NEurope

I wish I could play you :P

No I'd like to use cold-blooded but if I'm not playing hardcore, I just hate getting killed in a 1v1 situation because my bullets are slightly less powerful. Plus, silencers kill range, so if you're using an ump at mid-distance you're basically not going to live unless you're facing a blind-retard.

(btw, the UMP is one of my favourite weapons, it's just not that effective without that extra kick)

USP unsilenced is the shit, great weapon.

Yeah it is, I use that pre existing "Recon" or whatever class with the UMP all the time and it definitely is effective.

Also, my bros have MW2 for the PS3 so it is technically possible for us to play. What isn't possible, though, is for me to not suck with the Dual Shock 3 at shooters. :heh:

Best red perk is easily stopping power in my opinion. Especially on snipers.

Why don't you use killstreak rewards?!

Stopping power on Snipers is pretty much useless:

And I don't use Killstreak Rewards because I pretty much just don't like them. It's like they don't exist for me, because A - I don't use them and B - most of my classes use Cold Blooded Pro and so I very rarely get killed by someone else's killstreak reward.

If you don't like killstreaks you should still use UAV/counter UAV and EMP surely?

I like vanilla. Sue me!

Prestiged (again)! I used to rock at the start of a game then slowly get more and more shit

I'm this guy. That first half hour, I just completely dominate!

We need to get a game going between us all. You guys are so big headed, I want to see if you're really all that ;)

i reckon I can still rock with team deathmatch -- I never play any other mode so I'll suck at free-for-all.

I'll be on tonight if we're all up for it?

Free For All would be good if the spawns weren't so shite.

We need to get a game going between us all. You guys are so big headed, I want to see if you're really all that ;)

I'm average.

Im fuckin' awesome, but yeah we do need to get something organised. I shall be on tonight, I added jayseven and that was me who added you Oxigen

multitasking, like it.

Im not awesome tho, that was a joke

Had a couple of games with sexual choc so far... he's scored 28-8 and 28-5... I've done 6-12 and 5-11? shameful.

Sorry I had to go, was gonna spew, nursing a hangover.

Spas is easily the best shotgun, the range is insane, I stopped using it for a while, but after those sessions today, it's back on my list.

Sorry I had to go, was gonna spew, nursing a hangover.

Spas is easily the best shotgun, the range is insane, I stopped using it for a while, but after those sessions today, it's back on my list.

It should be in everyone's setup for at least 2 classes, it's amazing. Basically get you're favourite AR, a Spas, put on stopping power and grips etc and you're a beast. The SPAS is so great for clearing out portions of the map quickly, literally spin and shoot. Once you practice with it and appreciate it's range, it's hilariously good.

At level 19 -- 20 I get my tar back, and after, what, 75 kills? Tar silenced! Yay!

Sexchoc; we should play again. I was strangely nervous... the game you left I ended up doing pretty good, something like 17-8, then after that I did a 20-2! Usually if I'm playing with a bunch of people and sucking, I'll leave for the sake of teh team --- that is, if my k/d ratio is 1:2 then I'll stop playing because I'm so damn certain that I must be annoying my team-mates.

You will be annoying your teammates, but will they remember your gamertag in 15 seconds time? Nah. Fuckit, challenge yourself to be the comeback king I say.

At level 19 -- 20 I get my tar back, and after, what, 75 kills? Tar silenced! Yay!

Sexchoc; we should play again. I was strangely nervous... the game you left I ended up doing pretty good, something like 17-8, then after that I did a 20-2! Usually if I'm playing with a bunch of people and sucking, I'll leave for the sake of teh team --- that is, if my k/d ratio is 1:2 then I'll stop playing because I'm so damn certain that I must be annoying my team-mates.

Yeah not a problem, I enjoy it more playing with someone I know, if you know what I mean. I do enjoy looking at who I have killed straight away just to make sure its you :p shame the stupid invite thing was not working yesterday.

If you see me on just send an invite, i'll happily join you.

I was thinking the other day, there should be an FPS that attempts to have seperate modes in online which completely erradicate

camping2.jpg

and completely eliminate non-team players.

Getting rid of camping is obviously tremendously difficult. There's many ways you could do it, but it's hard to find a way to remove it in a positive manner. You could remove it by limiting the time a

test%20flying%20side%20stick%20man.gif

can stay within a certain designated region of a

northampton_square_map.gif

, by making people move a certain sizeable distance over time intervals, or by somehow rewarding players that pass over multiple regions of the map. These would work to different extents, but as long as camping is punished somehow, for example by automatic

flaming_death.gif

, or by ammo depletion over time, or by giving terrible central spawns atfer death etc then it could be effectively reduced. The 'camp bar' would indicate when you're entering critical camping levels, so you'd know when & how much you have to move around to prevent punishment.

------- Second mode/ Combined mode

Also, team victories/team playing should really play a more integral role, or at least there should be a mode that suits team players and the rewards for playing in the mode should be noteworthy. I know that I'm not a team player in

murray_cod1.jpg

, but that's not because I don't want to be, it's just that there's not really an incentive to be, in fact true is of the opposite. I'm sure there's been a couple of neat ideas here and there in games (In KZ2 for example, you get a 1.5x points bonus if you win) - though this is still not enough as many people still just go

han_solo.jpg

and don't bother with objectives.

The multiplier for KZ2 match wins isn't that great because levelling up quickly isn't that important in the grand scheme of things for most avid/skilful players who are going to reach the end

goal.jpg

anyway. Plus everyone's so concerned with their K/D and personal score that it becomes irrelevant. Adding to that, if you play well

han-solo.jpg

, there's a high chance that you could significantly help your team to win just because you're killing the opposition.

My ideas - give different unlockables for playing in this team mode and being successful in it - winning earns you certain unlockables you can't get if you lose but get high scores or win but don't help out with objectives. Also, reduce the importance of killing; Obviously, being able to pick people off is great, and it should be encouraged, but it shouldn't always be the centre-piece.

battlefield_bad_company_2.jpg

doles points fairly generously for objective performance, but they still aren't enough. It's probably because of the existence of k/D and kill scores - should this be removed in plain favour of just showing kills and not deaths so that K/D is not calculated and stored? Further this by putting the kill count near the bottom/out of place of scoreboards and records in this mode? That's what I'd do. Perhaps objective players should be rewarded by getting certain

270022-supermushroom_large.jpg

once they've completed an objective. Another important thing is that objective/team players shouldn't be punished too much for trying the daring - planting

bob_ombs_Badass_Super_Mario_desktop_wallpapers-s1920x1080-22548-580.png

or whatever is generally dangerous activity, so perhaps respawn times for these people should be reduced, and if people are going on kill streaks without touching objectives, their respawn time is increased even?

The

key1_000.png

thing about the above is that it's a seperate option from the normal modes, and that there are unique incentives for succeeding in them. Sorry for the long

post-box-full_1206901i.jpg

but I'd be interested in listening to your

istockphoto_5587733-positive-thoughts.jpg

Camping really isn't hard to combat at all. In fact, I love it when people camp so that I know exactly where they are and can easily dispatch them with a shotgun/grenade/rifle grenade, or find an angle on them. Added to the fact there are UAV's/Heartbeat sensors e.t.c, I really don't think it's a big problem.

Camping really isn't hard to combat at all. In fact, I love it when people camp so that I know exactly where they are and can easily dispatch them with a shotgun/grenade/rifle grenade, or find an angle on them. Added to the fact there are UAV's/Heartbeat sensors e.t.c, I really don't think it's a big problem.

I need to shake my current 'retard' status from the forum.

The problem with camping is the first camp kill, almost unavoidable, and it breaks up a streak and generally pisses you off every now and then in a match. Killing them after you've been shot down is easy enough, but by then they've already ruined your dark, pathetic, out of control chasm that is your life.

I think it's a fairly big problem.

Not so much now because I'm just doing knife only and am finding it hilarious again. My throwing knife abilities are definitely to be marvelled at.

Throwing knives are awesome -- no other weapon can match the elation of scoring a kill with 'em.

I've been meaning to try and get better with the riot shield, just for the giggles.

I've found that if you sit in corners with a riot shield, you're disguised on quite a few surfaces. Can be really hard to spot. Most of the time though, you're just a moving target.

I need to shake my current 'retard' status from the forum.

The problem with camping is the first camp kill, almost unavoidable, and it breaks up a streak and generally pisses you off every now and then in a match. Killing them after you've been shot down is easy enough, but by then they've already ruined your dark, pathetic, out of control chasm that is your life.

I think it's a fairly big problem.

Not so much now because I'm just doing knife only and am finding it hilarious again. My throwing knife abilities are definitely to be marvelled at.

(What's the first sentence of your post all about?).

Unless you run around like a headless chicken and don't scout rooms as you go into them I don't see how it's almost unavoidable. Also, how do you know they've been camping when you've only been killed by them once. They could've known enemies were assaulting that area and hid round the corner for the stealthy kill.

I was implying that it isn't hard to kill a camper.

The thing is, you know if there is one when you go back to the spot after a short while and they're still there or they're trying to camp there again. You can kind of tell by the way they play.

I was implying that it isn't hard to kill a camper.

The thing is, you know if there is one when you go back to the spot after a short while and they're still there or they're trying to camp there again. You can kind of tell by the way they play.

The way I see it is: it may be frustrating in the short term, when you inadvertently run past a camper and get killed, but in the long run those types of players are easier kills than the people that are unpredictable in their movement.

The way I play means I'm less prone to camping, so maybe I'm not seeing the full picture.

Anyway, what are everyone's snipers of choice. I've recently gone back to the Intervention with Sleight of Hand so that I can keep my self vulnerable for the least time possible. Easily feels the best for some reason.

Sit in a corner with a riot shield? Camper!! :P

Haha!

I actually learned this by trying to call in a pred milf in a building, and I inadvertently went prone next to a guy with a riot shield in the corner. I swear he was virtually invisible.

Edited by dwarf

Just completed the campaign, did it on Hardened for the Gold trophy. 95% of the campaign was a chore, I was just waiting for the thing to end. Plus, the amount of times you will almost certainly die first time is ridiculous, some bits are 'wtf' and take mutliple tries and it can get very frustrating. Meh.

Edit to save the triple post

thanks for Jay/Oxy/S-C/arbitrary member

for hyping the Tar. Added the old silencer, obviously, and found that it's amazing without stopping power today. I just think it's a quality gun, kinda like the ACR but more badass and the fire rate is incredible. The only downside is the ammo consumption, so therefore I put on scavenger. By creating this deathchild I came up with this class that is wholesomely made of win:

Tar - Silenced

Thumper (I went there)

Semtex & Smk Grenade (whatever sec.grenade you prefer)

Scavenger, Cold-Blooded, Commando Pro.

It is triumph-ful. You could replace the ol' thumper with a foregrip SPAS but whatever, the scavenger makes this amazingly fun, being able to tube and nade at will, you get so many kills from them, just great for clearing stuff out and testing areas/getting random or hopeful kills.

Also, use the UAV. I don't care if it seems like a waste of a streak, it's fun having it there, and getting standard kills is more fun than air support +100s.

Edited by dwarf

Favela is the only bit I'd say was 'broken' on campaign. Vet mode was a bit of a chore on that level, but comparative to MW1 the rest of the levels are fairly balanced.