Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

GDC 2009

canand

I hope new Zelda Pokemon G/S Remakes and a new Mario and Animal Crossing DSi Ware game.

Animal Crossing for DSi is not a bad guess at all, as I'm sure I remember the game's creator saying there could possibly be two on DS. Combine that with the fact that Wild World sold well and they want people to buy the DSi, and I would say this is not unlikely at all.

Iwata's keynote is entitled "Discovering New Development Opportunities". What could fall into this?

My theory is they want to push the DSi, so I'm expecting a big DSi exclusive. I'm hoping for Metroid Dread, but it'll probably be a new Brain Training or something similar. There is also a small chance that rumour about a DSi-exclusive Zelda was true. After all, Phantom Hourglass was revealed at GDC a few years ago.

They will also want to show developers the benefits of MotionPlus. I predict they'll show the other sports of Wii Sports Resort, but I'd love to see Zelda or Kid Icarus too.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These games that you mention are all cash cows, Nintendo isn't going to limit the market for them by making them exclusive to the DSi. There isn't even anything the DSi can do that effects gameplay really that the older DS can't do. Though I've heard it has a slight spec bump, but probably not enough to justify making them exclusive. I think its more likely that newer 1st party DS games have some features that only work on a DSi. Perhaps playing your own music in the background or something like that.

I dont think oyu will see many if any dsi exclusive games.. Why alienate the current ds audience? At that stage you may as well call the dsi the ds2..

Whereas downloable content is likely but it won't be anymore than the shite nintendo offers for wiiware. pokemon range and the like.

Considering Nintendos new stupid policy about not announcing games until just before release, it's fully possible they'll announce some game that'll be released before E3. Nothing big though, probably just a batch of new instruments for Wii music and some crappy waggle game.

'Ere comes teh megatonz!

In terms of highlights coming out of this show, I'd say Nintendo's Iwata keynote is the one that you'll really want to watch (Jeremy will be live blogging it tomorrow morning). I thought he was just going to be talking about Motion Plus and DSi, but it turns out he's going to be announcing quite a few new games -- for Wii, Wiiware, and Virtual Console (and this won't just be Nintendo titles, but also third party stuff). I've already heard about a few of them (including one that makes me all giddy...I can't wait for tomorrow now).

Thanks to Deux Michaels over at Gonintendo.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8984319&publicUserId=4561231

Edited by Noku

Guest Maase

Damnit, I know what'l happen after this article...

1 - We (or at least, I) get our hopes up

2 - We get brace for impact

3 - Nothing comes

4 - Some of us rage.

Guest Jordan

I doubt something huge will happen. But hopefully they'll pull their hands out of their asses and get release dates sorted out. Not to mention some new details on core Nintendo franchises they haven't talked about.

Who knows? A another new DS? :p

Any predictions on what the big game is?

I thinking Earthbound, or perhaps 3rd party PS1 games which were rumored at one point. Perhaps MGS or the old Resi games. Or, it could be an old IP remade for Wii Ware, perhaps a new 2D Metroid, Zelda, or Mario game.

... I just re-read that quote and noticed that it also said Wii games. Now I'm slightly more excited.

Is the embargo just until next week, or until E3 like last years.

I doubt something huge will happen. But hopefully they'll pull their hands out of their asses and get release dates sorted out. Not to mention some new details on core Nintendo franchises they haven't talked about.

Who knows? A another new DS? :p

This! Mainly for a crap load of third party titles, but even Nintendo seem to have a load of announced stuff that seems to be doing absolutely nothing. Wii Sports Resort? Sin and Punishment 2?

But anyway, GDC really isn't the place. I'm not even going to use a throw-away remark like "I have a small inkling that this year may be slightly interesting".... not after last E3. Just forget its happening - that's superb logic.

These are just fun predications! but i'm still going for a 'Professor Layton' Wii...and because PilotWings, Ice Climbers and PIT have been rumoured for ages...one of those..my guess is 'PilotWings' purely because it would suit both a hardcore and casual market.

DSi info and Wii storage solution is a MUST now..we've waited long enough.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!