NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Yakuza 3

No topic for this. So this shall do.

I really hope this comes to Europe.

For the uninitiated. Yakuza 3 is the closes game to Shenmue series. It is made by Sega. You play the role of an ex Yakuza. You get to live the story. You can earn money, play mini games, arcades, cage fights etc.

Images are all ingame. Main characters have lots of detail.

ryu14.jpg

ryu01.jpg

ryu03.jpg

ryu13.jpg

sega25.jpg

ryu19.jpg

ryu03.jpg

ryu15.jpg

ryu12.jpg

ryu04.jpg

ryu04.jpg

It looks good, I just hope there will be some sort of release here with translations - no use playing an RPG when you don't understand the language.

No plans for Western release. Thanks for nothing Sega..

I hope not. I hope they add plans soon. :(

I dont think ive bought a Sega game at retail since Skies of Arcadia for the GC but id defo get this if it gets a western release. Take my money Sega!

The first two came to Europe and America so I'd imagine we'll eventually see it.

Maybe they flopped hard or something.

I dont think ive bought a Sega game at retail since Skies of Arcadia for the GC but id defo get this if it gets a western release. Take my money Sega!

That's bad because Valkyria Chronicles is on the market, that's Sega's best game since like well Dreamcast times, it's BLOODY AWESOME

That's bad because Valkyria Chronicles is on the market, that's Sega's best game since like well Dreamcast times, it's BLOODY AWESOME

Noted. Im ashamed to report that i played and loved the demo and then proceeded to buy Fallout 3 instead. I may pick it up in a dry release period later though

No English release? PS3 only? Thanks SEGA!

Shame, because it looks fucking awesome, I loved Shenmue, I have 2 copies of Shenmue and 2 copies of Shenmue II, all Dreamcast <3

Thanks for that, just made a Japanese account myself now

Still havn't played anything online with you yet! Unbelievable....

Still havn't played anything online with you yet! Unbelievable....

Ive barely done any online gaming yet with the PS3 because of my dodgy connection, its driving me crazy. We'll definately have to try soon though.

Just playing the demo is sooo good. I mean obviously so much is lost in translation, but man is it awesome. You go into to this kinda club and get into a fight and the combat system is like nothing in any other game, lots of items to pick up dynamically, each with their own way of fighting, different ways to work them into combos. You have 3 weapons, each has a nice feel to them, you can randomly pull out a cigarette during combat. Also has a pretty cool grappling system and you can kinda chain them together, so grapple with a guy, bash the O button to complete the move and throw him on the floor, then press O again to pick him back (depending on where yours stood may drag him by arms or legs or lift, then place with you back to you and do another throw.

I love the scale of the city as well. The street you start off on has far more hustle and bustle than the streets of GTA IV, obviously there aren't tons of cars shooting up and down the streets but it gives a much fuller fresh looking city.

I now really want this game to come to with UK or US. Even if it was just subtitled it really wouldn't matter. We need this game...

amazing game. I so wish this gets announced for Europe. Its improved over previous games. Just love looking around and exploring. The fight scenes are fun too. I pcked up a bike and broke it by smashing it into someone. :)

amazing game. I so wish this gets announced for Europe. Its improved over previous games. Just love looking around and exploring. The fight scenes are fun too. I pcked up a bike and broke it by smashing it into someone. :)

Did both previous games come to Europe and/or US? If we don't get it here would at least expect it to hit US in which case I have to import it.

Did both previous games come to Europe and/or US? If we don't get it here would at least expect it to hit US in which case I have to import it.

They both did, but with a long time inbetween release from East to West. Yakuza 2 came out late 2004 over here compared to late 2001 in Japan.

I managed with the old guide but yeah it does make things clearer. Just about to play it.

Managed to complete the demo and was very impressed. It gets button prompts right and beating people up is very fun. Obviously would be much better with English/subtitles but was still good.

What I would like is maybe a bit more freedom when it comes to roaming around, as in the doorways are accessible and not just an invisible wall. Maybe the combat could have more variety? I would have liked to lob someone from the balcony in the bar fight.

Loved the demo. Lots of weapons, and items to use in battle.

And having been in Japan it looks exactly like it. Did any one go into that 7ellevenish store? That exactly how they look ^^

hope this game comes with english subs in japan or gets released here.

Have not been Japan yet but it reminds me of other stores in the region. They also love their versions of Pot Noodles :p

Its really nice demo despite the japanese language barrier.

Sign in to follow this