NEurope
Ren of Heavens

428 Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de

Never heard of it before, but it got 40/40 in the latest Famitsu:

famitsu428xr3.jpg

The story, set in Tokyo's Shibuya, follows a young man, a virus researcher, a detective, a freelance writer and a cat mascot character as they brought together by strange events of global proportions. The visual novel uses photographs to tell the story.

Famitsu seemed most impressed with the game's story, the story's ending and the title's sound design.

For some reason I had automatically mentally marked this game as being for DS, dunno where I got that idea from. I know nothing about it really apart from the funny sounding title- 428 The World Doesn't Change Even So. I'm not sure what the chances are of this making it out of Japan, but its published by Sega (I think?), who pick up these more curious games from time to time and bring them to the Western market - such as Shiren the Wanderer on DS.

This news is just insane, it's a live action novel and they gave it a 40. I'm so damn curious of what they say about it.

This news is just insane, it's a live action novel and they gave it a 40. I'm so damn curious of what they say about it.

Doesn't that make it a film? :)

Doesn't that make it a film? :)

From what I understand, it is basically an interactive movie. Very much like many that were on Mega CD.

Yeh it's definitely a Wii game. I think it's in a similar vein to things like Another Code and Hotel Dusk. Not entirely sure but that's what it seems to be like from what I have gathered thus far.

WHat do you do in it?

40/40?!?! Haven't only a handful of games got this?

According to 1up.com only 9 games in the magazines 22 year history. In this same issue though they gave Fallout 3 a 38/40 which is the highest for a western RPG.

Don't forget the Japanese Magazines do usually give good scores on franchises that give a lot of money.

But 40/40 is actually very hard to get on Famitsu, so i guess this game must be good.

I was always curious about it, but i know it won't come here, so i don't care

^ well... if you count the Ocarina of Time bonus disc with Wind Waker, it'd be the second. But I don't think we do count that? That would require two ratings. Or.... argh I don't know. Who cares.

Interesting to see that I'm not the only one who's instincts told them this was for DS - I wonder where we got misinformed at...?

Don't forget the Japanese Magazines do usually give good scores on franchises that give a lot of money.

This is not such a case, Chunsoft novel games don't usually get lots of money.

They gave a 40 to something that's not a game?

How's the gameplay on this thing? Refined? Bad?

Pratically non-existant I suppose, this probably plays like an ero-game or something like that. Which is OK, I mean totally different games, must be judged in a totally different manner.

Wow, this is surprising. And for it to be a VN and score a 40/40, then it has to have a bloody good story behind it.

Now I am really interested in this VN ^^