NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
bencallis

5min speach

Hi

Have to do a 5 minuite speach tommorw I have decided to do it on youths getting into trouble (crime). I am looking for some good information and maybe a place where I can get some videos (of like robbing and stuff). Thanks

By any chance is this for English GCSE? I remember those days, I blagged most of them on spot and walked away with a B. Mine were never 5 minutes long.

Can't help you with the videos sorry.

By any chance is this for English GCSE? I remember those days, I blagged most of them on spot and walked away with a B. Mine were never 5 minutes long.

Can't help you with the videos sorry.

Yep , I hae speaches :( I have a stutta aswell no highly imbarasin.

aw i remember mine so well it was terrible, and i blagged it like ramar did and got 40/50 yay for me and my obnoxious confidence ;)

I remember my first speech, for some reason I was incredibly nervous. But I had a good teacher and we would end up doing discussions in the middle of lesson and it was on the spot stuff, it made me confident, accompanied with my fantastic dramatic skills.. I gained the blagging skill.

What I'm trying to say Bencallis, is just go for it, most of the people you are scared of won't give a ****. And it will just be the polite people who will give a damn and listen. And note it won't be worse than the dude who was in my class who was going to do a speech on Sipder-man but pulled out because he got embarrased. I believe he cried about it.

I hate English Oral's...

though why you're leaving it to the night before is beyond me O_o

but if you plan it too much its like readin a script, i sat the night before and made some key points and bits not to forget and thats it :heh:

I planned mine about two mins before i did it, ended up with a 2 (B)

If you're doing English GCSE, learning to spell 'speech' would be a good start.

It's a talk, not a spelling contest - no spelling is necessary. It always helps to read the thread before you set your keyboard to work.

It's a talk, not a spelling contest - no spelling is necessary. It always helps to read the thread before you let you set your keyboard to work.

very true :heh:

and you get downgraded for planning a speech too much so beware of that. I planned nothin for my speech. the subject i talked about was very well known to me, and its better picking something like that cause you feel more at ease talking about it.

It's a talk, not a spelling contest - no spelling is necessary. It always helps to read the thread before you let you set your keyboard to work.

Oh I see, English GCSE is assessed entirely on oral exams now? They don't teach spelling and grammar anymore?No wonder they say GCSEs are getting easier...

Oh I see, English GCSE is assessed entirely on oral exams now? They don't teach spelling and grammar anymore?No wonder they say GCSEs are getting easier...

Well, it would explain why there are so many retards out there nowadays.

Well, it would explain why there are so many retards out there nowadays.

Like yourself?

(15)

I remember my first speech, for some reason I was incredibly nervous. But I had a good teacher and we would end up doing discussions in the middle of lesson and it was on the spot stuff, it made me confident, accompanied with my fantastic dramatic skills.. I gained the blagging skill.

What I'm trying to say Bencallis, is just go for it, most of the people you are scared of won't give a ****. And it will just be the polite people who will give a damn and listen. And note it won't be worse than the dude who was in my class who was going to do a speech on Sipder-man but pulled out because he got embarrased. I believe he cried about it.

Yup, confidence is all you need! My talks had no planning jus tsome topic titles on 1 post0it note that I didn't use. I got a 1, onnly 2 others got that! Dunno if that translates to an A or and A*.. stupid England school system! :shakehead

Like yourself?

(15)

I would disagree on that point, you are clearly the retarded one, "arse"

I would disagree on that point, you are clearly the retarded one, "arse"

Oh, and I've helped to take this thread way off topic, but I doubt anyone cares. I was a crap in the first place.

very true :heh:

and you get downgraded for planning a speech too much so beware of that. I planned nothin for my speech. the subject i talked about was very well known to me, and its better picking something like that cause you feel more at ease talking about it.

I was going to do it on something computer related , but we have a female teacher and I dunno I know it wouldnt go down well.

I was going to do it on something computer related , but we have a female teacher and I dunno I know it wouldnt go down well.

Impress her with your knowledge of all things computery and you will be well in there.....with a good grade.

Man I freakin love English orals. Seemed so much easier and natural to me than analysing Shakespeare in 5 page essays. Just speak about a subject you know about naturally a feel comfortable with so that you can easily blag it if you forget your reaserch.

Fields, I'd just like to take this opportunity to re-state what I have already stated, that I love you and always will.

Thankyou.

Regards the coursework; do what Raining says and you'll be fine.

Ah, GCSE orals, I seem to remember them not counting for much towards your final grade. Anyway here's the Home Office website, has all kinds statistics and reports on youth crime and just crime in general so it might be usful. http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/crime1.html

Remember 5 minutes isn't that long, so try not to fit too many facts and statistics in or you'll end up missing the point. Best to have an introduction, a few choice pieces of information and statistics then a conclusion with your point of view of what this information means overall. If the worst comes to the worst you can use the time filler known as the coughing fit. Good luck and all that.

Sign in to follow this