NEurope

Agreed. This and Catcalysm are perhaps the best things this generation. Funnily enough I did Cata's questing achievments under a week and am now kind of raid ready with afew epics too. In that time GT feels like you are scratching the surface LOL.

GT is crazy big 2 solid weeks and I have done alot of the game but not done all the unique races etc yet. Here is to the updates coming such as online events and GT anywhere. :)

Edited by Choze

Update time!

..Gran Turismo 5 receives 608MB of bodywork for v1.05.by Alexander Sliwinski on Dec 20th 2010 12:15PM

Gran Turismo 5 is ready to go back to the shop for a major 608MB, version 1.05 patch. The update includes seasonal events, upgrades for winning races and save data backups.

Gran Turismo 5 V1.05:

・Seasonal Events

[seasonal Events] have been added to the upper left side of the [GT Mode] - [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team.

In these events, all participants race under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. In Time Trials and Drift Trials, compete on the leader boards with players around the world.

・Online Dealership

An [Online Dealership] has been added to the left center of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare used cars.

You might just come across that one car you've always been looking for, that you haven't been able to find in the [used Car Dealer]

・Online Race Rewards and Experience

When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points.

Therefore if you are focused more on playing online, you'll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].

・Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races

The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage].

Here again the results from your online play will cumulate within [GT Life].

・Improved Rewards

The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011)

This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.

・Race Information Display

[Race Information Display] is now available in [start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also see this in [Race Display] in [Options]).

・Save Data Backup

You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].

・Personal BGM (Menu)

From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio], it is now possible to set the [Personal BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be accessed from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).

・Car Name Change

The official name of "Red Bull X1" has been changed to "Red Bull X2010".

・Integration with the Website

The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the "gran-turismo.com" official website.

[important Note:]

* We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was here before the update has been reset.

* Some contents of the update will not be applied unless you sign in to the PlayStation®Network when you play the game.

Was just about to post that! :heh:

Sounds like a great update, happy with the changes. :)

The size of that update (in MB) is just unholy. Being stuck with a 45kByte/s connection in this village... At least they really care. ^^

I'm not far in and only getting to play every couple of days means this is probably a never ending story for me. Yet somehow I wish they'd do themed add-ons / DLCs.

Probably my favorite NFS game was NFS:Porsche. I can't help but think that a Porsche themed add-on for GT5 would be a great.

Is there actually any official information from Sony/PD why there never were Porsches in GT?

Some thoughts on the game so far:

Rally is shit. Snow is OK, but gravel is awful. It's just so slow and boring. Where is the mad slides like you see in the real WRC?

Lamborghinis are ace, but tend to try and spin a lot when braking. They're easy enough to control with a bit of practice though. Love seeing how much I can get them to slide when braking! So far I've driven the Murcielago and the Countach. Both ace.

Truck racing is more fun than I expected. Finding one for the sake of one series (so far) seems a bit much though. Good job there is the online dealer now (I got mine from the normal dealership a few hours before the online dealership came out. Balls).

Do people with the wheel use the stick or the buttons to shift? The buttons feel nothing like paddles to me (too small and "heavy"), so I've started using the stick. Actually preferring it so far.

I've been using the gamepad so far. Not sure if I'll get a wheel eventually.

My general button layout looks like this:

Steering: left stick

Shifting: right Stick

Accelerate: R2

Break: L2

It's the first time in a racing game that I've started shifting manually and I'm quite comfortable with this layout.

Took some more "photos" today.

Current toy, the Ferrari 458:

Kyoto-Gion_1.jpg

Kyoto-Gion.jpg

Mazda RX7. Haven't done this one up, but I used to own one in this colour so I took a photo for nostalgias sake:

Kyoto-Gion_3.jpg

Kubelwagen, because they're awesome:

Toscana.jpg

Toscana_1.jpg

Toscana_2.jpg

Regarding Porsches in GT5; EA are the only ones who have the licence, i believe.

How comes Forza has them? Does Microsoft have a deal with EA?

It just seems weird, that GT continues to have no models from a sports car manufacturer of that size. It seems unlikely that they wouldn't want to include them, so there are probably licensing issues or somehow negotiations went very wrong. Without any real explanation from Sony/PD it it's a bit strange.

Edited by Burny

Finally hit A-Spec Level 25 few days ago! Will most likely do the first endurance race tonight. I'd rather it be an actual race rather than do it in a 700BHP Ferrari, so i'll play around with a few cars and see how their lap times compare, and pick one then.

Just finished it, was actually quite good. Used my Evo 9, which was way too fast, I thought it'd be closer. Finished in 2hrs4mins. The prize money sucks, but you get 113674 Exp. which is ok i suppose. I enjoyed my first endurance race though :)

GT anywhere now active in new patch. Huge list of changes and updates. Uncluding faster loading (in menus) and GT anywhere now live.

We can now have our remote driver play each other for rewards and cash.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-v1-06-available-now-full-details/

Oh and a 5 screen multi screen mode added.

The latest version of GT5, v1.06, became available early this morning, and it’s a big one. As promised, remote B-Spec racing (“GT Anywhere“), the game save file bug, and corner-cutting and collision detection algorithms have all been addressed. Notably, the update also introduces “multi-monitor” support, allowing you to play the game using three different screens! Here’s all the details via the official announcement:

[Major Changes and New Features]

・Remote Racing

[Remote Races] have been added to the bottom left of the [GT Mode] – [Community] screen.

Here you can start a fully automated B-Spec race using yours and your friends’ “My Drivers”, and gain rewards and experience from it.

For details please see section 8-4 [Remote Races] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu, and also the new “Remote Race” page on gran-tursimo.com, under the GT5 product information section.

・Remote Racing from a Web Browser

In [Remote Races], you can visit the official “gran-turismo.com” website using a web browser, and remotely control your PS3® at home. You can start races, monitor its progress and check results from the website. This is a new playing style allowing you to play Gran Turismo anywhere.

Sign in from the [GT5 My Home] button on the upper right corner of the website to get started.

・Using the Course Maker in Online Races

You can now use one of the “My Courses” created in [Course Maker] for your online races (in Open Lobby, My Lounge), or select themes and generate courses on the spot. (Please note you’ll only be able to use My Courses created after this update).

・Introduction of Performance Points in Online Races

We’ve now introduced Performance Points (PP), a numerical index of a car’s performance for online races. You can set PP restrictions in the online race regulations (in Open Lobby, My Lounge) to limit participating cars.

For details, see 6 -15 [Performance Points] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.

・Increased Rewards and Experience Online

The amount of rewards and experience gained from online racing (in Open Lobby, My Lounge) have been increased.

・More Event Settings in Online Races

[Auto Race Start Cycle] and [Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption] have been added to the event settings for online races (in Open Lobby, My Lounge).

・More Penalties for Special Events

Penalties for improper driving such as driving off course and hitting walls have been increased for the [special Events] under [GT Mode] – [GT Life].

・Event Rewards and Experience Adjusted

The rewards and experience gained in [License] and [special Events] in [GT Mode] – [GT Life] have been adjusted. Experience for A-Spec and B-Spec events have been increased, while rewards have been reduced back down to levels seen before the 1.05 update.

・Car Loan in Events

In A-Spec, B-Spec and [special Events] in [GT Mode] – [GT Life], you can now borrow cars that your Friends have set to share with friends.

For details see 6-16 [borrowing and Lending Cars] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.

・More Car Settings

Gear ratio adjustment, power limiters, and weight adjustment have been added to the settings. For details see [18. Settings Guide] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.

・Multi-Monitor Feature

From [Options] – [Hardware] – [Multi-Monitor], you can now access the multi-monitor display settings using multiple PS3™ systems.

You can now enjoy Gran Turismo 5 in a wide display environment combining multiple PS3™ systems and TV’s/monitors.

For details please see the support section on gran-turismo.com.

[Changes and Additions to Gameplay]

- It is now possible to replay and save [2P Battle] races.

- [Controller Steering Sensitivity] has been added to [Driving Options].

- [Corner Bank Angle] has been added to the section settings in [Course Maker].

- In A-Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.

- In replays, B Spec and while watching races, you can now change viewing targets directly from the screen without having to use a separate window list.

- Personal BGM can now be used when voice chat is disabled in a [Lounge].

- Cars in your garage that are not registered as ‘Favorites’ can now be used in a [Lounge].

- When tire restriction is enabled in a Lounge regulation, only cars with tires that qualify will be displayed in the garage.

- Driver and car display selections during races will be saved.

- Karts now have [Quick Menu] settings.

- You can now select multiple items in some important menu screens, such as when registering your favorite cars in your [Garage].

[AI Adjustment]

- Race choreography and opponent car AI controls for licence tests and A Spec events have been adjusted.

- Opponent car AI controls during B Spec races have been improved.

- The evasive maneuver of opponent cars when a players car blocks the track has been improved.

[Correction of Issues]

- Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain points unfairly in drift trials.

- Corrected an issue where it was not possible to view the 4th sector in the live monitor.

-Corrected an issue where the sound effects would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit.

- Corrected an issue where the save data becomes unable to load when exceeding a certain file size.

[Other Changes]

- A searchable item called [Race Type] has been added for room creation in the [Open Lobby].

- The lap times for the [X Challenge] in [special Events] have been adjusted.

- Game save speed has been optimized.

- The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.

- Car demo backdrops during an [Auto Demo] is now displayed randomly in 4 types (Morning/Day/Night/White) as is in the [Dealership].

- The “S-AWC” integrated four wheel drive system of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been adjusted.

- The [Force Feedback Strength] of the Thrustmaster T500RS can now be adjusted across a wider range.

Edited by Choze

Now thats a nice free update.

GT5 Functionality Update

6214248444_3b349166ec.jpg

Hello Gran Turismo fans,

When Gran Turismo 5 launched almost a year ago now, Kazunori Yamauchi, the game’s creator, promised fans clutching their copies of the Real Driving Simulator, that the launch of the eagerly awaited title was not the end of the journey for the game but the start.

True to that statement, since GT5 launched Yamauchi-san and the Polyphony team have been closely monitoring the feedback of the dedicated and discerning GT5 community. As a result of this, we have seen significant support for GT5 in the form of regular functionality updates.

Today, I am very pleased to announce details of Functionality Update 2.0 which is the most sizable since the game launched. The update will be available for download on the 11th October. Of course the real bonus of all of this new content is the fact that it’s all absolutely free!

Here’s the rundown on what you can expect to see in the update.

Firstly all ‘standard’ cars will now feature an interior view, the level of detail will vary from car to car, but now for the first time you will be able to literally get behind the wheel of all the cars in the game.

6214248190_2f69ca9a66.jpg

Next is the great news that players can now save their progress during endurance races and return to the fray at a time of their own choosing.

For fans of the stateside motoring championship NASCAR, there is a package of 11 NASCAR 2011 cars. There has also been improvement to the weather settings in the game and now players can incrementally adjust weather settings for race start and race end.

6213734417_2403b3d63a.jpg

Additional features of this update are:

Photo Travel Mode updates

Shortening of load times and improved menu response

Improved car physics simulation, further evolved A.I.

Improved and enhanced user interface

Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheels

New features in the Online Lounge

This is what series creator Kazunori Yamauchi had to say about the new content.

6214248500_cb998224e4.jpg

The coming Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2 update is an update that contains the feedback from the users playing GT5 online every day. We have added cars such as the newest NASCAR race cars, but many of the updates are those that improve usability and expand the field of game play. I believed from the initial release of Gran Turismo 5 that it would be the users that would make the game grow thereafter, and we added things like interior views for the standard models because there was a lot of request for it from our users. You could say that this update is the shape and form of GT5 that was created through the opinions of our fans.

6214248120_978c18294e.jpg

As if this massive update was not enough, I can also advise you of more great news – very shortly we will be sharing with you details of a forthcoming package of exciting DLC for GT5 that will include new vehicles and tracks plus a host of other additional new content. The news will be incoming to PlayStation Blog and gran-turismo.com very soon so keep your ear to the ground.

Woot woot! Spec 2 is free!

DLC for new cars and tracks. Looks great! :D

Spec II is now UP. :yay:

Capture.jpg

Bonus event up. FREE Red Bull 2010 for everyone as Sebastian Vettel won the F1 World Championship. You have to log in this week to get the car. Also an easy 5 million credits for getting gold on the new time trial online event(my rank is around 1,000,000 and sinking :p) .

6231634723_2cc933935c_b.jpg

edit: for a really good overview with pics go to http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt5/spec2/'>http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt5/spec2/

with http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/

LOADS of improvements. Loading times are now very fast (halved, faster than most arcade racers now), some new free cars, better online mode, lots of tweaks. etc. Extensive enough to fill 3 full N-E posts so i wont bother listing them all :p

New intro is godly. Has to be downloaded via GT-TV. 500mb download. No more shitty boy band music!

This should prevent me from having BF3 withdrawl. Right on time!

Online now has quick car filter for events options: lounge01a.jpg

DLC:

DLC will include SPA and a new indoor Kart amusement area for tracks(with several variations). White Stig costume, Black Stig etc. Plus users will get additional discount besides pack discount.

Awesomeness condensed.

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/

DLC (just afew cant be arsed to link all):

White Stig and Black Stig suits.

JJ38z.jpg

gt_mets10.jpg

New Subaru Touring Car:

CvvR7.jpg

New Kart area:

0x7uk.jpg

Spa(Weather Enabled):

mWHLn.jpg

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

Thanks Tegg/Choze. Actually made me glad a I bought the game as I had only turned it on once or twice since getting it.

Anyways, my mum caught me playing this and I sorta convinced her she can learn driving from it...truth or pure fiction? Need to know as if it's truth, I maybe able to convince her to help me get a steering wheel so she can attempt to learn! (And I can enjoy the game even more!).

Oh and I am sorta back. yay :D

The new intro. It has to be downloaded in GT TV. Will replace the original intro at boot up. The original will still be in GT TV.

and make sure you grab the new GTR. Its 500k. There are 2011 Nascars also at the same price.

Its perhaps best to do the X2010 online event once you get your 200% credits and exp bonus after 5 days of consecutive login.

Loving the Spec 2 update. The loading times are like 2-3 sec into races now. Cars load in the background but you can tweak your setup and save 3 additional setups. This is just what i needed after BF3 withdrawl.

Thanks Tegg/Choze. Actually made me glad a I bought the game as I had only turned it on once or twice since getting it.

Anyways, my mum caught me playing this and I sorta convinced her she can learn driving from it...truth or pure fiction? Need to know as if it's truth, I maybe able to convince her to help me get a steering wheel so she can attempt to learn! (And I can enjoy the game even more!).

Oh and I am sorta back. yay :D

Good to have you back dude. :) GT5 is very good for the technical aspects of taking to the tracks, maintaining grip at high speeds, tackling tricky S bends, enjoying cars etc. It has also produced very successful championship winning drivers. For on road driving which most of us do, your safety would be a priority. GT5 does not do safety and actual city roads are a different animal. :p

I am thinking of setting up a racing league or something. We can have prizes such as winner gets a Lamborghini 640 SV.

Was playing online last night and it was fun karting on tracks like London or Madrid! The DLC pack will introduce a faster and slower beginner kart category alongside the new track/area.

I am also looking to swap museum cards with someone. I have tons of extra cards to give away.

SPA DLC:

ibwYS2mOGAHnrp.gif

Put your drivers online as I am running B-spec Remote races. :D If you dont you will miss out on easy credits and xp.

Red Bull X2010 giveaway ends Tommorow afternoon as does the event.

DLC is up! :santa:

New tracks and cars are awesome. No new events with these tracks but I imagine they will be updated next week.

Took several pics already. Got pics of DeathJamms low level driver winning against level 30+'s... :o

I should reach 600 cars tonight. Almost level 40 B-Spec thanks to remote racing. Thanks guys for racing my drivers.

I'll dress up as Black Stig in a bit.

6256646983_3d50d2e997_b_d.jpg

Edited by Choze

DLC is up! :santa:

New tracks and cars are awesome. No new events with these tracks but I imagine they will be updated next week.

Took several pics already. Got pics of DeathJamms low level driver winning against level 30+'s... :o

I should reach 600 cars tonight. Almost level 40 B-Spec thanks to remote racing. Thanks guys for racing my drivers.

I'll dress up as Black Stig in a bit.

6256646983_3d50d2e997_b_d.jpg

HAHA really?! That's awesome. He's a little gem he is. Thanks for racing him.

Kaznouri Yamauchi tweeted a real life GTR on Nurburgring VS GT5:

Its pre 2.0. Would be nice if someone did one with SPA.

HAHA really?! That's awesome. He's a little gem he is. Thanks for racing him.

No probs. I am racing loads of racers. :grin: I am guessing he will have gone up afew levels upon collecting. See if you can add another. More drivers = more xp and credits. I have been at level 40 for ages but the extra credits dont hurt so if anyone wants their drivers remote raced by me just make them active.

SPA and assorted piccies:

Circuit%252520de%252520Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

Ahrweiler%252520-%252520Town%252520Square.jpg

Lighting around the Camaro lights are insane

London.jpg

London.jpg

Kyoto%252520-%252520Gion.jpg

Edited by Choze

Just heads up. New Drift and Time Trial events with leaderboards. Each event will earn you 1 million credits, up to 4 million total. This is in addition to the B-Spec Seasonal last week.

evo-eiger.jpg

XH3yH.jpg

One of the time trials is an Eiger Nordwand Rally course :) Very very easy gold imo.

I love how the game keeps growing. Its shame they didnt do these type of events earlier as they add so much to the game. Rally deserves more!

Edited by Choze

Another mention of GT6 but also DLC every two months for GT5.

http://www.gtplanet.net/new-gran-turismo-5-dlc-approximately-every-two-months/

Almost makes it sound like its for PS3 rather than PS4. I think its a shame they didnt redo parts of A spec categories as it misses like half of the tracks from the game. But I guess thats what the seasonals are for. I just wish they did more of the stuff they included in the game but only used sparingly(or not at all) in the main GT mode.

The new seasonals this week are classic japanese cars. http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt5/event/d37644.html

Edited by Choze

A heads up: http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d37942.html

Receive a free Nissan GT-R Spec V (GT Academy Special) in your garage! Simply take part in the latest GTR time trial via Seasonal events and get ranked on the leaderboards.

capture45k.jpg

For those of you who didnt get it last time here is another chance. Its the first time for most countries as not every place had a GT academy.

The new time trial and drift events will earn you a million credits each using the 200% bonus as usual.

MadDog and Deathjam might also want to check their Bspec drivers winnings :p