N-Europe

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - What now?

Tellyn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously though a wario ware :shake style sequel to donkey kong country 3 is all I care about. 3d would work..

Donkey kong is nintendo's second most recognised character. I always wonder why they don't use him more often.

We need the Stamper bros. back on the case!

We need the Stamper bros. back on the case!

but nintendo don't even need them. Donkey is madly famous... why don't ninendo try themselves? Forget the bonjos and the gimmicky adventures like king of swing give us the straight platformer..

you ever get the feeling this isn't happening because miyamoto never liked the games?

I know this will offend almost everybody, but I always kinda' wanted a mario game set in a real place. For example, Princess Peach is sucked into space, so Mario goes back to the galaxy, which would act as the overworld. Its full of wormholes now and caving in on itself, and all the baddies have fallen into them and landed all over the place. So Mario would have to close each wormhole in order to find Peach and save the universe. So one level would start you traveling down the wormhole and collecting a star from London. Jumping over rooftops and climbing up famous landmarks. Then the next level could take place on the moon, or in the amazon rainforest etc. And there could be past and future versions of the same level, as well as good old fashioned Mario places, and even other Nintendo games like Hyrule castle etc.

I know it sounds awful, I'm cringing as I read what I've just typed. If only there was a way for you to hack into my head and see what I'm talking about. It looks great in my mind, I promise.

I know this will offend almost everybody, but I always kinda' wanted a mario game set in a real place. For example, Princess Peach is sucked into space, so Mario goes back to the galaxy, which would act as the overworld. Its full of wormholes now and caving in on itself, and all the baddies have fallen into them and landed all over the place. So Mario would have to close each wormhole in order to find Peach and save the universe. So one level would start you traveling down the wormhole and collecting a star from London. Jumping over rooftops and climbing up famous landmarks. Then the next level could take place on the moon, or in the amazon rainforest etc. And there could be past and future versions of the same level, as well as good old fashioned Mario places, and even other Nintendo games like Hyrule castle etc.

I know it sounds awful, I'm cringing as I read what I've just typed. If only there was a way for you to hack into my head and see what I'm talking about. It looks great in my mind, I promise.

I understand what you're saying, but I think I would rather have places that are based around real places rather than actually being set in them. You could have a city in the mushroom kingdom with landmarks similar to that of London or New York without having the game being set in the actual cities. Levels being actually set in the real places might make the game feel too detached from the Mario Universe.

Ahhh, this takes me back. IGN did a feature (shock!) about what readers would like in SMG. I only remember this as I featured in it (even though they never put my name in...prats). I said:

Two potential areas Nintendo could hit on could be:

Planets downloaded onto the Wii via the WiiConnect24 service. This could be retro planets in the graphical style of the 8-bit Mario games, or spacecraft levels, thus "entering" your own Super Mario Galaxy. The other potential for this could be planets which enable Wi-Fi downloads to the DS. The possibilities are endless when linked with the DS.

Yeah, I was nieve...

I think everyone was expecting too much...

Ahhh, this takes me back. IGN did a feature (shock!) about what readers would like in SMG. I only remember this as I featured in it (even though they never put my name in...prats). I said:

Two potential areas Nintendo could hit on could be:

Planets downloaded onto the Wii via the WiiConnect24 service. This could be retro planets in the graphical style of the 8-bit Mario games, or spacecraft levels, thus "entering" your own Super Mario Galaxy. The other potential for this could be planets which enable Wi-Fi downloads to the DS. The possibilities are endless when linked with the DS.

Yeah, I was nieve...

I think everyone was expecting too much...

but you see I know it was imagination at the time but I personally don't want anything like that.. I wanted a very polished single player game with nothing gimmicky to stand in teh way of experience and that's exactly what I got..

I'm all for unlockables in that however.. mini games are nice but only if they don't distract from the 1 player...

A one player game should always be one player.. this is why metroid also fails in multiplayer. With metroid prime :echoes they wasted their time trying to create a mediocre multiplayerand the single suffered.

If i wanted a good multiplayer game i'd buy mario kart and smash bros.

NIntendo are excellent at keeping things small but polished most of the time.. They don't try to confuse us with extra options which is not always a good thing but helps sometimes.