NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

started my game again the other day. i had originally got up to Clair but decided that my team sucked and i could have done a lot better

current team, all around level 25 (besides squirtle who i am currently "grinding"):

7.png179.png163.png152.png123.png

just about to go beat the goldenrod gym, then off to get me a magmar

WTF does grinding mean in terms of Pokemon. I hope its not the same thing I do to drunk girls in clubs...

Regardless;

23.png21.png95.png155.png175.png79.png

All level 13 except Slowpoke (9) and Cyndaquil (14). I kind of want a Slowking, but his speed is already annoying me. Think I may raise ten Pokemon but I don't know which others yet. Maybe a Mareep. Was also rasing a Ledyba then realised its shit.

Scare them? No its not. :p

Nor does it cause them to slap you and force you to register on a sex offender's list :p But that's only you :p

Edited by Serebii

Why, oh why am I playing more or less the same game as over 10 years ago, and why do I still find it so much fun and addictive?

I bought SoulSilver for the Missus. She bought me HeartGold. She better catch and trade me a Meowth pretty fast. =p

apparently, The SoulSilver versions are way more pomular then their Gold counterparts. Even the shopkeeper ask me as to why this is.

I first thought of the pokéwalker as a useless gimmick, but i'l be damned if I don't slip it in my pocket when I go out. =p

I decided to train up a Farfech'd, Lapras (Which may end up replacing my feraligator) and a cubone (which I'll obviously evolve). I'll probably keep my magmar and anpharos, as well as add something else.

With the following, what are the major holes in my team:

Water/Ice

Electric

Ground

Fire

Flying/Normal

Can't you just teach Sandslash Earthquake? The TM's in a cave somewhere - Victory Road maybe, or Mt Mortar?

Nah, I don't tend to use TM's until after the E4 when I start building my final team unless you can easily get more than one (i.e. it's buy-able).

Current Team:

156.png169.png79.png70.png180.png28.png

Can't decide if I should evolve Slowpoke into Slowbro or Slowking, depends if I find a King's Rock soon. Might drop Weepinbell since I don't like it :P Will probably drop Sandslash as well. Everyone is level 25 - 29, with Quilava being the highest level.

Currently got 6 badges, on my to the Safari Zone.

Edited by Ike

Nah, I don't tend to use TM's until after the E4 when I start building my final team unless you can easily get more than one (i.e. it's buy-able).

In general I don't agree, but with the rarity of Earthquakes TM, that's the best thinking regarding it's usage.

Nearly at 10,000 watts, I haven't been walking so much as of late, and catching anything decent decent in Yellow Forest is sapping mah watts

In general I don't agree, but with the rarity of Earthquakes TM, that's the best thinking regarding it's usage.

Nearly at 10,000 watts, I haven't been walking so much as of late, and catching anything decent decent in Yellow Forest is sapping mah watts

Just wait til you're trying to get a Torchic in Sightseeing when it's released :p

Serbii, on your site you said Nintendo would be holding some sort of event where they'd be giving away Serebii at some point. You got any more info on that?

How much happiness do you get from walking because I've walked over 20,000 steps with my eevee and he didn't go up an liking level (woman says he's not used to me).

How much happiness do you get from walking because I've walked over 20,000 steps with my eevee and he didn't go up an liking level (woman says he's not used to me).

Very little. I've walked about 150,000 with my Eevee and it has yet to be able to evolve

I really didn't like that webcomic. I think its the character design. It repulsed me.

I really didn't like that webcomic. I think its the character design. It repulsed me.

Was it a little too close to home?

Thematically I was fine with it, design wise no it did not hit close to home. Although the dude in the top left corner of the last panel looks a bit like Jayseven.

What does it mean when in a battle just before your Pokemon attacks, it makes a sound as if it's restoring health with a berry but actually isn't? This seems to be happening rather frequently with my Pokemon atm and I was just curious as to why.

What does it mean when in a battle just before your Pokemon attacks, it makes a sound as if it's restoring health with a berry but actually isn't? This seems to be happening rather frequently with my Pokemon atm and I was just curious as to why.

It's using it's hold item

I'm assuming it has the Quick Claw attached?

It's using it's hold item

I'm assuming it has the Quick Claw attached?

Ahh... that explains it and yes it was with Quick Claw attached. :)

That comic makes me want to attach my Pokewalker to my head!

So true though! :laughing:

My team is slowly evolving. :)

299.png159.png446.png468.png216.png

At the moment. :D

I now want a Jynx, looks hilarious. :grin:

124.png

So been playing Fire red to get one.

Anyone want an Onyx? I've caught like 6 of them on my damn pokewalker when I already had one anyway, why can't I get better pokemans?!

I decided not to bother with cubone. Neither it or its evolution seems to learn any decent attacks. I might trade in my shiny geodude from diamond at some point instead, I'm currently just raising a graveler as a temporary ground/rock type.

Teddiursa = a pimp in every sense of the word, bitch.

Moar like Ursaring being the pimp, this may be bias, as I only got Ursaring in its shiny form..