NEurope
mcj metroid

It's my birthday

thumb_imb_pack_con_big_pack_eng_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg

Windsor – 19th June, 2009 – 2K Play is pleased to announce that It’s My Birthday! launches today, exclusively on the Wii™ system from Nintendo across Europe, Australia and New Zealand. It’s My Birthday! offers everything parents need to get the party started in a single box, including invitations, banners, colouring sheets and a special crown for the all-important birthday boy or girl!

thumb_imb_room_theme_glamour_jpg_jpgcopy_1.jpg

It’s My Birthday! provides a unique and entertaining way to host a child’s birthday celebration, offering state-of-the-art party games that can be enjoyed by up to 12 children at a time on the Wii™. By modernising classics like Pin The Tail On The Donkey, Sack Race, Musical Chairs and 19 other traditional birthday games, it’s the perfect way to host a memorable and fun birthday party – without breaking the bank. The birthday boy or girl can also choose from ten party theme rooms for an unforgettable experience, from “Pirates,” complete with sword and treasure chest, to “Princess,” with a royal castle and magical unicorn.

“It’s My Birthday! is a fantastic alternative to expensive organised events,” says Neil Ralley, General Manager, 2K International. “Providing all the fun of a traditional birthday party, it’s a great way to entertain your child and their friends without the huge expense of hiring an entertainer or booking a venue. This £19.99 game can act as the centrepiece to any child’s birthday, offering superb value during these tough economic times. Of course, it’s not just a case of sitting children in front of a screen – thanks to the unique motion-sensing capabilities of the Wii™, children will be actively taking part in digital recreations of classic party games that are brilliantly designed and hugely entertaining".

thumb_imb_room_theme_sports_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg

My opinions:(yey)

I mean I don't usually don't make threads like this..but HOW are developers allowed to get away with stuff like this on wii? It's embarassing to be a wii owner would stuff like this coming out.. I can accept carnival games and basically a lot of what comes out but i draw the line at this..

This isn't a rant about wii, well not really anyway..

Please try not to turn this into a bash wii thread like the ubisoft one.. I don't care if you bash 2k mind you But the mods might not like it :D

Ignoring the game in question(but in fairness seriously?)

My main question here is.. What happened to nintendo's quality control? Do they actually literally allow anything to be released these days? This is far worse than any ps1 or ps2 shovelware I have seen I believe..and should something be done about this and what?

I have a question in regards to the whole "Seal of Quality" issue. Whenever I saw that logo on a Nintendo game I thought It was just for combatibility reasons. I've just pulled out an old SNES game and here's what their little statement says.

"This seal is your assurance that Nintendo has reviewed this product and that it has met our standards for excellence in workmanship, reliability and entertainment value. Always look for this seal when buying games and accessories to ensure complete compatibility with your Nintendo product"

To me that statment means that the cartridge (in this case) is not going to fall apart as soon as you touch it (workmanship), the game will work in the machine for a long time (reliability) and that it will be fun (entertainment value). Now admittedly I didn't pay attention to the entertainment value bit. I was only concerned that the game wouldn't break or fall apart or was not a knock off copy. I always thought that was what the whole "Seal of Quality" thing was about.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I only cared that is was compatible 100% with the machine I played it on. Just as a side note, the game I'm looking at is Yoshi's Story which I payed.........wait for it...........$150 NZD. Jesus wept!

Am I looking at this Seal of Quality the wrong way? What are other peoples take on it here?

They used to have the "Official Seal of Quality" and the "Official Licensed Seal". Now they just have the "Official Nintendo Seal" The Seal of quality no longer exists.

I agree, I wish Nintendo would stop licensing this stuff. I was in a local department store with a games section and there wasn't a single decent title on the Wii shelf. Not one copy of Mario Galaxy, Brawl, Mario Kart, Zelda. It was all shovel-ware, every single game, no joke. In other stores, I've seen mostly shovelware with a couple good games, but honestly, you can't go to these stores for games now, you need to at least go to a dedicated electronics store, and usually a dedicated games store to find anything decent. Not licensing it doesn't make financial sense as they get royalties for it though.

I really wish people could see the good side of the Wii. Its there, and its a shame you need to look for it.

x59pit.gif

Come on, this is just plain bad, this is a step down something I can not understand.

Games out there for the Wii that give you games of bowling, Tennis and such, these games have some people say 'Why not just do it in real life?'

But this takes the cake

By modernising classics like Pin The Tail On The Donkey, Sack Race, Musical Chairs and 19 other traditional birthday games, it’s the perfect way to host a memorable and fun birthday party – without breaking the bank

It's this part that makes me fucking lol. A game that seems like they say 'Oh you can only use this once a year on someones birthday.' It's cheaper to have all those activities and have it a lot cheaper then buying this crap.

They used to have the "Official Seal of Quality" and the "Official Licensed Seal". Now they just have the "Official Nintendo Seal" The Seal of quality no longer exists.

Just looked at one of my Wii games and it has the "Original Nintendo Seal of Quality" thing on the back with a little blurb next to it saying this seal ensures complete compatibility with your system. No mention of entertainment value. However inside the instruction booklet it says exactly the same thing as my old SNES game instruction booklet said. Maybe the "Seal of Quality" is different in other areas of the world. Needsless to say I'm a tad confused about this. Help.

Just looked at one of my Wii games and it has the "Original Nintendo Seal of Quality" thing on the back with a little blurb next to it saying this seal ensures complete compatibility with your system. No mention of entertainment value. However inside the instruction booklet it says exactly the same thing as my old SNES game instruction booklet said. Maybe the "Seal of Quality" is different in other areas of the world. Needsless to say I'm a tad confused about this. Help.

just means that it works on your system but doesn't give a shit whether it's good or not.. simple.

Mums play Wii now, and so this shit will probably sell a little bit.

The simple thing is, just ignore it, they aren't forcing you to buy it after all. I know most games on the shelves are shovel ware now, I work at Morrisons and there must have been 4 or 5 fitness games in the top 10.

But atleast there are Wii games in those kinds of stores, as if I remember correctly, this far into the Gamecube's life, most general stores didn't even have Nintendo games.

The problem is some stores don't even sell non-shovelware games anymore. And also the fact that people buy stuff like this when there's 10x better software available that appeals to these people.

I certainly hope no kid gets this as their main birthday gift.

Edited by Emasher

It's a real pain to even look at the shelf for the Wii games nowadays, it's like having an overdose of Pink, blue, yellow, purple.. and rubbish. Some real game stores have almost completely removed these 'games' but the problem remains in the bigger stores (that aren't only focused on games).

As we say in Sweden:

Detta får mig att vilja döda kattungar.

Translation: This makes me want to kill kittens.

And you should know how much I love animals, especially cats.

1172491225168.jpg

Sums it up.

I'm also off to experience the lethal injection. Must be more fun than what this could turn out to be.

It's strange that someone buys these sorts of games. But, well, if it gives them joy, then should we rob them of that? This particular game isn't hurting anyone, and I don't think it'll really have an effect on other games that are being released. Put it this way: I'm not going to choose this over Grand Slam Tennis. :heh: