NEurope
Dyson

Halo: Reach

Do I get a better ending if I do it on a harder difficulty?

Nope. No different endings available.

Really, Well who was the guy who wrote 'the ending was epic'....I couldn't follow the story, thought it was poo, No flood though thank fuck, they were rubbish.

How could you not follow the story of Reach?

You're under attack from aliens, oh shit! Better defend ourselves. No wait, we're fucked, better run away.

Oh and I'll take this thing with me, it's important.

the story is pretty simple

In The Winter Contingency Noble Team encounter a Covenant scouting party who have arrived on Reach looking for Forerunner ruins, on which their religion is based. The Covenant are lead by a squad of Zealot Class Elites, who raid a scientific facility belonging to the office of naval intelligence (ONI) and escape with the data stored there- a copy of which is also retrived by Noble 2 (Kat)

In Oni Sword BaseThe Covenant launch an attack on ONI Sword Base because it sits on top of the glacier that covers the ruins they're after and the ONI lab that is based there, though the attack is stopped by Noble Team and the orbital defences above Reach.

In Nightfall Noble Team find the rest of the Covenant army, cloaked from human technology. In The Tip of The Spear the UNSC attack in full strength in order to stop the full scale invasion of Reach. Just when the attack is about to succeed, a Covenant super carrier de-cloaks and begins destroying the majority of the UNSC military on Reach from low orbit

In The Long Night of Solace, Noble Team lead a counter attack against the Covenant super carrier, destroying the massive ship. However, the rest of the Covenant fleet arrive immediately after this and proceed to destroy or route what remains of the UNSC fleet, leaving Reach completely defenceless.

In Exodus, Noble Team aid the evacuation of New Alexandria, captial city on Reach, though the city is eventually destroyed or 'glassed' by the massive Covenant fleet in space which uses plasma bombings to literally melt the surface of the planet to glass.

With the UNSC defeated, Noble Team are sent to prevent the Covenant from learning anything they can by destroying Sword Base in The Package. Their orders are, however, a pretext and they have in fact been selected as couriers for the A.I Cortana, who contains the collected information stored in the Forerunner ruins. The data also includes the coordinates for Halo Installation 04.

With the A.I in hand, Noble Team plan to escape Reach in the UNSC ship Pillar of Autumn . Though they are successful in delivering the A.I, they are all killed ensuring the escape of the ship itself. The ship also holds Spartan 117 The Master Chief and in the final scene of the game, the PoA jumps to Halo 04, which is where Halo: Combat Evolved begins.

Wow. I really was bored.

Really, Well who was the guy who wrote 'the ending was epic'....I couldn't follow the story, thought it was poo, No flood though thank fuck, they were rubbish.

I enjoyed the story more than the others i've played, but i think the lack of flood was a big factor. I still have nightmares about 'Cortana' on Halo 3.:shakehead

How could you not follow the story of Reach?

You're under attack from aliens, oh shit! Better defend ourselves. No wait, we're fucked, better run away.

Oh and I'll take this thing with me, it's important.

I got that bit, what was that 'important' thing, was it that woman that talks to master chef all the way through Halo 'Combat Evolved'

Edited by James

I got that bit, what was that 'important' thing, was it that woman that talks to master chef all the way through Halo 'Combat Evolved'

Yes, Cortana. All the way through all 3 Halo games in fact. And you do see her pretty clearly during Reach.

I think my problem is playing the first one and then not bothering with anything else until reach....so i don't even know what an elite is, my tiny brain then gets confused.

The bit at the end where you have to survive, I'm guessing it's not possible?

Edited by James

I thought as I was playing Reach earlier: 'Oh, I wonder if there's a trailer for the new maps yet. I should check bungie. Actually Dan Dare will have probably....'

The new map pack is nearly out. Everyone excited for it? I know I am :heh:

Also, I think the challenges are a stroke of mild genius. I love them. It's so addictive just seeing if you can do them or not - it also makes the ranking system infinitely better.

Some funny bullshit here.

I'm much more a fan of this channel's take on it.

The commentary from the machinima guy in your video just takes away from it IMO.

@ipaul, the new map pack... I'll be getting it... but I'm not all that excited about it coming out haha.

The new map pack is nearly out. Everyone excited for it? I know I am :heh:

Also, I think the challenges are a stroke of mild genius. I love them. It's so addictive just seeing if you can do them or not - it also makes the ranking system infinitely better.

Tell me about it! I thought I'd gotten saturated with halo, but this week's challenge to get 16 daily challenges has got me playing it all up again!!!!

Also, does anyone know/have a price on the map pack? How many maps is it?

Also, does anyone know/have a price on the map pack? How many maps is it?

On sale November 30th for 800MSP, includes three maps. These ones, in fact:

I was definitely going to be picking up the Reach map pack, but.. Call of Duty surprised me with how much I enjoyed the multiplayer. I think it'd be a waste of points if I got it right away. Which is a shame as I love Reach, I just don't have the time to split my attention between two multiplayer games and their ranking systems!

Hmm, 800 points is pricier than one was expecting! I don't know if I will, maybe wait for opinions from people I know. How does it affect online playing with people who don't have the maps?

Hmm, 800 points is pricier than one was expecting! I don't know if I will, maybe wait for opinions from people I know. How does it affect online playing with people who don't have the maps?

If it follows the Halo 3 format, some playlists will become unavailable till you get it.

actually they're not doing that this time. Instead, the game will prioritise new maps if everyone playing has them or something, without excluding dirty cheapskates.

Yeah it's pretty cool- one of the many excellent 'under the hood' moves Bungie are known for, really.

Been rocking the new maps the past couple of days - they're really quite good. Interesting and different, they're 3 pretty solid maps, well worth the 800 points. The lower gravity outside part in Anchor 9 is especially rad, always fun to see someone mistime a jump and fall slowly to their death.

I've also been going for the achievements a bit and now have them all apart from the invasion breakpoint one. The option to play it just isn't coming up at all.

Anyone else liking the maps?