NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Sky One and others return to Virgin Media

From Digitalspy

Sky's bouquet of basic TV channels including Sky1 and Sky News are to return to Virgin Media's digital cable service on November 13.

The broadcasters have reached two separate agreements for the carriage of the Sky basics package on Virgin and Virgin Media Television's Living, Bravo, Trouble and Virgin1 bouquet on the Sky electronic programme guide.

Full commercial terms were not disclosed but the agreements include annual carriage fees plus additional capped payments subject to performance-related targets. Both deals expire on June 12, 2011.

The Sky basic channels will be spread across each tier of Virgin's cable TV service: Sky3, Sky News and Sky Sports News will be available in the lowest M tier; Sky1 and Sky2 will be available in the L tier; and Sky Arts 1, Sky Arts 2, Sky Real Lives and Sky Real Lives 2 will join the XL tier.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/a134623/sky1-sky-news-back-on-virgin-cable.html

Took them long enough...shame there's now nothing ever good on it :p

Sorry guys, I completely missed the thread.

Anyway, excellent news. Just in time for 24: Redemption and season 7, I don't have to buy the DVDs/resort to illegal measures to watch them now!

Only thing I'm gonna end up watching on it is new Lost, new Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe and new simpsons...the rest of the stuff it has on it is complete crap (I don't like 24, so sue me :P )

Just had the full XL package installed today so this is a welcome surprise.

I've missed Sky One mainly because of the Simpsons though, so this is welcome news.

I have the XL package too.

fantastic! when does gladiators start again. Shame because have lost interest in Lost since I lost Sky last time round.

Guess they realised Virgin 1 couldn't really compete even though they did get some pretty good exclusives.

Guess they realised Virgin 1 couldn't really compete even though they did get some pretty good exclusives.

Bollocks, all Sky have is Lost, 24 and the Simpsons, none of which are unmissable.

Bollocks, all Sky have is Lost, 24 and the Simpsons, none of which are unmissable.

yeah but they still have big enough pull for a lot of people. I'm that bothered...like I said long lost interest in Lost, never watched 24 and Simpsons is old hat...gimme Sarah Connor Chronicles any day!

yeah but they still have big enough pull for a lot of people. I'm that bothered...like I said long lost interest in Lost, never watched 24 and Simpsons is old hat...gimme Sarah Connor Chronicles any day!

Really? Season 4 of Lost was awesome and Season 5 looks to be even more awesome

Really? Season 4 of Lost was awesome and Season 5 looks to be even more awesome

yeah but when virgin lost Sky One it was only a season 2 or something and never watched it since.

Maybe Virgin will be cheeky and put it on On Demand!

doubtful!

Pretty sure there was mention of them doing that ages ago anyway.

They had Seasons 1 to 3 up on demand for most of this year, that was when and how I got into it

Dunno about Season 4 though

Whats really interesting about this is that the new agreement for carriage is similar to the original price- which pretty much proves that Sky were unhappy with having a sizable competitor and simply threw their dummy out of the pram.

Sign in to follow this