a small chance. But it seems we aren't really getting anywhere close to having a peaceful iran anytime soon.

Sigh, what a depressing issue.

Edited by nightwolf

They aren't chilling because they lack basic human rights.

And why do they lack basic human rights? because of the people who rule over the place? if that's the case, then they need to chill... I know it's not as simple as I'm making it out to be, it's just sad that all this violence is so unecessary and could be avoided if they would just work things out peacefully, but like fuck is that gonna happen. :/

Iran does not have a true democracy, even if the opposition had won, with this supreme leader business.

To be honest, by that definition, neither do we, strictly speaking - our head of state isn't democratically elected (nor is our upper house of Parliament).

The only true democracy is one that is free and fair. One in which opposition supports are repeatedly arrested and/or beaten for peacefully protested is neither. Nor is one where the unused/extra ballots "go missing", and then certain regions have more votes than names on the electoral register...

And why do they lack basic human rights? because of the people who rule over the place? if that's the case, then they need to chill... I know it's not as simple as I'm making it out to be, it's just sad that all this violence is so unecessary and could be avoided if they would just work things out peacefully, but like fuck is that gonna happen. :/

Umm, have you watched the news at all in the last few weeks?

They were protesting peacefully (because chilling is hard when you find your votes have nothing to do with the result), and then the pro-government militia infiltrated the protests, started trouble, and the police then "interviewed" with extreme force. When you're trying to protest in a very "chilled" way, live rounds coming in your direction makes people unwilling to "just chill".

What the? lol

The people marched in the streets peacefully in silence you don't get more chilled. They then got shot at for daring to protest an election result and the state of domestic politics in Iran. This is a country whose current regime executes minors.

I hope Iran has another revolution and becomes the beacon of progress culturally and education wise that it has the potential to be its a very modern place in so many ways.

If anyone wants to keep track of what's happening over there, this blog over at the HuffPost is my one of choice. It's a bit slow at the moment, as the author is in Washington at the Obama Press Conference, but it should pick up again later tonight. It's been on fire for the last few days.

That peaceful protest had me in shudders, to rain bullets on people just trying to be fair, they weren't even doing anything!

>.<

The people marched in the streets peacefully in silence you don't get more chilled. They then got shot at for daring to protest an election result and the state of domestic politics in Iran. This is a country whose current regime executes minors.

So clearly the people who shot the peaceful protestors need to chill then? that's what I mean, what's the harm in peaceful protesting? none... so the people who were shooting the protestors were being needlessly violent.

Unfortunetly we are actually doing something - this said to those who replied, regardless of whether you class we as the soldiers dying out there or the government, our countries are out there trying to change the place for the better, at least thats what I keep trying to kid myself with.

Does it mean we have to solve every problem? No probably not, but we should try to help as much as we can.

We, soldiers, iran, im a bit confused by this post.

It hasnt been sugested in here but theres nothing we could do in a millitray sense. We are to caught up in the two neighbouring countrys to do a great deal. Yes not so much Iraq any more. But after that the forces are seriously drained and need time to repair.

Umm, have you watched the news at all in the last few weeks?

When you're trying to protest in a very "chilled" way, live rounds coming in your direction makes people unwilling to "just chill".

Honestly I tend to switch off after the main headline says "X" killed in attack or w/e... sometimes I'll watch but most of the time it's just depressing and so I don't bother, as much as I disagree with the violence, ignorance is bliss sometimes, there is so much misery in the news so often that it gets to the point where it can be sickening to watch.

And yeah, just to reiterate, it's the people who fired on the innocent protestors that need to chill, not the protestors themselves obviously, the protestors weren't hurting anyone and therefore should not have been fired upon, it's disgraceful that they were attacked in such a manner. :(

I always wonder something.

Why is it always a bomb that does it?

Never gun fire, never a knife attack, never pelted with rocks or anything like that.

You would think they would tighten protocol for checking for bombs.

Why can't we all just make love and listen to death from above?

Question is, what is the real death toll, so easy to be covered up

I always wonder something.

Why is it always a bomb that does it?

Never gun fire, never a knife attack, never pelted with rocks or anything like that.

You would think they would tighten protocol for checking for bombs.

do you know how much man power would be needed to secure a populated area in respect for bombs. it can be done for short periods. but its not really sustainable in any part of the world. it also goes against civil libertys as everyone and eveery vehicle needs to be searched and searched again.

Question is, what is the real death toll, so easy to be covered up
What makes you say that?

do you know how much man power would be needed to secure a populated area in respect for bombs. it can be done for short periods. but its not really sustainable in any part of the world. it also goes against civil libertys as everyone and eveery vehicle needs to be searched and searched again.

How much is a human life worth? If it isnt as safe as can be made possible then we shouldnt be there in the first place.

that clip of that girl is the sickest thing I have ever seen.

i'd actually been wondering whether or not i should see this bit of film - but i know i can never UN-watch it if i do...

Why can't we all just make love and listen to death from above?

i love it so much i stole it :grin:

How much is a human life worth? If it isnt as safe as can be made possible then we shouldnt be there in the first place.

I dont understand what you mean? The uk is not there?

Sign in to follow this