N-Europe

This Month's NOM.

Sprout

This viewtiful game is more of a side game so the ds version will probably be the last in the 'proper' series of 3 games.

Yeah I was embarrest(sp?) to buy it aswell. For some reason I seem attached to nom and keep on buying it, even though it has been goin down hill for a while now.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing wrong with being attracted to Pokemon. Grrr.

Anyway, I haven't read NOM in years, it was a bit pooey in my day, although I've heard it's improved.

The reviews are written in proper paragraphs now, not just a bunch of screenshots in a box with a sentence like "Look at all these awesome guns wot you can shoot wiv!" or "Put yer granny outside if you're playin' this!".

The improvement over the N64-era mag is tremendous, and Tim Street deserves credit for making the mag more of a real games mag after it went so far astray. It just needs a bit more grown up style of writing now, and to stop assuming the readers are all kids. If they could get the writing up to NGC's standards, it could be easily the best Gamecube mag. CUBE rocks, but Wrestling on the front cover? That is SO 1999.

i garuntee it if it was a nintendo game it will get 10 more %

EXAXTLY! I mean Metroid Prime 2 was a good game but it was no way better than it's predacessor, but since NOM are such a bunch of queers they gave the game 97%. Then a few months later Resident Evil 4 comes out and they give it 95%! Resident Evil 4 is the best gamecube game by far, it's obvious they're saving 98% for Twilight Princess.

And the way they write their reviews is bad. Really bad. :angry:. I mean all they write is either:

1.Resident Evil 4 is great because the attention to detail they put into blowing off people's heads is amazing, but you'd better lock the door when playing it or your dad will go crazy!(Nothing about the gameplay, they also basically talk about the plot for a page or two).

2.Pokemon Leaf Green was amazing, even though it's a remake it's still a Nintendo game so it deserves 92%!(They also talk about how Pokemon is still cool).

These guys make the people on the Nintendo of Europe forums look like Sony fanboys.

EXAXTLY! I mean Metroid Prime 2 was a good game but it was no way better than it's predacessor, but since NOM are such a bunch of queers they gave the game 97%. Then a few months later Resident Evil 4 comes out and they give it 95%! Resident Evil 4 is the best gamecube game by far, it's obvious they're saving 98% for Twilight Princess.

And the way they write their reviews is bad. Really bad. :angry:. I mean all they write is either:

1.Resident Evil 4 is great because the attention to detail they put into blowing off people's heads is amazing, but you'd better lock the door when playing it or your dad will go crazy!(Nothing about the gameplay, they also basically talk about the plot for a page or two).

2.Pokemon Leaf Green was amazing, even though it's a remake it's still a Nintendo game so it deserves 92%!(They also talk about how Pokemon is still cool).

These guys make the people on the Nintendo of Europe forums look like Sony fanboys.

personally prime 1 deserved the 97% rather then prime 2

How do all the various gaming mags compare? I buy NGC and NOM fairly regularly but I've never bought Cube - I don't like the fact it's usually sold in a plastic bag so I can't flick through and the cover features/lines never really appeal.

I don't buy any of the multi-format magazines cos I've only got a Gamecube, DS and GBA, so wouldn't read the rest of the mag.