NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Wow, talk about out of the blue! Wasn't expecting anything about this game until E3!

Just watched the second trailer, looks amazing. I don't particularly care about Yoshi personally, as I think he works in 2D Marios a lot more than 3D ones, but everything else looks fantastic.

I really loved the music that's been in both trailers. What's the likelihood that it will be the game's main theme, and used as one of the galaxy's music? It's the only orchestrated music we've heard so far anyway.

I'm not liking the "World 2" graphic though. Doesn't look very promising if it's linear like that. How many worlds are there? Is a world the same as a galaxy? Or is a world similar to an observatory from Galaxy 1? What about the storytelling? The look and feel of the hub world, and how you discovered new galaxies was fantastic in the first game, hopefully it'll be just as good in the sequel.

Love the new title graphic, very nice.

Can't believe it's coming out so soon though. Looks like we may yet see Zelda Wii around xmas time!

EDIT: Just seen a pic, looks like the Lumas are back, great news.

Edited by Ronnie

Shot 3 looks PS3-ish in it's graphical fidelity.

I wouldn't go that far, but it certainly looks better than anything else we've seen on the Wii so far.

Needless to say, with the new trailer, I'm that much more hyped for this.

Edited by Emasher

Wow, talk about out of the blue! Wasn't expecting anything about this game until E3!

Just watched the second trailer, looks amazing. I don't particularly care about Yoshi personally, as I think he works in 2D Marios a lot more than 3D ones, but everything else looks fantastic.

I really loved the music that's been in both trailers. What's the likelihood that it will be the game's main theme, and used as one of the galaxy's music? It's the only orchestrated music we've heard so far anyway.

I'm not liking the "World 2" graphic though. Doesn't look very promising if it's linear like that. How many worlds are there? Is a world the same as a galaxy? Or is a world similar to an observatory from Galaxy 1? What about the storytelling? The look and feel of the hub world, and how you discovered new galaxies was fantastic in the first game, hopefully it'll be just as good in the sequel.

Love the new title graphic, very nice.

Can't believe it's coming out so soon though. Looks like we may yet see Zelda Wii around xmas time!

EDIT: Just seen a pic, looks like the Lumas are back, great news.

I believe a "World" is the equivilant to an Observatory. However, I don't see how it is any more linear than the first game, it just seems to lack a Hub world

Excellent new shots there, always mouth watering. Here is hoping it is better than the first, which will be hard. But only Ninty could possibly do it.

If NGamer saw the bit with the Speedy Yoshi beforehand somehow, you can understand their gag about Sonic being in it

Absolutely stunning! Gotta love the sheer joy this thing exudes. Mature gamers beware ;)

Lovely theme. And doesn't it benefit from a real orchestral recording! The brass sound a little synthetic, as though they've been given a 'helping hand' (like in certain tracks from Crystal Bearers), but this might just be the trailer mix. All we need now is a truly symphonic score for Zelda (+ string quartet for intimate moments, as Koji Kondo once envisaged) and we can all die happy :D

Looking good! Wasnt expecting it to come out that soon, i was almost expecting them to hold back till xmas! Hopefully UK wont be 2 far behind the US with this!

Really? Impression I got about this from E3 was that it was Spring 2010. Never expected it to be a holiday title.

Really? Impression I got about this from E3 was that it was Spring 2010. Never expected it to be a holiday title.

I just had a sneaky suspicion that they would push it back till closer to xmas, ive got nothing to base that on, just had a inkling.

I like to be proved wrong though with something like this! :grin:

There's something about the music for Mario Galaxy. It's so awesome.

I'm also getting a Lost Levels feel. It certainly looks trickier

God this game looks incredible. Galaxy is probably my favourite game of all time. If this is more of the same then fine...but it looks even more!!

I really like the look of this galaxy:

super-mario-galaxy-2-20100224002519818.jpg

I believe a "World" is the equivilant to an Observatory. However, I don't see how it is any more linear than the first game, it just seems to lack a Hub world

I'd be surprised if they didn't implement a hub world. As long as you can go to any galaxy you want in whatever world you want then I'll be happy. The line drawings from the world 2 pic don't fill me confidence though.

New definition for "World"

shZ0bbdAWk-svjaq6gm3BSbNkOtjuI2D.jpg

Hmm

This seems...kind of lame. Hub areas have been a classic part of the 3D Mario titles. I understand they wouldn't want to use the observatory again but I seriously hope it's not just all done on menus now.

Ah

No, it has a hub world. This is just like a navigation map

Look at the Mario head, if that's not a hub world, I don't know what is

There is no proof that there will be no hub, what are you talking about? In SMG when you enter a room and click the blue star to select a galaxy from that room you see something very similar to that screenshot.

pQaYLR2A3-mDJ5LRgV7jqik6y4n69Uv8.jpg

p2yW9apFBtyhjPB1iVhPVcONGSeOGKdn.jpg

xGWwScLfiQ9xcEgOHRtR218NPhlcJ6Z7.jpg

zTwSXrmGMuwyjV-HYoBqe3DmS8vYAwnq.jpg

aKYpcJ5u90FmhS61Wd4BgcpSqsKJAF40.jpg

These screenshots to me seem that Nintendo have putting everything from the Mario series into this game.

There is no proof that there will be no hub, what are you talking about? In SMG when you enter a room and click the blue star to select a galaxy from that room you see something very similar to that screenshot.

This Marios head planet has a wheel.

From Nintendo website:

Skilled players will want to collect new Comet Metals, which will unlock harder levels with even more challenges.

Ah

No, it has a hub world. This is just like a navigation map

Look at the Mario head, if that's not a hub world, I don't know what is

I'm pretty sure the mario head is this planet:

Nevermind, dante got in before me.

I'm pretty sure the mario head is this planet:

Nevermind, dante got in before me.

Plus, it has a wheel so we can take it to mean that this planet is a rogue and you use it to navigate between systems :)

Ok so Mario has his own ship, the giant mario head (a tad lame looking compared to the awesome hub world in Galaxy 1 but oh well)...

So you travel to each individual world (observatory) with the space ship and inside each world, you choose which galaxy to go to. The galaxies seem to be represented by those black dots surrounding each world.

Also the Mario head planet seems to have lots of Luma's scattered around, another indication this is the hub world. Still seems a little silly though

I see no wheel in that picture. Do you guys mean the stone platform that is the front of his hat? I don't think it's a wheel.

I see no wheel in that picture. Do you guys mean the stone platform that is the front of his hat? I don't think it's a wheel.

On the very top near the front you can see what is very clearly an old fashioned ship's wheel.