NEurope
Kirkatronics

How Many Of You Still PS2? (The Beginners Guide to Last Gen)

Got my copy of Castlevania: Curse of Darkness a couple of days ago. I'm sure the graphics are worse than Lament of Innocence tho :(

Will have to fire up LoI again to check.

Yes i was 1 of the 1.5 people in the world that liked LoI.

Also ordered Jak & Daxter Lost Frontier 'cos it was cheap, but not arrived yet.

To go through the pile(s) of stuff i got... i'm gonna have to lock myself in a cellar... and u're giving me recommendations... oh dear!

Good thing each installment of Dragon Quest takes like 5 years to make now :heh:

But my priority is to clear P3. And then P3FES. And then P4 since we're on a roll :P

And then you will want to play them again, since you know in your head that you want to get 100% in everything in that game, social links and monsters :D

OH...and I now have my PS2 back : peace:: peace:: peace:

The question is though...which game should I go through now? :heh:

Good thing each installment of Dragon Quest takes like 5 years to make now :heh:

And then you will want to play them again, since you know in your head that you want to get 100% in everything in that game, social links and monsters :D

OH...and I now have my PS2 back : peace:: peace:: peace:

The question is though...which game should I go through now? :heh:

Really, i just have too much stuff and not enough time. *sigh*

I'm all antsy with P3P now.... got absolutely gobsmacked by the screenshots i saw today... my lovely P3 on the go... what else could i want! :love:

What to do with ur Ps2, what to do.... whacha got? :)

I'm all antsy with P3P now.... got absolutely gobsmacked by the screenshots i saw today... my lovely P3 on the go... what else could i want! :love:

P3P is interesting, it makes the dungeon crawling the same as what you got on the PS2 version, yet everything else, your like a dot.

I could see more of an appeal to the chicks for this game, since...you know, you can finally play as a chick :heh:

What to do with ur Ps2, what to do.... whacha got? :)

Don't worry, I just got something in the mail today, Japanese copy of Dragon Quest V *squeal* Guess this is my 15th dipping of Dragon Quest V (Yeah I love it waaaaaay too much)

P3P is interesting, it makes the dungeon crawling the same as what you got on the PS2 version, yet everything else, your like a dot.

I could see more of an appeal to the chicks for this game, since...you know, you can finally play as a chick :heh:

Don't worry, I just got something in the mail today, Japanese copy of Dragon Quest V *squeal* Guess this is my 15th dipping of Dragon Quest V (Yeah I love it waaaaaay too much)

I was thinking here to myself.... with the protagonist being a chick now...... won't that make the social links a tad more... interesting? ^_^ Or did they tweak that as well?

15th dipping? Wow! :) U're sorted then!!

I was thinking here to myself.... with the protagonist being a chick now...... won't that make the social links a tad more... interesting? ^_^ Or did they tweak that as well?

It's like the reverse or something, I havn't really been paying attention to the game, but instead of scoring with the chicks, other way around, Atlus would be very lazy if they did nothing at all besides just having a boy or girl as an option.

15th dipping? Wow! :) U're sorted then!!

Dragon Quest V isn't really a big game, coming from a game that was originally for the SNES, it has perhaps like about 25-30hours for me now with the game. (Dragon Quest VI is 3 times bigger then V :eek: ) Very small compared to Dragon Quest VII.

It's like the reverse or something, I havn't really been paying attention to the game, but instead of scoring with the chicks, other way around, Atlus would be very lazy if they did nothing at all besides just having a boy or girl as an option.

Dragon Quest V isn't really a big game, coming from a game that was originally for the SNES, it has perhaps like about 25-30hours for me now with the game. (Dragon Quest VI is 3 times bigger then V :eek: ) Very small compared to Dragon Quest VII.

Not quite, u can play with a chick as well. To be very honest with you i'm trying to not look to much into it so that when i play it.... i can get the full effect! (but there will be cameos from chars from P4 *nods*)

DQV.... i was referring to ur 15th plunge :D which is just magnificent!

DQV.... i was referring to ur 15th plunge :D which is just magnificent!

I was just referring to how short of a game it is thats all ^^

Where from, I was thinking of getting it?

Where from, I was thinking of getting it?

I bought it from a store :heh: So if you want, come down to Australia and buy it :laughing:

I am really wanting to go back to playing some PS1 games on the PS2. and easily one of the greatest RPG's out there for the system is crying out too me...should I dig in too playing Chrono Cross again? xD

I bought it from a store :heh: So if you want, come down to Australia and buy it :laughing:

I am really wanting to go back to playing some PS1 games on the PS2. and easily one of the greatest RPG's out there for the system is crying out too me...should I dig in too playing Chrono Cross again? xD

Now u're just prodding me :P

I'd say do it.... cuz i can't... ever since my copy broke my heart and decided it didn't feel like running anymore- at a VERY advanced stage of the game...:cry:

So yeah, go on and play it.... say hello to Serge for me... and Harle... Kidd might as well die for all i care. :D

God, i miss that game.

Now u're just prodding me :P

I'd say do it.... cuz i can't... ever since my copy broke my heart and decided it didn't feel like running anymore- at a VERY advanced stage of the game...:cry:

So yeah, go on and play it.... say hello to Serge for me... and Harle... Kidd might as well die for all i care. :D

God, i miss that game.

Y...you like Chrono Cross!!! The next thing you will say that you love Xenogears and the Xenosaga series :laughing:

Y...you like Chrono Cross!!! The next thing you will say that you love Xenogears and the Xenosaga series :laughing:

You havent checked my profile :P

Stand tall. Shake the heavens. OH YES!!!!

(oh, and Citan FTW :love:)

*Checks profile and see's favorite games*

You're taste pleases me xD

I know this is a PS2 thread buuuuut, I need to know, have you played Baten Kaitos Origins on the Gamecube?

*Checks profile and see's favorite games*

You're taste pleases me xD

I know this is a PS2 thread buuuuut, I need to know, have you played Baten Kaitos Origins on the Gamecube?

:red: flame me at will... but no, never owned a GC...

:red: flame me at will... but no, never owned a GC...

Just going to say that you are missing out, as Baten Kaitos Origins is easily on par with Chrono Cross and Xenogears (It's also made by the same people so you can expect it to be awesome xD )

Just going to say that you are missing out, as Baten Kaitos Origins is easily on par with Chrono Cross and Xenogears (It's also made by the same people so you can expect it to be awesome xD )

i'll revert to the point where i said that i have stuff piling up to go through :P U know, i have a problem... when ppl recommend me games... i have to go and try them. And u added two to the recommendation list!! O_O

I'm a lost cause.:D

How surprisingly diplomatic of you. :wink:

lol :p

If people love Chrono Cross, Xenogears and Xenosaga, then there is no way they will not like Baten Kaitos Origins (The first Baten Kaitos game was very medicore for me, but the sequel blew me away)

i'll revert to the point where i said that i have stuff piling up to go through :P U know, i have a problem... when ppl recommend me games... i have to go and try them. And u added two to the recommendation list!! O_O

I'm a lost cause.:D

You should see my backlog >_>

You obviously have great taste in RPG's :D So I am only suggesting 1 game and 1 series, thats all :heh: Good thing about Baten Kaitos Origins is that it's been out for ages so finding a cheap copy should be easy, only disadvantage is the fact it's US only >_>

Edited by killer kirby

lol :p

If people love Chrono Cross, Xenogears and Xenosaga, then there is no way they will not like Baten Kaitos Origins (The first Baten Kaitos game was very medicore for me, but the sequel blew me away)

I liked both Baten Kaitos games actually, hell it was deciding factor in getting a GC, never played Chrono Cross(but I'm not enthralled by Chrono Trigger so meh) or Xenogears, but Xenosaga was just too much. I didn't get past tutorials, and I'm not ashamed of it.

Rihna, you really should try and get a hold of Origins, it has one of the best characters of any game you'll play, Guillo every line is classic.

"Sagi, I can't take it anymore! Please let me eat her! She's due for an eating!":love:

"Sagi, I can't take it anymore! Please let me eat her! She's due for an eating!":love:

GLORIOUS!!:D

I liked both Baten Kaitos games actually, hell it was deciding factor in getting a GC

I don't know, besides the fantastic music, the great artwork and the awesome battle system, nothing else was going for the first Baten Kaitos game, story felt very medicore, characters felt like they were casted out of FFX and the voice acting was bloody awful.

Origins gets rid of all of the problems and makes them just oh so good, there is no word to describe just how fantastic that game was.

never played Chrono Cross(but I'm not enthralled by Chrono Trigger so meh)

A lot of people have a bad taste from Chrono Cross because they thought it was going to be exactly the same as trigger which is obviously wrong, no, I think Chrono Cross is just as good as Trigger, I always saw Trigger as the game for the kids but when Cross came out those same kids had matured so they made cross a much much more mature game which I can't say for a lot of RPG's. So yeah I loves it xD

but Xenosaga was just too much. I didn't get past tutorials, and I'm not ashamed of it.

Your loss :heh:

Rihna, you really should try and get a hold of Origins, it has one of the best characters of any game you'll play, Guillo every line is classic.

'Who said you should help' :p

A lot of people have a bad taste from Chrono Cross because they thought it was going to be exactly the same as trigger which is obviously wrong, no, I think Chrono Cross is just as good as Trigger, I always saw Trigger as the game for the kids but when Cross came out those same kids had matured so they made cross a much much more mature game which I can't say for a lot of RPG's. So yeah I loves it xD

Chrono Cross has possibly one of the most amazing storylines in the videogame history (in my own humble opinion) and the BEST combat system i laid eyes on. Not to mention the soundtrack. I just can't get enough of it.

And it moved me to tears *countless* times.

I honestly can't make up my mind when it comes to deciding which's best: xenogears or CC. But my heart belongs to CC. Unconditionally.

I see CT as overrated as FFVII to be honest. I'd like to give CC a play to form an opinion, but it's not high on my list of things to care about.

I've tried to get into Xenosaga a couple of times, but the cutscenes don't do anything for me, and the battle system was like taking a nail file to my teeth, slow and painful. I could probably handle the cutscenes otherwise. That's actually the same reason I couldn't play Septerra Core (PC)

And yet, the slow battles of pokemon don't deter me :/

Chrono Cross has possibly one of the most amazing storylines in the videogame history (in my own humble opinion) and the BEST combat system i laid eyes on. Not to mention the soundtrack. I just can't get enough of it.

And it moved me to tears *countless* times.

I honestly can't make up my mind when it comes to deciding which's best: xenogears or CC. But my heart belongs to CC. Unconditionally.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You are now truly awesome, story was fantastic, perhaps the best ever written story told within a game, Yasunori Mitsuda's music is truly a masterpiece. and the battle system is so smooth it's incredible it was pulled off on a PS1 game

I see CT as overrated as FFVII to be honest. I'd like to give CC a play to form an opinion, but it's not high on my list of things to care about.

Odd, if anything it's not overrated, I see more people spit on CC rather then praise it, I have seen very few that found it to be an masterpiece