NEurope
Emasher

Recommend Me Some GCN Games

Ok, so my Wii died today and I'm going to have to send it into Nintendo to get it repaired. This will probably take a month. The only other console I own is a Gamecube, so I'm looking for some recommendations of games I should buy for it that are Common/Cheap to find/buy at stores that sell used games.

Anyway, this is what I already own:

The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Luigi's Mansion

Super Mario Sunshine

Star Fox Adventures

Pokemon Colosseum

Mario Kart Double Dash

Pokemon XD

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Bomberman Jetters

Sonic Mega Collection

Tales Of Symphonia

Baten Kaitos

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

The legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Animal Crossing

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Metroid Prime

I have Resi 4 on the Wii

I'm also planning on Buying Resi 0 and REmake with the archives series.

I'm also not interested in buying any of the New Play Control games for the GC.

I'm thinking about buying the Resi 2 and 3 GCN ports, were they any good/worth 15$-25$?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure of its availability/ rarity/ pricing over where you are, but Skies of Arcadia! There'd also be Beyond Good and Evil but again it could be difficult to track down.

Your list of games is pretty solid as it stands but off the top of my head, I found the Splinter Cell titles to be surprisingly good as well as Second Sight. What about SSX 3 or Viewtiful Joe?

Play Metroid Prime again!

2 recommendations that I doubt anyone else would make:

Worms 3D and Warioware: Mega Party Games (if you have friends lol)

Second Sight, Super Monkey Ball.

Of those you should definetly get Super Monkey Ball, that game is God. (Don't get the 2nd, its just a gimmick fest)

Oh and 2 other games: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones was good as was SSX on Tour. (On tour was the closest thing to the best SSX - the original)

Edit: apparently Chibi Robo is a quirky title

Edited by dwarf

Forgot about skies of Arcadia, I'll defiantly have to look for that.

If I see second sight, I'll probably pick that up as well.

I've also seen the Viewtiful Joe games around quite frequently, so I'll see if I can get the first one at least.

Thanks.

Get Monkey Ball! You will not regret it, it is my 3rd favourite Cube game. Trust me on this.

The style and appeal may be freakish but it has a certain charm and packs a brilliant puzzle single player mode as well as hilarious multiplayer stuff. Not to be missed.

Ok, so my Wii died today and I'm going to have to send it into Nintendo to get it repaired. This will probably take a month. The only other console I own is a Gamecube, so I'm looking for some recommendations of games I should buy for it that are Common/Cheap to find/buy at stores that sell used games.

Anyway, this is what I already own:

The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Luigi's Mansion

Super Mario Sunshine

Star Fox Adventures

Pokemon Colosseum

Mario Kart Double Dash

Pokemon XD

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Bomberman Jetters

Sonic Mega Collection

Tales Of Symphonia

Baten Kaitos

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

The legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Animal Crossing

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Metroid Prime

resident evil 1 remake

super monkey ball 1/2

timeplitters future perfect

hitman 2

resident evil 4!!!!!(assuming you dont own other versions.. get wii one instead)

metroid prime 2(if you feel like a challenge)

pikmin 2

f-zero gx

sonic adventure 2 battle(not THAT bad if you get it cheap)

eternal darkness

viewtiful joe 1 and 2..

thats a big list but GET f-zero gx overall.. it's honestly fantastic. Check the f-zero topic on retro if you are not convinced.

I second Pikmin, Pikmin 2 and Skies of Arcadia.

I have not played Pikmin 2, though. It just sounds awesome :p

Do you have both Baten Kaitos games? The second game is just as good as the first.

Killer 7 is a trip.

Eternal Darkness will give you some scares.

Your list is decidedly Nintendo-centric

Definately go for Skies, Killer 7, Twin Snakes and Eternal Darkness

I second Pikmin, Pikmin 2 and Skies of Arcadia.

I have not played Pikmin 2, though. It just sounds awesome :p

I'll probably buy the Pikmen games with New Play Control. I've seen the GCN version for almost the same price recently.

Do you have both Baten Kaitos games? The second game is just as good as the first.

Killer 7 is a trip.

Eternal Darkness will give you some scares.

I just have the first, I couldn't really get into it TBH.

Your list is decidedly Nintendo-centric

Definately go for Skies, Killer 7, Twin Snakes and Eternal Darkness

Besides Skies those are all quite rare here. Twin Snakes sells for more on ebay these days then it probably did when it came out.

A decent trading site that's based in the US I think, idk if it does trades in the Canada or not. To get to the point, MGS Twin Snakes is 350 points there, which is equal to approx. $17.50 (I think 1000 points is $50 but maybe $60)

http://www.goozex.com/trading/games/9380-Metal_Gear_Solid_The_Twin_Snakes-Game_Cube

Other than that, which it'll be used and may or may not contain all packaging material and possibly be scratched, it'll cost quite a bit.

The Rogue Squadron games are both ace, although 3 has annoying on foot missions, but does come with the entirity of 2 in Co-op.

Time Splitters 2 is oddles of fun especially if you get friends over to play.

Prince of Persia SoT is excellent, WW I really liked but it's different and not as loved, and TT strikes a nice balance between the two but doesn't quite reach the platforming greatness of SoT.

I'll probably buy the Pikmen games with New Play Control. I've seen the GCN version for almost the same price recently.

Humm...Really?

Pikmin is one of the cheapest GC game I've seen, less than 10€ in most stores (sure, they are usually used copies, but even a new one wouldn't cost as much as a new Wii game)

Unless you mean Pikmin 2, in which case I shall shut up.

EDIT: Ah yes, TimeSplitters 2 is great fun with friends, as well. Consider that, even if you normally dislike FPSes.

Unfortunately, even the original Pikmin sells for quite a bit these days used here. Even online I'm finding it for about 20$ - 25$ so I'm thinking I'm better off just getting the new play control.

Or you are better off getting Super Monkey Ball because it can easily be found for £5 here, probably uber cheap in Canada too.

I personally wouldn't bother with new play control, and buy the games for Cube when possible.

That means both Metroid Primes * Pikmins & (have to get Pikmin 2 myself). Furthermore I agree with the above mentioned Rogue Squadron, Viewtiful Joe, and (especially) Eternal Darkness.

And would like to add Geist.

Second Sight is good too, judging from what I've played, and Beyond Good & Evil I'll have to hunt down myself in the near future.

Or you are better off getting Super Monkey Ball because it can easily be found for £5 here, probably uber cheap in Canada too.

Yes I have this too and it is a class game, also Soul Calibur 2 and fantastic lookimg and playing 3D fighter, very worth picking up (also you can play link in it).

I think there are better fighters than Soul Calibur, I didn't enjoy the Cube one that much. Tekken and Street Fighter is the way to go.

I think there are better fighters than Soul Calibur, I didn't enjoy the Cube one that much. Tekken and Street Fighter is the way to go.

He said he's looking for GCN games... ;)

And Soul Calibur 2 is pretty good. Balanced, easier to learn, and relies more on prediction and mindgames than elaborate combos.

Yeah but I thought he had a different console, so it would be better off buying fighting games for those rather than a GC.

Billy Hatcher and the Giant egg is worth a punt if you like quirky platformers with a somewhat deceptive level of difficulty.

Billy Hatcher and the Giant egg is worth a punt if you like quirky platformers with a somewhat deceptive level of difficulty.

+1.

GOOD MORNING! Haha what a game.

No Tekken is better than Soul Calibur 2 IMO.

It is if you had spent some of your childhood playing Tekken. The characters are just awesome.