NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Garden_Pigeon

Ok, Im confused

I have a question about the controller

In a first person shooter, if you wanted to look left, you would point it to the left of the screen, but if you accidentally pointed it off the screen would it not register it? or would it keep looking left?

If you pointed down to the floor and then shot, on the game would it also do that, even if you wern't on the screen?

If it can, it has just changed my views completly on this controller. If it can, IMO it is the best thing nintendo has done.

Well in the video you can see with the baseball part the guy isn't pointing it at the screen so it might still register it then. I'm not sure though.

I think you could use the control stick to move the character more to the side. But I think it would probably still register the movement. Cause they talked about angles and stuff too which would mean frequently point off screen 0_0

Or am I not making sense?

--Ray

Yes, everything would be registered whether or not you point it at the screen or you play it on an old TV screen. The sensors indicate movement. The TV and where you point the fromt of the remote do not matter. Your not sending signals to the TV, your sending them to the sensors on top of the TV.

When your using the (lazer pointer like) flash technology though (like to shoot ducks in Duckhunt) it would matter if you point it off the screen.

(*note* you couldn't actually play it on an 80 year old projection screen because you'd have no way of hooking up the system, it can be played on any TV though.)

Ok, the Tele doesnt register the dvice, the sensors do - yes it will work when you point it away and yes it will work on a 80" screen!

As dazzy said, the device doesn't work by pinting it at teh screen, it works by being sensed by the sensors inside the revolution and the sensors that will be placed on top of the tv.

yea it would work its the control sensor so if its of the TV it will be fine,Nintendo have thought this through a lot,dont worry ;)

Thanks, Its all totally clear now. And in my opinion, this is the best controller ever.

you couldn't actually play it on an 80 year old projection screen

That post really made me laugh. You misread, because I said 80-odd inch

screen. My projector is fairly new :grin:

That post really made me laugh. You misread, because I said 80-odd inch

screen. My projector is fairly new :grin:

lol whoops. :heh:

It wont have to point at the screen except in "light gun" stype games i reckon.

If you point off the TV on other's i'm sure it will just keep turning; and if you shot on a FPS u'd just shoot the floor (on the game i mean)

IGN played a MP2 demo and were very impressed with how it controlled (even if it had alot of bugs due to its quick implementation).

If they were very pleased, then I'm sure the controller is very intuitive to use.

I'm abit worred though... There would be moments in the game where you wouldnt want the thing to move right? But due to breatheing etc etc you just might move it anyway 0_0 that could be bothersome at some point....

Unless no other action is require at the same time 0_0

After all it is Nintendo, the most experienced game company out there. I for one have no worries and have faith that nintendo won't let us down. They know what they're doing.

I'm abit worred though... There would be moments in the game where you wouldnt want the thing to move right? But due to breatheing etc etc you just might move it anyway 0_0 that could be bothersome at some point....

Unless no other action is require at the same time 0_0

I agree, but it may be the case that you hold down a button on the pointer when you want to look about, because as mentioned, you may sneeze or something and everything goes apeshit. It's different for mouse/keyboard FPS playing because the mouse sits on the pad; this controller is held in the hand without support.

Imagining the same situation for the likes of Zelda - you may have to hit a button on the controller to switch to camera mode so you can look about, instead of having it constantly freestyle.

Me thinks that on the analogue add-on on a fps, when you press the Z1 button (or the B button on the remote) it shoots, when you hold the Z2 button and point left, the game looks left, let go and it stops.

I agree, but it may be the case that you hold down a button on the pointer when you want to look about, because as mentioned, you may sneeze or something and everything goes apeshit. It's different for mouse/keyboard FPS playing because the mouse sits on the pad; this controller is held in the hand without support.

But that would make it even more realistic because if you were really in that position holding that real gun atttacking the enemy and you sneezed then you would be disorientated for a split second as well!

But that would make it even more realistic because if you were really in that position holding that real gun atttacking the enemy and you sneezed then you would be disorientated for a split second as well!

:shock: maybe it knows if you have sneezed, then it puts you back on track! Revolution!

:shock: maybe it knows if you have sneezed, then it puts you back on track! Revolution!

Maybe it wipes your nose and says bless you! :D

Sign in to follow this