NEurope
Edjamakated

Original music compisition thread

I posted a piece of music in the music thread, but that was before I knew it was run over with britney spears fans. *shudders*

So I decided to make this thread. This is where your own work can be posted, discussed, and criticized.

As for me, I like to produce hip-hop/rap beats. I'm ok, and I only use a laptop, but even without a great setup, I still enjoy putting music together. This latest one came to me after watching Quantum of Solace. I have some lyrics for it, but I can't figure out how to incorporate them correctly just yet.

Anyway, tell me what you think! Cheers : peace:

http://www.supload.com/music/Fresh-download-ITZFS7MU3RBF.html

-vid-

Just put this up yesterday. Its a cover of Human by the Killers. : peace:

wowsers! colour me impressed. :D

You rock tapedeck! :bowdown:

I posted a piece of music in the music thread, but that was before I knew it was run over with britney spears fans. *shudders*

So I decided to make this thread. This is where your own work can be posted, discussed, and criticized.

As for me, I like to produce hip-hop/rap beats. I'm ok, and I only use a laptop, but even without a great setup, I still enjoy putting music together. This latest one came to me after watching Quantum of Solace. I have some lyrics for it, but I can't figure out how to incorporate them correctly just yet.

Anyway, tell me what you think! Cheers : peace:

http://www.supload.com/music/Fresh-download-ITZFS7MU3RBF.html

I DL'd your thing before, but forgot to get back to you. Elements I liked, and it works together, but that annoying vibrating UFO noise kinda cheapens the whole affair. (Not completely)

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

That was a quality cover Tapedeck ^^ if you're thinking of covering any more new Killers tracks I reckon Spaceman would be epic, anyways very nice. :smile:

Cool, but it wasn't really an original composition.

^^^ it was an original interpretation though and it was composed so technically it is... also, any chance of a mod changing the thread title as I'm sue it's "composition" not trying to be a grammar Nazi or anything it's just bugging me and probably others too >>

Anyway, nice work Edjamakated, not really my thing but you obviously enjoyed making it. :smile:

I just don't get music like that Twozzok.

I understand it and I feel the way notes are worked into the synthesised patterns are unique and all. I guess it's just not my bag baby.

Thus...I may try to create such a sound on the keyboard. See what I can come up with.

God damn it Mark, that was fantastic! : peace: :yay:

I love that song and yours was also excellent :D:bowdown: : peace: :bowdown:

Tapedeck... you composed both of those tracks? I really liked them :smile: some excellent piano playing there along with some decent vocals, awesome stuff. ^^

Tapedeck... you composed both of those tracks? I really liked them :smile: some excellent piano playing there along with some decent vocals, awesome stuff. ^^

Cheers mate. I've decided to sing more these days and let the singing be free :o I have no idea if I can actually write/sing good stuff so putting it online is a sure fire way of finding out :p

Hey I knew I saw this thread somewhere. Instead of creating a new thread I thought I'd post my myspace music profile here.

http://www.myspace.com/mikeyoconnellmusic

I've often seen people like tapedeck post great music here so This is finally my attempt.

let me know your impressions.

Anyone else have anything it's been a while :)

edit: also will someone edit the thread title lol :D

Edited by mcj metroid

Nice little ditties. What program do you use to make the beats/non-piano bits?

Just cause I realised that although I feel such a calling to make music, I can't. And so I could just make loads of shite pop songs for my own consumption/enjoyment of shite lyrics, but I dunno how to make the beats except for what looks like a very rigid way in Garageband (i.e they've done it already).