NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

What you should feel bad with is the Shuckle in Cianwood. Refuse to give it back and he'll complain that he feels like he's been robbed again

Bless

I'm thinking of making Spoink a member of my team. Being a pig on a spring, it's absolutely awesome as it is, but I also took pity on it when I read its description on Bulbapedia. Apparently if it stops bouncing, it goes into cardiac arrest and dies.

I'll let your callous statement slide there to tell you that Grumpig is a god awful Pokémon. It's the epitome of what is wrong with the third generation :p

I'll let your callous statement slide there to tell you that Grumpig is a god awful Pokémon. It's the epitome of what is wrong with the third generation :p

The use of Bulbapedia? :p Don't take it personally, I only use it for its longer descriptions. Serebii is my only source for everything else. ;) (Unless you meant the cardiac arrest comment.)

I don't think I'll evolve it, Grumpig seems to take the awesomeness of a pig on a spring, and rape it.

Grumpig is awesome. :D

Super creepy psychic pig, yes please. @____@

I raised mine up to level 48 on Emerald and it was certifiably SPICY! :grin:

grumpig.jpg

Sexy! :heart: Everything that's right with the 3rd generation moar liek. :p

I may have to go on a genocide spree with my special Smeargle, paralysing every Grumpig I encounter today whilst Hoenn sound is on.

The use of Bulbapedia? :p Don't take it personally, I only use it for its longer descriptions. Serebii is my only source for everything else. ;) (Unless you meant the cardiac arrest comment.)

I don't think I'll evolve it, Grumpig seems to take the awesomeness of a pig on a spring, and rape it.

Still, you may wanna retrieve your knife...it's embedded in my BACK :P

I kid I kid

Absolutely loving Battle Hall... :love:

I wish this continued to play during the actual battles:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The vibe, the music, the fact it seems to be the easiest of all the battle modes. :heh:

Seriously what's up with some of the insanely tough Pokémon at the Battle Frontier!? :eek:

I managed a winning streak of 49 at Battle Hall really easily, then when I faced Argenta... SMASHHHHHHH! One super effective hit and it was all over. :shakehead:laughing:

Was I just really unlucky, or is that 50th battle always like that?

Might have another go tonight. But it looks like my Pokémon journey is coming to an end now, it's almost time to swap those Pocket Monsters for some D.I.Y. ;)

Absolutely loving Battle Hall... :love:

I wish this continued to play during the actual battles:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The vibe, the music, the fact it seems to be the easiest of all the battle modes. :heh:

Seriously what's up with some of the insanely tough Pokémon at the Battle Frontier!? :eek:

I managed a winning streak of 49 at Battle Hall really easily, then when I faced Argenta... SMASHHHHHHH! One super effective hit and it was all over. :shakehead:laughing:

Was I just really unlucky, or is that 50th battle always like that?

Might have another go tonight. But it looks like my Pokémon journey is coming to an end now, it's almost time to swap those Pocket Monsters for some D.I.Y. ;)

Usually Argenta has a Pokémon either Super Effective in type or one with a Super Effective attack

When I got the final print for Plat, I noticed more and more that the Pokémon got attacks primed against your Pokémon

I tried to get a flying/surfing pikachu today..sheesh! How many steps do you need to do before spotting one? 6000? I managed almost 7000 steps and didn't see a single <(!!!)

Edit: ok, it's 10,000 steps! I would have to walk for a couple of hours to get that.. I manage around 7000-8000 steps a day.

Edited by Pyxis

I tried to get a flying/surfing pikachu today..sheesh! How many steps do you need to do before spotting one? 6000? I managed almost 7000 steps and didn't see a single <(!!!)

9500 for Surfer

10000 for Fly

However, Surfer has a 3% chance of appearing after this and the Flyer has a 2% chance. They can also appear in !! bushes

9500 for Surfer

10000 for Fly

However, Surfer has a 3% chance of appearing after this and the Flyer has a 2% chance. They can also appear in !! bushes

Ok, going by those figures, it is impossible.

I am after an electric type, although Pikachu is too weak, even with a light ball.

9500 for Surfer

10000 for Fly

But they have to be selected when you send over your Pokemon to the Pokewalker, right? Or will they always appear?

They're selected whether you have the step requirement already or not. They just wont appear til you reach that amount

Ok, going by those figures, it is impossible.

I am after an electric type, although Pikachu is too weak, even with a light ball.

Not impossible, just not likely

I got mine, I also got a Torchic which is 1% in the Sightseeing course (Yeah I hacked a wonder card to get the course over...but it's not likely to come here so I sleep easy :P )

Mcoy just realized half of his squad is inbred from the daycare center.

Mcoy is now not suprised why his team is so awful.

I got mine, I also got a Torchic which is 1% in the Sightseeing course (Yeah I hacked a wonder card to get the course over...but it's not likely to come here so I sleep easy :P )

Oh ho is this an admission you have a flash cart, Pokemon HG/SS rom and Pokesav (Or just an AR cheat cart)?

I can get Pokemon from wonder cards sent down my own wireless network through DNS, I can't do wonder cards that do items/pokewalker unlocks.

Oh ho is this an admission you have a flash cart, Pokemon HG/SS rom and Pokesav (Or just an AR cheat cart)?

I can get Pokemon from wonder cards sent down my own wireless network through DNS, I can't do wonder cards that do items/pokewalker unlocks.

I have a cheat cart but I kept my EU game clean. Just set up the Wonder Card and sent it across

Ah right, no cheat cart for me, usually have to rely on Pokesav'd saves with wondercards with infinite wireless invites. I'l sort it out if it doesn't come over here, even then, its not a course I need considering the Pokemon.. the items though I need to look into

How comes all of the wild pokemon in Kanto are so low in level? In some areas, they are as low as level 5...how comes I need to constantly go back to Johto in order to train my pokemon?

My Arcanine is level 65 now and I can defeat all of the gym leaders without even looking at my DS, but I'm struggling to find good places to train some of my new pokemon.

Also, how to I get to the Seafoam Islands?

Edited by Pyxis

Well I've just had difficulty levelling up my pokemon full stop in HeartGold. I'm at the last gym but want to get my pokemon up to mid 40s so they'll be virtually ready to go through the Elite Four but all the trainer battles are below level 30 and the same for wild pokemon. Not exactly helpful. Had to transfer my team over to Platinum where I'll just level them there and send them back across.

Having a bit of trouble filling out the last spot on my team though. Currently, I'm using Typhlosion, Lapras, Ampharos, Pidgeot and Hypno and can't think of a suitable pokemon to fill the last spot. I have tried to level a Larvitar to fill the spot but it won't really work well enough until it gets to level 55 and becomes a Tyranitar. Any suggestions? Some form of dragon type maybe?

How comes all of the wild pokemon in Kanto are so low in level? In some areas, they are as low as level 5...how comes I need to constantly go back to Johto in order to train my pokemon?

My Arcanine is level 65 now and I can defeat all of the gym leaders without even looking at my DS, but I'm struggling to find good places to train some of my new pokemon.

Also, how to I get to the Seafoam Islands?

You just need to Surf to get there

I guess they're low levelled in Kanto to match the level curve of them in the past games. Low levels round Pallet etc.

Well, finally beaten the elite four after 43 hours of just mucking around and having fun in getting those little things my team too beat the elite four were

160.pnglv.5238.pnglv.41148.pnglv.50212.pnglv.46247.pnglv.4518.pnglv.45

This is my first time going through the Gold/Silver series as I never got to own a handheld system until the Gameboy advance SP and all I can say I I am really loving it :D

Is it possible to change a pokemon's name in gold?

Well, finally beaten the elite four after 43 hours of just mucking around and having fun in getting those little things my team too beat the elite four were

160.pnglv.5238.pnglv.41148.pnglv.50212.pnglv.46247.pnglv.4518.pnglv.45

This is my first time going through the Gold/Silver series as I never got to own a handheld system until the Gameboy advance SP and all I can say I I am really loving it :D

Nice team, do you think Ninetails is any good? I think it's slightly weaker than Arcanine. I'm a fan of Chinese mythology, so I am thinking about training one up, alongside an Infernape and a Rapidash, but they're all fire types! I'd have to start my own gym.:awesome:

I think there's a Name Rater in Goldenrod in the north of the city.

You just need to Surf to get there

There's some sort of construction going on, so I can't at the moment. I'm guessing that solving the whole power plant situation will allow me to do so.

How comes I can't travel to Mt Silver or Pallet Town? Is it because I haven't caught Ho-Oh?