NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - New characters and online coop

http://gdc.gamespot.com/story/6206597/?tag=topslot;title;1

30% more single player content ontop of coop.

2 new characters

More story elements

Online Coop mode

Camera tweaks and rework + head animation

Enhanced graphics

Sixaxis motion control

Trailer:

Screens: 958890_20090323_screen010.jpg

958890_20090323_screen009.jpg

958890_20090323_screen007.jpg

958890_20090323_screen003.jpg

958890_20090323_screen001.jpg

958890_20090323_screen011.jpg

958890_20090323_screen002.jpg

958890_20090323_screen008.jpg

No sign of Temco's other game.

Edited by Choze

Looks... Team Ninja-y.

No sign of Temco's other game.

You mean the, "greatest '______' game ever"? That would be this.

Looks... Team Ninja-y.

The first girl does not have oversized boobs though...

I've had the original (Ninja Gaiden Sigma) in my collection for ages. Can't seem to get motivated to put it in the machine. ::shrug:

I love Ninja Gaiden, I allready have NGII on the 360 though so I won't be getting this, however if they included a content update which would patch the game to include all of the above for say... 1400 M$ points or something then I would get that, probably won't happen though.

lol ayane.

urr..yeah. good for you guys I suppose. New camera would be very welcome. Co-op might be a blast but I'm not sure: the epic fustration of NG is one to be...enjoyed alone. It's a very sweary game. Also, the first sniff of lag would send me in to a frothing, foul mouthed tirade of pure, venomous hate.

The first girl does not have oversized boobs though...

To be fair, they're still pretty damn big. Who is she anyway? She's no current DoA character thats for sure.

Good to see someone pick up the Ninja Gaiden flame after Ikagaki left.

To be fair, they're still pretty damn big. Who is she anyway? She's no current DoA character thats for sure.

I believe it's 'Momiji' who is Ryu's apprentice in Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword on the DS, damn that game owned... I still use the Dragon Sword stylus to this very day. :heh:

Anyway, here's a pic of the character in question...

ngds_02.jpg

Edited by S.C.G
Ninja edit :P

I was actually referring to the game's aesthetic as opposed to the characters' mammary measurements; Team Ninja games have a very 'figurine' look to them that I'm not a huge fan of. That Momiji character is positively restrained by Tecmo standards.

I probably will get this, by the way. I didn't pick it up for the 360 as I got the impression from those that did that the game could have done with a few more months in development, which evidently it has now received. I'm hardly counting down the days to its release, but I'm sure it'll be a good — and bastard hard — action game.

Simply put, this looks epic. Funny how, just a week before this was announced, me and Doncartel were just chatting about how awesome it would be if you could have co-op Devil May Cry style gameplay and now here it is. He is gonna blow up when I tell him...may keep it a tasty secret for now.

Oh and that Momiji w/e girl does have silly boobs.

To be fair i meant Temco small :p

xekk9.jpg

Will probably rent this.

That was a pretty awesome trailer and while I am very tempted to purchase it for the new content I still don't see why I should have to... I have Ninja Gaiden II for the Xbox 360 which is the same game without the extra stuff and I've allready worked my way through part of that so I still think that at some point they should have DLC that upgrades NGII to Sigma standards otherwise it's pretty much a slap in the face to those who bought it when it was an exclusive title because if it hadn't have sold well then it's Sigma variant probably wouldn't have surfaced regardless of whether Itagi was still there or not.

Website up: http://www.ninjagaiden.jp/ngs2/top.html

Very slow.

That was a pretty awesome trailer and while I am very tempted to purchase it for the new content I still don't see why I should have to... I have Ninja Gaiden II for the Xbox 360 which is the same game without the extra stuff and I've allready worked my way through part of that so I still think that at some point they should have DLC that upgrades NGII to Sigma standards otherwise it's pretty much a slap in the face to those who bought it when it was an exclusive title because if it hadn't have sold well then it's Sigma variant probably wouldn't have surfaced regardless of whether Itagi was still there or not.

No idea.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/965/965985p1.html

Ayane -- a fan-favorite from the Dead or Alive franchise -- will also be playable in her own story mode and she sports a flashy set of moves that are reminiscent of her move set from the Dead or Alive fighters. The other character introduced was the beautiful Momiji, a character originally found in Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword for the Nintendo DS. Wielding an impressive lance and some elaborate aerial combos, Momiji will add yet another layer of gameplay to Sigma 2 that elevates the experience beyond the 360 version.

Apparently, Team Ninja wanted to make Sigma 2 a culmination of all the previous Ninja Gaiden efforts, as it will be the sixth iteration of the series. That's one of the driving reasons for the inclusion of the two new characters, as well as the gameplay tweaks that have also been included. Team Ninja monitored the feedback from both gamers and industry representatives alike in order to fine-tune the experience for the PS3. This includes a more streamlined camera system as well as an adjusted difficulty level -- which will still, of course, challenge players with ridiculous enemies.

Although no official announcement was made at the event, Team Ninja does hope to support the game after launch with DLC, though 360 users will be left out. The developers have no plan to bring the extra content (both on the disc and the possible DLC) to Microsoft's current-gen console.

Supposedly its exclusive. Sony use a clause for late games that they require extra content. No idea if this will stick.

Supposedly its exclusive. Sony use a clause for late games that they require extra content. No idea if this will stick.

Well looking at it objectively it should be simple for them if they want to make more monies and ensure that fans who bought the original on 360 don't feel like they are being shafted then they will make the extra content available somehow as DLC for the 360 version so I'm unsure if they will keep it truly exclusive tbh.

Well looking at it objectively it should be simple for them if they want to make more monies and ensure that fans who bought the original on 360 don't feel like they are being shafted then they will make the extra content available somehow as DLC for the 360 version so I'm unsure if they will keep it truly exclusive tbh.

If wanted to make money in the first place, would they not have made it multi platform from the out.

If wanted to make money in the first place, would they not have made it multi platform from the out.

Exclusives sell, when Itagi was around this was a 360 exclusive but now that he's left and sales have levelled out they've decided to milk it and bring it to PS3, I just want the extra content to be made available for the 360 though at some point.

I'm actually tempted by this. I played it and completed it (on the easy difficulty...) on 360 and sold it. Wouldn't mind maybe playing this again considering it has got stuff added.

I shall decide when it comes out me thinks.

Exclusives sell, when Itagi was around this was a 360 exclusive but now that he's left and sales have levelled out they've decided to milk it and bring it to PS3, I just want the extra content to be made available for the 360 though at some point.

But not as much as a 'good' (subjective) multi-plat game. It's more that they got loads of money from microsoft in the first place that kept it exclusive for awhile. Not that it sells more for being an exclusive.

The problem for me with this is that it doesn't seem that special. It's probably a solid game, I've played the demo for Sigma and it was quite good, but nothing sets it apart really. Games for me now have to be quite ambitious or simple but appealing. This doesn't really do either.

Well lets see. I think if its more accessible than previous Ninja Gaidens it could do well.

Bayonetta may be its close competition so lets see.

The problem for me with this is that it doesn't seem that special. It's probably a solid game, I've played the demo for Sigma and it was quite good, but nothing sets it apart really. Games for me now have to be quite ambitious or simple but appealing. This doesn't really do either.

It is very special- the fighting engine is by far the best ever made. Shits on God of War and DMC.

there are...other design issues, but alot of them should be addressed by this version.

It is very special- the fighting engine is by far the best ever made. Shits on God of War and DMC.

there are...other design issues, but alot of them should be addressed by this version.

LOL at the way you phrased that. Judging from the last sigma game and then the sequel, I doubt the problems will be fixed but still wont stop me from buying it.

I think they may of still released it even if Itagi was still there. Itagi maybe wouldnt have had anything to do with it though just like the first Sigma game.

I think they may of still released it even if Itagi was still there. Itagi maybe wouldnt have had anything to do with it though just like the first Sigma game.

Hmm maybe I guess, I'd just like the 'extra' content to be made available to 360 owners as well in the form of dlc, that's all. :)

Sign in to follow this